D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

Something that's been niggling since the beginning, and got thrown into sharp relief by the return of Mark Hamill's Trickster... I like how actors from the original (and brief) Flash series of 1990-91 have come back to reprise their roles. But Shipp hasn't. He's still an Allen, but not Barry this time round. But then the Trickster (the real one, not his apprentice) is back, played by the same actor, having been in prison for a good couple decades. He was caught by Shipp's Barry Allen back then. So what the heck? On the one hand, I applaud their continuity on this show. On the other, that one glaring bit of non-continuity makes my head hurt. Did they just retcon the previous Flash out of Jesse's capture? Or do we want to start working up some convoluted way in which Henry Allen is actually Barry from the future gone back in time to be his own dad? *chuckle* Since they're playing fast and loose with impossible time-travel shenanigans already...

--Jonah

I don't believe the new series and the old series are supposed to be connected. They brought back the Trickster as an homage to the old series the same way they cast Shipp.

There "just happens" to be a villain named the Trickster in this new series. And he wasn't caught by the Flash the first time around, but by the police dept.

Something that's been niggling since the beginning, and got thrown into sharp relief by the return of Mark Hamill's Trickster... I like how actors from the original (and brief) Flash series of 1990-91 have come back to reprise their roles. But Shipp hasn't. He's still an Allen, but not Barry this time round. But then the Trickster (the real one, not his apprentice) is back, played by the same actor, having been in prison for a good couple decades. He was caught by Shipp's Barry Allen back then. So what the heck? On the one hand, I applaud their continuity on this show. On the other, that one glaring bit of non-continuity makes my head hurt. Did they just retcon the previous Flash out of Jesse's capture? Or do we want to start working up some convoluted way in which Henry Allen is actually Barry from the future gone back in time to be his own dad? *chuckle* Since they're playing fast and loose with impossible time-travel shenanigans already...

--Jonah

There is no continuity between the shows at all. Shipp just so happened to be cast as Barry's father, it was a sly wink at the audience who had seen the 1990 Flash. The same thing with Trickster. It doesn't mean anything at all, other than that "wouldn't it be cool if we dropped some Easter eggs into the series?"

- - - Updated - - -

Might have to go back and check that out!

Mark Hamill will also return for the season 2 mid-season finale, it's been announced.

Did anyone pick up on the Scanners reference?

When Patty Spivot asks Barry if there's a meta human that can explode people's heads... the guy who blew up the guy's head was Louis Snart played by Michael Ironside... Who was the guy who could makes people's heads explode... in Scanners.

IMDb beat me to it but I did actually make the connection all on my own. :)

My father mentioned that to me as well while we were watching haha

Enjoying the new season. Except, as before, Snart's one-note smarmy reading of every single line he has.
For the first few episodes I thought he must be the worst actor on the planet. But when I realized Wentworth Miller was actually doing it on purpose, Capt. Cold slowly grew on me. The 'smarmyness' actually has a kind of charm to it and now he's one of my favorite characters!
Weird how that works sometimes:lol

Last edited by a moderator:
just started watching this show on Netflix and I have a question. in the first season maybe 4 or 5 episodes in, the flash was going around just doing nice things for people( one example he dropped off flowers at an old couples table which made the old lady happy thinking the old man did it as a surprise) anyway there was a young couple all grouchy looking ignoring each other face deep in there cell phone and the flash wizzes past and you hear like a quick buzzing and they both look up all satisfied and warm feeling .

did he quickly masturbate both people ??? or what the hell was that supposed to be ???????

and after wells was reveled to everyone as the man in yellow in the first season and leaves literally goes underground , why did the team not worry about who was paying the bills at s.t.a.r. labs after that ? they constantly have crazy things in the show like that . why couldn't they use a magnet against the dude who turned to metal in like the 3rd episode I love how mark Hamill as the trickster said "that's not very sanitary" after the flash injected like 50 people with the same needle to give them an antidote . wow thanks flash im gonna live a little longer but now I got aids and hep c.lol

Last edited:
http://screenrant.com/flash-season-2-caitlin-snow-killer-frost/

The Flash: New Look at Caitlin Snow as Killer Frost

The-Flash-New-Killer-Frost-Photo.jpg

By Molly Freeman

In its first season, and so far in its second season as well, The Flash has adapted a number of iconic villains to the small screen, including Reverse-Flash, Captain Cold, Gorilla Grodd and now Zoom. Plenty of others from the comic mythos have appeared on the series, some acting as one-off villains like the recent Sand Demon, while certain characters like Mark Hamill’s The Trickster are set to return.

However, one villain that some viewers are eagerly awaiting the appearance of is Killer Frost, who fans suspected would eventually appear when Danielle Panabaker was cast as her alter-ego, Caitlin Snow. Although viewers got a glimpse of Killer Frost in the season 1 finale, it remains to be seen when she’ll make a second appearance. Now, a clearer photo of Panabaker suited up as the villain has been released.

While appearing on CBS’ The Talk (h/t to CBM), Panabaker spoke about her role as Caitlin on The Flash, struggling with the pronunciation of technical terms for her character’s more difficult lines and the development of the Killer Frost outfit:

“I’m such a girl and I love getting dressed up in that look. We changed; we started working on the look a couple months before it actually shot, so our first suit was a one piece, kind of like Catwoman’s. Very sexy. But it didn’t feel quite right, so then we changed it to be like a top and these really cool leather pants. The hair was awesome. It started actually as a short little pixie wig and we just kept adding more and more hair, as you do. It’s great. I’m really excited.”

The suit and wig that Panabaker describes sound similar to the design of the character from DC’s New 52, specifically the character’s appearance in Justice League of America. Many of the character designs on The Flash have come from the New 52, so this falls in line with the show’s past adaptations of characters. Still, the final costume seems to have plenty of references to the comic character. Take a look:

The-Flash-New-Photo-Killer-Frost-Danielle-Panabaker.jpg

The photo appears to be a clearer still from the scene Panabaker shot for The Flash season 1 finale, rather than a confirmation that Killer Frost will soon be returning for season 2. On the topic of when the villain will return, Panabaker has remained vague in the past, saying she wants it to happen but it’s up to the writers.

On The Talk, the actress was asked if she enjoyed playing the “bad girl” Killer Frost, but managed to avoid specifying when or if she’d be suiting up again soon: “I can’t wait! I get so jealous; all the boys get to go out there and duke it out. I want to suit up with those boys.” While Panabaker’s comments don’t indicate when Caitlin’s turn to villainy will appear on The Flash – whether in season 2 or further down the line – they do confirm that it’s a character arc the writers have committed to eventually pursuing.

The-Flash-Finale-Killer-Frost-Future.jpg

Of course, with the Killer Frost tease in the season 1 finale, it was already suggested that The Flash would delve into how Caitlin becomes a villain. However, given the introduction of the multiverse and Earth 2, it’s possible the writers could find a way to introduce the character’s evil alter-ego sooner.

The first few episodes of season 2 have started diving into Cisco’s (Carlos Valdes) newly realized powers, but the route the show is taking to develop the character into DC Comics hero Vibe indicate it will be a slower process. As such, it stands to reason The Flash will take a similarly slow and careful character progression from Caitlin Snow to Killer Frost – at least, the fans can hope so.

The Flash airs Tuesdays at 8/7c on The CW.

I like it!

I dunno.. I don't think this season got off to a good start.

there was no reason to kill off ronnie....he wasn't that important a character, but it kind of made his search and rescue in season one pointless if you kill him off so soon.

Anyone wanna bet that irisis mother might be Vixen(lady that can use power of animals)? The 'I'm different now' line has me wondering.

the episode I enjoyed was the Snart episode. the flash villains are so goofily loveable in some of the animated series, that it's not that hard to imagine them as good guys, or anti heros.

hopefully season 2 picks up a little... not enjoying it as much as season one. but still good.

Thoroughly impressed by tonight's CGI! Last season was just......Grodd awful.

Yes. I did just do that. No. I'm not sorry. :lol

Definitely digging you know who being back so quickly. My absolute favorite character of last season. :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back