Batman : Arkham Knight

Still stuck, I was hoping sooner or later it would just let me off having to face him, like one of the riddler tasks when I bungled it so many times he just let me off.

This just sucks all the fun out of the game constantly restarting with the tank already facing me.

I like the game, but some of the predicability is really lame. For instance without spoiling:1) where the toxin is being produced. 2) who the Arkham Knight is. Still an awesome game so far though.

If you are a Joker fan ...
You might want to hold off on the main quest, as eventually Bruce finds a way of locking the Joker up in his mind forever, and I kind of miss him popping up all the time now I am just doing side missions. Also the worldwide revelation on live tv that Batman is Bruce Wayne does effect the dialogue interaction with everyone from major villians to henchmen from that point onwards.

Spoilers for end of game.

In regards to your spoiler.... WHY WOULD HE DO THAT?

Spoiler answer:
The Joker echo in Batman's mind is threatening to over the body and go on a killing spree; one person who was infected with Joker's blood and fancied himself the replacement Joker saw what was going on in Batman's eyes and offed himself because Batman was going to be so much more than he could ever be once Joker took control. Imagine the Joker but with Batman's skill set. It's utterly terrifying.

Finally managed to download the game and finish the main story, it was pretty good, lots of references to the Batman lore and pretty wicked sometimes. But I was also a bit disappointed by the identity of the Arkham Knight, Rocksteady said it would be an original character, created for the game, and well it wasn't really. Plus how the hell did he find the money to finance all these men and drones ? Anyway, I'm trying to finish the game at 100%, but there are a few firemen, bombs and these laser detectors that still elude me.

Took me several hours of trying to finish the Riddler's last race.

Not sure how much fun the riddler puzzles are going to be this time.

Finally managed to download the game and finish the main story, it was pretty good, lots of references to the Batman lore and pretty wicked sometimes. But I was also a bit disappointed by the identity of the Arkham Knight, Rocksteady said it would be an original character, created for the game, and well it wasn't really. Plus how the hell did he find the money to finance all these men and drones ? Anyway, I'm trying to finish the game at 100%, but there are a few firemen, bombs and these laser detectors that still elude me.
Well the Arkham Knight persona is technically new. WB also misrepresented the size of the roles for Black Mask and Joker in Arkham Origins so this isn't exactly something new. Anyone with a passing familiarity of the comics knew right away who he was, and if the blatant foreshadowing for the uninitiated halfway through the game didn't give it away the voice acting should have.On the other hand they did keep one whopper of a secret regarding
Mark Hamill being back as Joker. I was so angry after Origins with the twist of Joker really being the big bad that I was hoping that he wouldn't be in this game at all. The way they've handled his presence in the game feels right; they're getting all the mileage they can out of what Joker's death did to the city and Batman and the terrible legacy he leaves behind even after he's dead. I'm so glad that the marketing didn't hint at him being in here at all, it made for a welcome surprise.

True, yes, the Arkham Knight persona was indeed new, but he was nothing more than a heavily militarised
Red Hood with a massive grudge
, So yeah, the marketing tricked me. But it was good none the less, I just wished there was some hand to hand boss fight with him too, not just the predator fight.

These Riddler races are getting on my nerves though, I liked it better when the Riddler was limited to trophies and riddles to scan.

I have now finished everything but the riddler puzzles, not sure I am willing to put all that effort in just to get to that last Riddler fight.

Microsoft was having a great deal on XbOne Masterchief bundle + AC:Unity and a free game of choice, so... Arkham Knight here I come! Really wasn't planning to get a new console anytime soon but it was too good to pass up for me.

I played this game for about two hours and then traded it in, not my cup of tea and nothing I haven't seen or played before. On the up side the graphics were nice.

Couldn't be bothered with collecting all the riddler trophies, so started on game+, which essentially restarts the game, but with all your previous unlocks still as they were, so all your batsuit upgrades are still in play.

Also there is a slight change in the Joker cremation sequence, I won't say more, but its probably best you aren't having a hot drink while its on.

Kevin Conroy's already been confirmed (and sorta spilled the beans a year or two ago on twitter anyway).

I'm kind of disappointed that it's Tara Strong again as Harley, I don't like her take on the character nearly as much as Arleen Sorkin but that may be the B:TAS fan in me. Batmobile is drivable and will be required for some Riddler challenges. Penguin, Scarecrow, Two-Face, Harley, and Hush are confirmed villains, along with the titular "Arkham Knight."

Also, no multiplayer. I don't know if it's a dig at WB Montreal, but Rocksteady is saying they're too busy focusing on making the best single player experience they can to bother with multiplayer. That was enough for me to preorder this :)
I agree with you about Tara Strong. I think they should have stuck with her to be the voice of Barbra Gordon, but as you said this might be bias because I thought she did an excellent job in B:TAS.

Really not sure about Harley in this one, her character design is great but her facial animations and voice aren't doing it for me. I thought we might get a more serious Jokerless Harley with less of the squeak but alas we did not.

Never cared for Tara Strong replacing Arleen Sorkin as Harley, but this has been the least objectionable installment of Tara Strong as Harley for me. It was painful in Arkham City.

Never cared for Tara Strong replacing Arleen Sorkin as Harley, but this has been the least objectionable installment of Tara Strong as Harley for me. It was painful in Arkham City.

Yeah I think it's hard to erase the original from peoples memories, but a new definitive Harley could be nice if someone came along and made it their own. It'll be interesting to hear Margot Robbie's take on her. I think my biggest issue with AK is the disconnect with her face and animation, looks a little stiff to me.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back