Things you're tired of seeing in movies

You just made me squirt soda all over my keyboard out of my nose! LOLOL!! :D

my_work_here_is_done-300x200.jpg

One that always bugs me about 'near future' space movies...
Astronauts who rebel against mission control and just go do their own thing. Sure, it has happened to much smaller degrees in the past (Apollo 7 had the crew pretty much give thumbs down to a lot of stuff, but that was Wally Schirra's last flight and Eisele and Cunningham for the most part much followed his lead as a crew normally would, to their dismay afterward to find they were banned from space after that), but astronauts don't just make up their own thing and go do it against what Houston tells them.
To suggest otherwise frankly is insulting to their professionalism.

Exactly... just look at the Professor on Gilligan's Island... here we have a History Professor that can build a battery charger out of a bunch of coconuts, a washing machine, an air balloon, and yet for the life of him he can't fix the transmitter to get them off the island! LOL

Don't forget that he was also incapable of patching a hole in a boat, granted it was a pretty large hole but with everything he did on that show patching a hole should have been a breeze. Once he did that, he should have been able to make both a compass and a sextant and the skipper should have been able to get a rough bearing of where they were and charted an approximate course back to Hawaii.

Don't forget that he was also incapable of patching a hole in a boat, granted it was a pretty large hole but with everything he did on that show patching a hole should have been a breeze. Once he did that, he should have been able to make both a compass and a sextant and the skipper should have been able to get a rough bearing of where they were and charted an approximate course back to Hawaii.

I think he didn't plan on the Gilligan factor! That tends to trump all the best laid plans of anyone! :) LOL

Well, he did patch the ship using some water poof "glue" Gilligan discovered. But it was unstable and trashed the entire ship such that it literally flew apart.

Yeah, you beat me to the punch there, CessnaDriver. For decades people have been complaining that the Professor couldn't fix a hole in a boat, but after that "glue" episode, which was one of the first couple of episodes--There was NO BOAT to repair anymore. It had been reduced to noting more than a pile of lumber! And don't forget that in that episode there was no good metal to make nails with either. So no glue, no nails, no boat.

Now, why he couldn't make a raft, well that's another deal....

If I was stranded on a desert island with Ginger and Mary Ann I wouldn't be in too big a hurry to get back to civilization, either.
I might even destroy the boat on purpose. "Well, that didn't work. Darn. Guess we're stuck here. Who wants a pina colada?"

Well, he did patch the ship using some water poof "glue" Gilligan discovered. But it was unstable and trashed the entire ship such that it literally flew apart.
Funny how few TV fans even know of that episode, as it was one of the black/white ones that never saw much airtime in syndication. I'd only ever seen it once, myself and I remember as a kid saying out loud, "OH, the show makes so much more sense now!"

Funny how few TV fans even know of that episode, as it was one of the black/white ones that never saw much airtime in syndication. I'd only ever seen it once, myself and I remember as a kid saying out loud, "OH, the show makes so much more sense now!"

The ocean currents we're also so strong any raft they made would bring them back to the island I think was said once too.

What confused people was exactly where the island was. They mentioned Manila several times, even though the opening scenes were filmed from a Marina near Waikiki beach in Hawaii. The island location was mentioned at distances between 300 and 1200 miles from Hawaii and the radio broadcasts were from Hawaii if memory serves.

I've never gone back to watch it, but I've heard the opening was filmed right after Kennedy was killed, so the flags were at half mast.

I'll go to Youtube right now to fact check my own story.

People who don't know how to use stuff they obviously would, just for plot points.
I just watched, "Big Game" last night (quirky movie, BTW) and there was a CIA field agent who didn't know how to cock an MP-7 submachinegun? Not bloody likely!

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but busy sidewalks. A small town of 5000, and half of them are shopping when whatever action takes place.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

Things you're tired of seeing in movies,
Sam Worthington, CGI blood (so obvious) and loud noises in horror films that are just there to make you jump because the films are usually unscary nowadays.

Sam Worthington, CGI blood (so obvious) and loud noises in horror films that are just there to make you jump because the films are usually unscary nowadays.

Sam Worthington? What has he even been in lately? Avatar and Terminator#4 were both like 7 years ago. I haven't seen him in much else before or since.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but busy sidewalks. A small town of 5000, and half of them are shopping when whatever action takes place.

Too many pedestrians but not enough cars. There is never enough traffic clogging the roads, at any time of day or night, in any town, big or small.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back