Captain America: Civil War

So is Spidey's suit all cgi?

From someone who saw the movie. No major spoilers, but still trying to keep actual info about the movie wrapped up under spoiler tags for everyone's benefit:

I'd say it's about 50/50 CGI vs, Practical. It appears they also did some practical-CGI mixing like they do with Iron Man's suits. There are only a few shots where the suit REALLY looks computer generated. All other times it flows really well and you'll just be so caught up in the movie that your analytical brain just shuts off and you enjoy it without wondering whats real and what's not.

Don't expect to see Green Lantern levels of CGI suiting though. The worst CGI Spidey in Civil War looks 10x better than the best GL CGI suit!

Is it me, or is that particular scene probably before they did ADR? Spidey sounds awfully British in that scene.

He's a squeaky teenager and doesn't come off as British at any time in the movie, but the same way that certain sounds just sound accented when pulled out of context, when you only hear the one line, it's going to sound a bit strange since you just don't have MORE dialogue to judge. Opinion:

His voice is the perfect squeaky fanboy voice that I imagined when I used to read the comics and it just works so perfectly.

Description ONLY of how many scenes there are:

There was a mid credit scene, but no after credit scene... HOWEVER they also did that for an advanced screening for GotG, so there may still be a scene that goes there. When I see CA:CW on opening night, I'm still going to sit through the full credits to see for sure.

Description of the scenes:

Bucky volunteers to be re-frozen in a very modern looking lab until his brainwashing can be undone. Cap thanks T'challa for allowing them to use his country and resources for keeping Bucky frozen, warning him that if people were to find out that Bucky was there there would be hell to pay. T'challa responds "Let them come" and we are shown a long pan out the window showing they are in the middle of a lush forest, with a HUGE panther statue overlooking everything outside.

-Nick

There IS an after credits scene.

Peter's in his room and toying around with his new web shooters which suddenly project a beam of red light. Aunt May enters the room, Peter quickly hides the web shooter and she hands Peter an ice bag for the bruises on his face. She asks him, "Who hit you? What's his name?" and Peter responds with "Steve. He's from Brooklyn." As Aunt May leaves the room and shuts the door, Peter brings the web shooter out again and projects the beam of light up the ceiling. It shows the Spidey mask symbol from the Spider-Man: Homecoming logo. The scene cuts to black and the words "Spider-Man will return" fades in.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! You have to remain Team Cap! Tony is a ******! :cry

They had something really good to fight for! But I can say that Tony's is somewhat a bit selfish, so I'm sure as hell that I'm not Team Iron Man so maybe I am kinda in the neutral position :lol

It will take a lot to make me even consider Tony's position, so this must be really good!

Arghhhhhhhhh! The wait is slowly killing me!

i really gotta see this movie. All these clips make it so difficult to watch and im most of all curious too see not spidey but black panther actually. The one scene i saw already blew my mind away :)

One of the reasons I look forward to these type of movies is the soundtracks.
But I usually feel a little disappointed when they don't use any of the themes they develop in the previous movie(s).
I havent listened to all of Civil War yet but so far there isn't any recognizable theme connecting this to WTS. This score seems to be more of a generic action score so far. I hope after a few full listens I can pick something out of it.

Last edited:
One of the reasons I look forward to these type of movies is the soundtracks.
But I usually feel a little disappointed when they don't use any of the themes they develop in the previous movie(s).

I havent listened to all of Civil War yet but so far there isn't any recognizable theme connecting this to WTS. This score seems to be more of a generic action score so far. I hope after a few full listens I can pick something out of it.

No spoilers in terms of plot or action or anything below, simply my opinion of the soundtrack

In my opinion, the soundtrack is quite generic unfortunately. This isn't meant as even a criticism, it's fine for what it does.

It's a solid marvel affair, but there was no riffing Iron Man, or soaring Cap theme, or united beat the odds Avengers theme going on in my opinion. Absolutely doesn't take away from the movie, I just think it would have enhanced it. But then, a second viewing may help pick out further themes. But usually a soundtrack is with me after a film for a while, I connect to films with the soundtracks usually. This one isn't with me at the moment.

No spoilers in terms of plot or action or anything below, simply my opinion of the soundtrack

In my opinion, the soundtrack is quite generic unfortunately. This isn't meant as even a criticism, it's fine for what it does.

It's a solid marvel affair, but there was no riffing Iron Man, or soaring Cap theme, or united beat the odds Avengers theme going on in my opinion. Absolutely doesn't take away from the movie, I just think it would have enhanced it. But then, a second viewing may help pick out further themes. But usually a soundtrack is with me after a film for a while, I connect to films with the soundtracks usually. This one isn't with me at the moment.

Considering Avengers AOU managed to pull in the theme from the first movie as well as Iron Man's theme in IM3 (probably because Tyler did both sores) and Beck used the Falcon theme from CA TWS in Ant-Man.... I can't understand whyJackman couldn't pull in the theme used in CA TWS among others. Oh well.

Considering Avengers AOU managed to pull in the theme from the first movie as well as Iron Man's theme in IM3 (probably because Tyler did both sores) and Beck used the Falcon theme from CA TWS in Ant-Man.... I can't understand whyJackman couldn't pull in the theme used in CA TWS among others. Oh well.

He might have - you might hear it where I dont. It just didn't stand out to me. The Winter Soldier theme wasn't that strong for me either, though I thought it worked well in TWS film.

When listened to by itself, the winter soldier theme is overpowering. In the movie, with everything else going on it enhances the experience, but doesn't particularly stand out unless you know what to listen for.
I hope there's something similar in CA:CW

I plan to see this next week. Even though I still think heroe's battling each other is stupid as a plot point..

it's nice tohave a movie that you can just go in hoping to enjoy rather than hating on it or dreading on it once in a while.

I've forgotten what it's like.

so far, I've enjoyed the last two Cap movies. I like the Cap movies and Thor movies better than the IM ones.

Well winter soldier was a great movie and prob one of my fav marvel ones. Just Widow is a character im growing a bit tired of and wish they would maybe reduce her involvement a bit especially after that dissapointing plot in The last avengers movie.

Just think... all this was possible with the release of the original Iron Man, 8 years ago today.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back