Captain America: Civil War

Black Panther looks awesome! Starks new armor looks cool I guess. So does Crossbones.

Caps team is still a hugely resounding "Meh" for me but at least they will get some good action it seems.

Still a resounding "meh" that team is for me. Agent 13 also feels completely shoe horned into it. Like some team balancing crap.. If this team has a female, this other team definitely needs a female! ..... No it doesn't.

If they even loosely follow any comic story, then Agent 13 will be integral to the story...'specially the ending.

EDIT-

So this thread got me in a Cap mood lest night, so I had a viewing of WS. After I posted what I did, the last few minutes of that movie really hit me over the head with what I think they're planning.

Don't want to upset anyone, but would speculation based on the comics be considered spoilery territory, or no?

Last edited:
image.jpeg New Ant-Man concept

I think Agents of SHIELD is actually laying the groundwork for some of what we'll see in Civil War. That and the Inhumans storyline. Basically, I think it'll be a mix of several concepts that have floated around the Marvel comics universe for decades, like the Mutant Registration Act and the Superhero Registration Act. The team that's opposing Coulson (sort of) is already the first step in that process.

I dig the minor updates to Ant-Man's costume, looks more modern than the Cold War era suit from the last movie. The only thing I wished they'd do was add a bit more detail to the new helmet to break up all that silver.

And here's a better look at the new War Machine, also looks like it confirms the early report that he can use one of his shoulder cannons as a melee weapon.

jXoBClrnjuo.jpg

Shoulder cannon as melee weapon? Isn't that a serious oxymoron unless he's removing the cannon from his shoulder and literally using it as a melee weapon by swinging it around and hitting people with it instead of shooting it.

Shoulder cannon as melee weapon? Isn't that a serious oxymoron unless he's removing the cannon from his shoulder and literally using it as a melee weapon by swinging it around and hitting people with it instead of shooting it.

That was the rumor, maybe Rhodey has some zombie heads to smash in? I dunno, I don't design the characters for this film. All that was reported was he can remove one of his cannons and use it as a melee weapon.

In case there was still any speculation, James Gunn seems to have confirmed here that the conflict is indeed over a superhero registration.

Is it safe to assume Stark and Rhodey will be fighting on the same side in the Civil War?
It would be kind of dumb if not considering Stark makes Rhodey's armor and could probably hack it pretty easily.
I would expect Rhodey to be on the side of hero registration since he's such a government tool... Stark doesn't make much sense though.

Is it safe to assume Stark and Rhodey will be fighting on the same side in the Civil War?
It would be kind of dumb if not considering Stark makes Rhodey's armor and could probably hack it pretty easily.
I would expect Rhodey to be on the side of hero registration since he's such a government tool... Stark doesn't make much sense though.

Tony is probably feeling super guilty, not only for Ultron but for the part his clean energy framework and Stark tower played in the Chitauri invasion. Sure in the past he was Mr. Free and loose, but he's nearly ended the world, so he's attempting to absolve himself by getting in front of the issue and pushing for registration of powered beings. Add extreme narcissism to that guilt and you've got the perfect storm for him to help develop some initiative that not only makes up for his past but in a way puts "peace" in his hands as his name would surely be in the campaign for registration.

I think Stark's issue doesn't have to be about being a government tool. I can imagine a government agency inviting Stark to oversee a program to optimize superheroes as a defensive asset against extraterrestrial/transdimensional threats. Alternatively I can see this more being about Stark's interest simply to bring in The Winter Soldier (who may have killed his father).

I'm confused. Sam Wilson not on the govt side when he's in the military just like Rhodes? I know he's friends with Cap but what about his commitment to his service?

I'm confused. Sam Wilson not on the govt side when he's in the military just like Rhodes? I know he's friends with Cap but what about his commitment to his service?
Unlike Rhodes, Wilson is not active duty. He's retired and works at VA.
And, after hanging out with Steve, especially after The Winter Soldier, his ideologies are more aligned with Cap than anything.

Last edited:
getting in front of the issue and pushing for registration of powered beings.

This is kind of like registering and regulating guns though... it serves no purpose. People who are going to stick to the rules aren't going to abuse what they have and criminals don't register themselves or do anything by the rules. And how does having "enhanced" in some sort of government database do anything for curbing an alien invasion?
Stark isn't a superhuman, but like you said... he was a major part of two near catastrophic/extinction events. Where do you draw the line for registration? Anyone above a certain IQ with lots of money?

I think Stark's issue doesn't have to be about being a government tool. I can imagine a government agency inviting Stark to oversee a program to optimize superheroes as a defensive asset against extraterrestrial/transdimensional threats. Alternatively I can see this more being about Stark's interest simply to bring in The Winter Soldier (who may have killed his father).

And that's the whole reason this story was so great. So supers have to register themselves... for what reason? To be basically be drafted for a war they may not want any part of? To be used for their specific abilities in some shady covert government missions?

Then you have Tony, who in some way or another is still self-serving and out to satisfy his own ego. Because that's the type of personality we need orchestrating the actions of all the supers that do register.

Unlike Rhodes, Wilson is not active duty. He's retired and works at VA.
And, after hanging out with Steve, especially after The Winter Soldier, his ideologies are more aligned with Cap than anything.

This. Plus, Sam is friends with Cap because despite the fact that they fought in different wars, he can relate to having been in the ***** and the difficulty with integrating back into civilian life and society having seen the horrors that they and others are capable of for the "patriotism". I really like what they've done with Sam Wilson's character in these movies.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back