D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

I know it's just the pilot so far, but out of all the network comic book shows on the air, this one seems the strongest. Not sure why there were some internet rumblings that the pilot was awful before it aired, I thought it was solid. While it's still CW silly with some eye rollers and Grant Gustin's weak acting chops is painfully obvious at times, the show didn't waste any time getting the titular character going and unlike Arrow, this show feels like it knows exactly what it should be, which in itself is pretty impressive for a pilot. Definitely a less painful show to watch than Arrow IMO.

Flash's costume does need an upgrade though. The cowl is fine but the suit itself needs some work.

I've only seen the leaked pilot...this isn't screening in the UK for another couple of weeks. But I agree, the costume isn't brilliant. But the newspaper article from the future has a picture of the comic style costume (including the white chest logo) - but that Reverse Flash costume is awesome!

I've only seen the leaked pilot...this isn't screening in the UK for another couple of weeks. But I agree, the costume isn't brilliant. But the newspaper article from the future has a picture of the comic style costume (including the white chest logo) - but that Reverse Flash costume is awesome!

Nice catch on that! You're right, the costume he's wearing in that picture is different than the one he currently has. Granted, I would expect his costume to vary somewhat over 10 years, but I am impressed that they would foreshadow that as early as the pilot.

I loved all of the Easter Eggs. Grodd, Ferris Airfield, Wayne Tech/Queen Ind. Merger (On future newspaper). Could it set up a potential Green Lantern appearance? I doubt we would see Batman.

I loved the pilot, and can't wait to see town at the season will bring. I'm very excited for Captain Cold and Reverse Flash, can't believe we are getting him so early. Was thinking about the ending with the newspaper Wells looked at from the future. And maybe its been brought up before but I just realized: Harrison Wells, H. Wells, which leads me to H. G. Wells author of The Time Machine. Have we had a hint about him all along?

What got me thinking is who is Harrison Wells really. cause with that paper my thoughts are hes either Zoom or possible Wally West (and I know that one is really farfetched)

Well unless they deviate from the comics he's not Zoom. As much as the Wally West fans won't shut up about Barry being the "main Flash" again and then Wally not even being in the New 52 I think it'd be utter suicide to make Wells be Iris' nephew.

I'm betting on he's either in cahoots with Zoom or he's from a parallel Earth. The newspaper references Crisis on Infinite Earths, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect us to see a visit to other Earths at some point.

I'm gonna go with Reverse-Flash being the bloke Barry runs into on his way to the first crime scene. I've got no tangible evidence for that...but I'm going with it anyway.

Last season on Arrow they were establishing a relationship between Felicity and Wally....they even visited each other in their respective cities. Totally dropped like it never happened this season in both shows.

"This is the part where I WOULD say my name is Barry Allen, and I'm the fastest man alive..."

...except that you DID just say that, because they tacked on the generic open without regard to what the narration after it said. :lol

After watching last nights episode--just a quick nitpick, just for the hell of it (not really complaining, I'm more than willing to suspend disbelief, just something I thought of)--

If you were standing still and all of a sudden Flash grabs you at 300 some-odd miles an hour and immediately moves you fifty feet or so, wouldn't your body be turned to mush? How is it any different than being hit by a speeding car or something?

After watching last nights episode--just a quick nitpick, just for the hell of it (not really complaining, I'm more than willing to suspend disbelief, just something I thought of)--

If you were standing still and all of a sudden Flash grabs you at 300 some-odd miles an hour and immediately moves you fifty feet or so, wouldn't your body be turned to mush? How is it any different than being hit by a speeding car or something?

Probably similar to how the Flash can still breathe without assistance at that speed. I'm not a reader of DC comics, but I've read enough comics in general to be comfortable weighing in here: my thought is that in addition to the ability to run really,really fast and heal faster than normal, much like Superman, the Flash actually exudes a minor force field from his body that keeps his skin from being flayed (or that spiffy costume being worn away) by friction burns and probably extends to what/whoever he's moving with him.

Probably similar to how the Flash can still breathe without assistance at that speed. I'm not a reader of DC comics, but I've read enough comics in general to be comfortable weighing in here: my thought is that in addition to the ability to run really,really fast and heal faster than normal, much like Superman, the Flash actually exudes a minor force field from his body that keeps his skin from being flayed (or that spiffy costume being worn away) by friction burns and probably extends to what/whoever he's moving with him.
Well his costume is suppose to be fire-proof as explained in episode 1. His minor force field didn't helped when he burned his jacket but that was from a long run as he headed towards Starling City. I gather when he picks up people at 300mph, at least he does it at short distance to drop them off and he's picking up them up, not hitting them with steel hands like a car crash plus his minor force field is probably protecting them from gforce.

one thing I don't like how DC is handling things is the universe building. now it seems forced. they should let Flash stand on his own for a season or two and THEN bring in Green Arrow characters for event shows.

I still feel like DC got caught with it's pants down by Marvel, and is now scrambling to play catchup with narry a thought or gameplan to it all.....

So far though, I'm still enjoying flash...even though it seems they might have killed off mirror master. I didn't care for the whole 'depressed' angle to it. I think the best rep of the Flash Villains is in Justice League, where they are all sitting in a bar and lamenting the fact that flash isnt' bothering to stop them anymore..and actually become happy when he does show up.... (I think that's how it went, but that was a fun villain idea...they LIKE battling the hero and actually get depressed when he's not around)...

Couldn't disagree more. Firstly its WB not DC, and they are handling Arrow and Flash fantastically. Barry was introduced in Season 2 of Arrow, and with the side conversations and allusions to the Flash in THAT show, it was only a matter of time that Felicity showed up. It was even talked about how she kept up on details.

The DC comic movies have NOTHING down or playing catch up. They are different beasts and to compare them in this way isn't fair. In fact if you really look at it, its Marvel always trying to catch up on TV.

Mirror Master hasn't been in the show yet...Unless you mean Multiplex...and I ain't buying that one yet. And who is depressed? We had a couple out for revenge and now one who is excited about upping his game to fight a Superhero?

one thing I don't like how DC is handling things is the universe building. now it seems forced. they should let Flash stand on his own for a season or two and THEN bring in Green Arrow characters for event shows.

I still feel like DC got caught with it's pants down by Marvel, and is now scrambling to play catchup with narry a thought or gameplan to it all.....

So far though, I'm still enjoying flash...even though it seems they might have killed off mirror master. I didn't care for the whole 'depressed' angle to it. I think the best rep of the Flash Villains is in Justice League, where they are all sitting in a bar and lamenting the fact that flash isnt' bothering to stop them anymore..and actually become happy when he does show up.... (I think that's how it went, but that was a fun villain idea...they LIKE battling the hero and actually get depressed when he's not around)...

You talking about this scene?

Last edited by a moderator:
yep ;o). Now that's a fun third rate villain ;o). and maybe it's just me, but I think that's a far more interesting angle than some poor guy who lost his wife due to a funding cut (we've seen that before with Mr.freeze)

oh, and Ahh. I had no idea that was a totally different villain. I thought that was an updated take on mirror master.... see, while I enjoy flash, i'm not as up on flash lore as I am on superman or batman...so most of this stuff outside the basics is new :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back