Oblivion Jack Harper's RIFLE - Build Thread (Also Pic Heavy!)

Well I think whether Bushmaster or generic AR15, the buffer tube would not let the enclosed stock fold in that manner.

Think the bushmaster does have a folding stock. This build was based off an airsoft magpul masada which is accurate to the real rifle.

Jim

I think you guys are confusing each other.

Bushmaster makes both the AR-15 and the ACR. This kit would probably fit the ACR as is, no problem. But the shell would have to be modified if you wanted it to fit an AR-15 platform rifle.

Hmm, I guess I just assumed there was a 4. The 5 might be too light. Here is a pretty good reference shot in what I assume is natural sunlight, but of course there are digital filters and contrast to consider:

20140210_224312.jpg

I've had the pleasure of handling one of the stunt versions of these rifles, and on those the lower grey was actually pretty light, Truthfully I actually really dig the difference in your finish and think in some ways it was an improvement on the rubber stunt I handled. I guess without trying both sprays I wouldn't know. :)

Mate, you must be very busy working on another amazing project as we speak but if you don't mind me asking, could you let me know how u install the torsion spring for the magazine catch? Cheers!

Mate, you must be very busy working on another amazing project as we speak but if you don't mind me asking, could you let me know how u install the torsion spring for the magazine catch? Cheers!

I think the spring for the mag catch was already installed on mine when I received it from Mal. Sorry I can't be of more help with this.

I have a few sets of the black decals left, but no more of the white. If anyone is still interested, I'm letting these go along with a copy of the pdf print file. Send me a PM for details.

20160226_124614.jpg

Wow sorry for the long long wait on the these reference photos, I've been on a gig that hasn't allowed me to visit the Universal Prop house in forever. let me know what kinds of shots you guys need. I'm not technically supossed to take pictures so I was trying to be low key or else I would have shot it with a ruler for scale.
IMG_7899_zpsjfgbdhpu.jpg
IMG_7898_zpsw9btx4wt.jpg
IMG_7897_zpskghsjfip.jpg
IMG_7900_zps3kl3nt6v.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting those! I was so close on the one decal. I couldn't quite read it until now. I had "ENERGY OBJ" when it should read "ENERGY 0.4J"

The prop rifle is a lot lighter in the dark grey used. Pics r really handy. Any chance of some from the other side. Cant believe its just sitting there amongst plastic beads...wonder if they have some of the custom made cabinets. They were very cool. Sorry for goin off topic Soulinertia

they do have some other stuff in better displays like Jet Lee's Dragon Emperor costumes, the revolvers from RIPD, and other movies, but the others are just simple displays. The displays are more for the tours that they bring through there, and since they are displayed props we can not rent them. I will see if I can get over there this week to get some other shots. Its harder to get over there since I build sets more now rather than dress them. and I don't find myself over there for work that much anymore. I will try and make a thread with all props I can get shots of there incase anyone is looking for references.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back