D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

I thought it was one of the best episodes of any show ever - UNTIL the time travel at the end. Pretty much guarantees all the 'major' things that happened will be undone. I'd hate to see the death, but it would've been a massively bold thing to do. Most of the things there I was like "I can't believe they're doing this, especially now" and at the end it was "I guess they're not".
I'm going to be very disappointed if they do a full reset button on this. I was really impressed with their shaking up the status quo of the show before they got into a rut (the "Lana/Lois/MJ/Aunt May/Iris must not find out" thing is so worn out), and now you have me thinking, yeah, they probably want to milk the current dynamic another season or 9.

Barry is the only person with knowledge of the future, excepet for Wells of course, and he didn't interact with Oliver and no one in Starling City should have knowledge to alter the timeline....so the changes may only be localized to Barry or his "local area" since he is the source of change.

Perhaps the earlier Barry disappeared when future Barry arrived since the same matter can't occupy the same space time? In effect you are creating matter without a loss of energy. But if that is it then why didn't future Flash take the place of Barry as a child? Guess if he doesn't slow down the matter transfer/replacement doesn't take place.

That's an interesting theory, as long as he's running, he's just passing through time but as soon as he stops, he takes the place of the current barry. I like it, but what happens to the current barry if goes back to the future afterwards ?
I really thought Wells was still going to kill Cisco when he brought him downstairs again, but I'm glad he didn't and I liked how his speech mirrored the one from the previous timeline.

Guess that is why Wells is looking at the future news that the Flash disappeared. Barry is still future Flash and his matter still exists in the universe. As matter, he has neither been created nor destroyed just gone until the moment he returns to the future.

If going really fast puts him back in time what puts him forward. Running backwards, runnning the opposite direction,... changing the rotation of the Earth.

Or perhaps, future Flash has a device that keeps him in 'Temporal Flux', to protect his past self from being replaced but that still leaves how does he get back to the future.

Fun episode. I also thought Cisco was in trouble when Wells brought him down to trap chamber. My eyes went wide and I almost said aloud, "But he has no motivation this time! No no no!" I'm glad my impulse was wrong.

I think Wentworth Miller is doing a great job as Cold. For only a few episodes, he's done a great job making the character super specific.

Next week's episode thought... CAN'T. WAIT!

I am thinking that time travel to the future is impossible. The reason future flash is gone is due to him reverting to child Barry. But child / current Barry was so screwed up by his mom's death and dad's imprisonment that he could not fathom what happened.

Maybe Wells traveled back in time to kill Barry because he believes that Barry is responsible for the death of his wife in the future, but he got stuck because travel to the future is impossible. Wells stays the same age as future self since Wells has not been born yet.

The only thing that throws me off is that damn computer that knows the future which in my theory would not exist yet.

He either brought it back from the future when he came, or perhaps has some way to link it to the future since it has constant knowledge of how present events are affecting the future. The future of Eobard Thawne does exist, otherwise there's no way he could have come back in time.

Aren't we all taking about the paradox from HG Wells "The Time Machine" the girl had to die or the machine wouldn't have been built....

Barry's mom has to die just like the Punisher's family had too or he doesn't become the Hero that he needs to be.
And Wells needs to build the device that makes the Flash in the first place.

Kind of the "what has to happened, will happen, because it needs to happen."

I'm not getting how the woman calling for a taxi is a big reveal. Did she do it at the beginning of the previous episode?

I really thought Wells was still going to kill Cisco when he brought him downstairs again, but I'm glad he didn't and I liked how his speech mirrored the one from the previous timeline.
Interesting how it proves his statement about situations affecting conscious recognition of feelings/intentions...without him even knowing it does. Still, Cisco is still going to be curious about the failure of the thingamajig and will probably want to secretly test it "again".

I love how Cisco is able to rebuild two high tech weapons from scratch AND invent and construct a new one by early afternoon, all with the raw materials available in a ritzy villa. McGuyver's got nothin' on Cisco! :lol

Last edited:
I'm not getting how the woman calling for a taxi is a big reveal. Did she do it at the beginning of the previous episode?

When barry stopped in the last episode after seeing the other barry traveling through time, that lady was there trying to get a cab. So yeah, just to start some ground hog day.

Aren't we all taking about the paradox from HG Wells "The Time Machine" the girl had to die or the machine wouldn't have been built....

Barry's mom has to die just like the Punisher's family had too or he doesn't become the Hero that he needs to be.
And Wells needs to build the device that makes the Flash in the first place.

Kind of the "what has to happened, will happen, because it needs to happen."

That's exactly what Flashpoint was, Barry went back in time to save his mother, but in so doing, essentially destroyed the world he loved. He never became the Flash. Bruce Wayne died and his father became a very unsuccessful Batman, etc. Eventually, Barry had to go back and ensure his mother did die so that the intricate chain of events that led to the then DCU would occur. Of course, the same thing will have to happen here, they've built the entire story around Flashpoint from the very first episode, that's why I don't know how they can not have the storyline affect other series like Arrow and Rogues, assuming it's going by the time this story comes to a head.

It's easy how the have it not affect the other shows. At some point Barry will fix Flashpoint back to how things are supposed to be, and the other shows just go on without ever doing their Flashpoint episodes because when the timeline is reset nothing will be different from their perspectives. Obviously they would be affected by Flashpoint, but that doesn't mean that they would have to do episodes showing that.

That's not to say they wouldn't do Flashpoint episodes if/when the time comes, they'd be silly not to. But there's no reason they'd have to. Comics have time travel all the time that would affect stuff outside of that particular title but the entire line doesn't screech to a halt to show how it affects every single book before resetting to the status quo. Hell, even in the comic version of Flashpoint they didn't show the changes in the Batman books themselves, they churned out limited series just to show the changes without interrupting that other books as they wrapped up stories before the reset.

I hope there is no cross over cause CW doesn't want to let me catch up. I watched seasons 1&2 on Netflix at the end of the year but they only have the most recent 4-5 episodes OnDemand. We just got HuluPlus and I thought this might fix the problem but I'm only seeing 4-5 episodes on there too. This network is annoying.

There is another problem with crossing that over...

Syndication.

You'd likely need episodes of Flash to explain to viewers of Arrow and Rogues and whatever else to explain what happens. When they're sold into syndication, though, those episodes aren't part of it so you're leaving large holes in the package down the road.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back