Things you're tired of seeing in movies

I am tired of a character suddenly getting an idea and walking away to check on something while one or more people ask where they are going and the character does not answer.
Reminds me of "better get down here" "why?" "You'd better see for yourself".
Just TELL me already!

I hate it when people slide off motorbikes at a hundred miles an hour, skid for about four miles, and then get up as if nothing had happened.

Particular bad example in the last Bourne film, where one of the people doing that is wearing nothing but a thin summer dress.

I guess friction and abrasion burns just happen to other people.

Yeah, kind of like when a guy straps his bullwhip to the underside of a moving truck and slides all the way underneath it while on a gravel road.

Reminds me of "better get down here" "why?" "You'd better see for yourself".
Just TELL me already!
Oh yeah, that ticks me off, too. Why even write the scene like that, just have the character walk up on it and avoid a scene that doesn't need to be there!
Yeah, kind of like when a guy straps his bullwhip to the underside of a moving truck and slides all the way underneath it while on a gravel road.
Point well taken, but at least they showed how battered and beat up Indy was on the ship afterward. And there's the leather jacket, that would have done a decent job of protecting him to a degree for a while...

Matrix-style fights make me tear my hair out. It's crept into Spiderman and how I'd hate to have Obi-Wan do a Matrix slo-mo backflip or Han Solo do a slo-mo laser dodge in Star Wars VII. And that sudden fast-motion after the slo-mo ---- just why do they do that!!!????

Matrix-style fights make me tear my hair out. It's crept into Spiderman and how I'd hate to have Obi-Wan do a Matrix slo-mo backflip or Han Solo do a slo-mo laser dodge in Star Wars VII. And that sudden fast-motion after the slo-mo ---- just why do they do that!!!????

Eventually, that will just be a style of filmmaking that was "So late 90s/early 2000s." Someone will come up with a new technique, or reinvent/reexamine older techniques, and the "visual vernacular" of filmmaking will change.

How about ancient traps that are still working hundreds (of not thousands) of years later, and more effectively than anything made today? And of course you can't just set them off and be done with it. No, there are always overlapping ones somehow.
The Indiana Jones movies, Goonies, the Mummy etc all have done this. It's idiotic that any trap set so long ago would still work.

How about ancient traps that are still working hundreds (of not thousands) of years later, and more effectively than anything made today? And of course you can't just set them off and be done with it. No, there are always overlapping ones somehow.
The Indiana Jones movies, Goonies, the Mummy etc all have done this. It's idiotic that any trap set so long ago would still work.

Light sensitive traps at that.

1) Driving a car while turning the steering wheel back and forth...

2) Dumbing down a script so even a 3 year old can figure out what's going to happen

3) I am now officially sick of flat screen and touch screen displays...

- - - Updated - - -

Or on train tracks!

Watched Non-Stop last night & Big Liam was told to set his watch for 20 minutes,.......so big zoom in on the watchface,....he presses the watch with one push of a button and the countdown timer appears,.....already set for 20min, If that was me it would take 20min to find the countdown timer

J

Computers that either make beeping sound when you type
Even more annoying, you can hear the typing on the keyboard but the characters are appearing slower than if the character was hand-writing them...

And how about tire squealing where it can't exist, like on a dirt road? You could go for years and not hear a tire squeal, yet almost every car does it on TV/movies

Computers that either make beeping sound when you type

Better yet, people typing on keyboards to everything and anything on a computer and almost never even touching the mouse. Having worked in the graphics industry my entire career and having played with everything from Photoshop, to Maya, Nuke, and things in between I can tell you that there's no way you can do any kind of graphics work using only the keyboard.

Or typing long sentences without ever hitting the spacebar.

Or passwords that are not only visible, but fill half the screen.

Those WHOOOOSH sounds everytime someone slings a sword. These days even if someone barely even moves a sword it goes Whoosh. One that gets me the most is in The Two Towers when Aragorn is examining this cruddy old sword a boy has. He just slowly swishes it around yet still there is the whooosh whooosh whooosh

Those WHOOOOSH sounds everytime someone slings a sword. These days even if someone barely even moves a sword it goes Whoosh. One that gets me the most is in The Two Towers when Aragorn is examining this cruddy old sword a boy has. He just slowly swishes it around yet still there is the whooosh whooosh whooosh

Bugs me too. That, and guns sounding like they're being ****** and loaded and all clicky and metally sounding when someone is just putting it back in the holster or on a table or summat.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back