Doctor Who: fez museum case! Help

CaylePhoto

I want to recreate to case that holds the Fez that Doctor who snags from the museum on "The Day of The Doctor" however I cannot figure out what the top piece of glass is. at first I thought it was tempered glass that was broken, but it seems to have a clean reflection. it is sparkly like some sort of diffused textured glass. Any thoughts?

http://youtu.be/Zn9Ss9rZMcU

Isn't it sand from when the statues exploded?

- - - Updated - - -

If you look it's also on the table the box is sitting on and it's all over the floor

That's definitely just sand - you can see how it has moved around after the Doctor takes the hat out of the box...

Screen Shot 2014-04-25 at 4.45.41 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2014-04-25 at 4.45.59 PM.jpg

In the 2nd pic above, that's not a shadow on top of the box; it's a part of the box where there's no sand. You can see it better in the YouTube video.

ahhahahah THANK YOU!!! I had no idea what it was.... and had noticed the change in the second frame but could not figure out it's significance. Ill post updates as I build it. As well as if the Fez I ordered is legit ;) This is my first post here as well as my first attempt at building a prop thank you for the great head start! My next challenge it to figure out if the hat stand. It looks to be a Brass headed bobbin of some kind or possibly really shiny wood. Either way I will more then likely have to turn it out of wood to make it.
Screen Shot 2014-04-25 at 7.21.51 PM.png

Last edited:
Just a quick update....... the shaft that holds the hat is still a work in progress but the box dimensions are good ;)
I still cant decide if the head of the hat shaft is really shiny wood or if its brass........ as both fit the time era of the hat stands of similar build

Screen Shot 2014-04-27 at 5.44.40 PM.png

Photo May 10, 8 32 54 PM.jpgPhoto May 10, 8 30 03 PM.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Photo May 31, 8 11 47 PM.jpgPhoto May 31, 8 27 02 PM.jpgPhoto May 31, 11 38 06 PM.jpg

learned how to cut glass accurately finally lol ;)

Now I just need to find the right wood stain. Any suggestions welcome ;)

Attachments

• Photo May 31, 3 14 35 PM.jpg
    Photo May 31, 3 14 35 PM.jpg
    747.8 KB · Views: 74
I will state that next time I do screen measurements I need to account for the wide angle lens lol

I know my fez is bigger then the one used in that scene but my measurements where thrown by the wide angle lens

I also await the actually post the fez sits on....as for now it is held up by an upturned glass

Nice work of the box! I love it when people do replica props that no one would even consider a prop.

A bit off topic just thinking about it. The only reason this fez was in the under-gallery is because it was the fez that Queen Elizabeth 1 saw coming through the time wormhole. It seems to vanish from the story after the 3 doctors are taken to the tower. Making me think it was confiscated (Why the fez and not the sonics which all the solders saw the 2 doctors wielding as weapons before)

But then seeing as how this fez was the fez that travelled in time.. and is going to be the exact same fez in its own future that makes it is now in an impossible time loop where it's always existed and does the same thing over and over infinite times. This making it as old as time itself!

It's the impossible fez!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back