D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

well done CW. entertaining and fun. and not a bit of brooding to the point of smallville (I still want those ten years wasted on that show back).

scary thing is, the paper could very well be the series finale if it lasts ten years..

I agree, NeilT. The pilot episode did a really nice job of introducing us to the important people, setting the overall tone of the series, and introducing an season story arc while still making an episode that had a beginning, middle, and end. I think the show is going to do well.

I really enjoyed the pilot and am looking forward to seeing where things are going. As a Marvel girl, I'm sure I missed a LOT of easter eggs, but I totally giggled out loud when I saw the broken cage. :D

They've managed to make Captain Cold look rather cool.

wenworth1.png
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/10/08/the-flash-first-photos-of-wentworth-miller-as-captain-cold

Well, somehow I doubt they were going for the arctic jacket with hoodie lined in fur look. It's a low bar to set.

Haven't seen the pilot yet, but will catch it on Hulu later this week.

I'm gonna set this one out. I wish everyone on this show was cast about 5 or 6 years older. Too 'teen-beat' for my liking, but that's what you're gonna get with CW.

-Rylo

Decent first episode. I liked seeing the Vancouver locales. Didn't realize they were filming the show there. Saw the Sky Train, BC Place stadium, plus other landmarks.

I'm gonna set this one out. I wish everyone on this show was cast about 5 or 6 years older. Too 'teen-beat' for my liking, but that's what you're gonna get with CW.

-Rylo

seems to be the trend. look at nicks new tmnt series. everyone but splinter and shredder a kid.

*Starts countdown until someone here starts making the gun/goggles*

-Rylo

This. Arrow is the CW's most watched program right now, despite that it has a predominantly adult (looking) cast and has made efforts to veer away from the soap opera style romance story lines for which the CW is infamous. I think they could have cast Barry, Iris, Caitlin Snow, and Cisco Ramon all a little bit older (or at least made efforts to make them look older) and done the show a favor rather than a disservice. That said, it looks like Barry's story might be one of becoming his own man, in addition to becoming a hero, in which case a young cast makes sense.

-Rylo

Unfortunately, these shows always target the same audience and are cast with actors that reflect that audience. We all keep getting older. The majority of actors on CW shows are always going to be early 20s/30 tops.

That being said, I enjoyed the premiere (41 years young here). Enjoy the fact that this show isn't all dark and gritty like most DC Superheroes seem to be in television/cinema. I try to give all these hero shows a chance. I understand some fans are critical because the market is flooded with shows/movies now. I'll take a little over-saturation to the alternative of like when I was a kid any day.

Actually really impressed by this. Loved the easter eggs, and really was happy with the speech about being a figure of hope for people. Especially considering he was the blue lantern deputy in Blackest Night. They did some homework with this one

Well the pilot was co-written by Geoff Johns, who would know a thing or two about the Flash. I hope he's involved to some degree with the show going forward, but he's probably busy as hell being DC's creative director or whatever his job is on top of the half dozen titles he authors each month.

The future newspaper was fun to freeze frame. More traditional costume, referencing Crisis on Infinite Earths and Final Crisis. Curious to see how long the reveal on
Eddie
will take.

Overall I enjoyed the Pilot. To start, I am a fan of every DC show. Smallville was my favorite show all 10 years, yes I know not everyone's cup of tea but its very close to my heart. Also, im a huge fan of Arrow, so coming into The flash I was really excited.

Love the style and tone of the show. Something that was slightly turning me off on Arrow was the Nolanized darkness of everything but flash has a breathe of fresh air, I liked the bits of comedy thrown in. Grants really good too, I was pleasantly surprised by the heartfelt stuff. I think hes going to mature into his character very well. Suit looked good as well! I wonder how long till Cosplay replicas are all over, anyone working on anything?

My only nitpick with the show is it kind of seemed they bit off a little more than they could chew. The villain was shoehorned in and was weak, even though the final battle scene was pretty darn cool. Im looking forward to seeing whats to come, ill be tuning in.

I enjoyed seeing John Wesley Shipp as the father... I remember being a big fan of his Flash back in the day (let's bring back Mark Hamill in colorful spandex!)

tumblr_m5h8y39sVx1r03vo2o1_1280-436x550.jpg

But I found so much of it cliche and eye rolling. I HATE obvious dialogue like hims as a kid saying"...I guess I wasn't FAST enough"... he may as well have turned to the camera and winked.

It also looks like they're using that explosion like Kryptonite in Smallville... monster of the week style.

With a lot of shows on my plate to catch up on, I'll probably skip this entirely.

*also, if I was hit by a car doing 30 mph, I would probably rather just hit the ground than be grabbed and pulled out of the way by another object moving 200 mph.

Overlooking the unfortunate timing of that shot, I don't see what's wrong with the Reverse Flash costume. All of the hero costumes of the CW have been a darker hue than their comic book counterparts. Part of that is probably because the jewel tone colors inherent in most comic books are quite bright on film. Yellow in particular, being a "hot" color, picks up and reflects light really well, which means a full yellow suit would not look good in bright light (like in the photo) without compromising your camera settings. With this costume, they had a choice:
-keep the yellow and just darken it, which would have probably resulted in a pee colored suit,
-pick a darker shade of yellow, but that would not have solved the problem by much, or
-(the one they went with) blend the costume with black, which will counter the bright yellow when filmed.

To see how that last one works, you can point most camera phones toward an object that has both bright and dark colors, and then tap the different areas with your finger, telling the camera which is the object that you are directly trying to capture. The camera will adjust the exposure based on how bright the object happens to be.

My opinion: I think the costume looks good. I'm glad they decided to keep the true yellow and just diffuse it with the black.

To me it just looks like he's ran through a muddy puddle. Saying that I'd have no idea on how to design a better one.

Didn't hate it. A bit tired, though, of the "promise me you won't tell her" thing. Clark/Lana all over again.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back