Some Recent work on MAN OF STEEL Movie accurate suit . Suit Display Done !!

Re: Some Recent work on MAN OF STEEL Movie accurate suit .

Small update on my Mannequin sculpture for suit display ... still need some work before molding ..

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp103/masked-rider2008/MOS suit/IMAG0245a.jpg

Great work on this sculpting, Masked Rider! Sorry for deviate from the thread, but please, let me ask: is this oil-based clay over a lifecast mannequin? I was working on a "generic multi-purpose super-hero chest", intending to use it as a base for a Batfleck and other costumes. I used oil based clay (medium hardness) over a plastic mannequin, since I was short of material for a full body lifecasting. One more question, if you allow me: how do you will replicate your sculpting?

Mine is here:
chestplate_armor___cuirass_by_regis_augusto.jpg

Great work on this sculpting, Masked Rider! Sorry for deviate from the thread, but please, let me ask: is this oil-based clay over a lifecast mannequin? I was working on a "generic multi-purpose super-hero chest", intending to use it as a base for a Batfleck and other costumes. I used oil based clay (medium hardness) over a plastic mannequin, since I was short of material for a full body lifecasting. One more question, if you allow me: how do you will replicate your sculpting?

Mine is here:
View attachment 375496

Thanks bro and great work on your sculpting .

I used WED clay and its a water based clay and more easy for sculpting big project and sculpture . Its more easy and faster to work , but u will need to take care the sculpture everytime after done , u will need to spray it with water and wrap it up to prevent it from drying and break . As u can see it took me few months to working on this ...lol.... i only have 2 - 3 hours a day to work on this , sometimes 0 hour on sculpting a day ...lol..

My sculpture was based on a slim version 6 foot tall male mannequin , not a life cast . So i will have to used lots of clay on it to make the body structure bigger in shape . Im using some body builder pics , Henry Cavil's body pics , and the mannequin that display the real body suit pics as reference .

This will also be my future costume display ... Man of steel , Batfleck , Captain America ....... ;)

Thanks bro and great work on your sculpting .

I used WED clay and its a water based clay and more easy for sculpting big project and sculpture . Its more easy and faster to work , but u will need to take care the sculpture everytime after done , u will need to spray it with water and wrap it up to prevent it from drying and break . As u can see it took me few months to working on this ...lol.... i only have 2 - 3 hours a day to work on this , sometimes 0 hour on sculpting a day ...lol..

My sculpture was based on a slim version 6 foot tall male mannequin , not a life cast . So i will have to used lots of clay on it to make the body structure bigger in shape . Im using some body builder pics , Henry Cavil's body pics , and the mannequin that display the real body suit pics as reference .

This will also be my future costume display ... Man of steel , Batfleck , Captain America ....... ;)

Thanks for your answer, bro! I'm familiar with the use of water based clays, but I recently gave up them because this need of keeping it in wet chamber. I have a pretty busy life as you, and sometimes I become depressive about that, since I know I could advance way further in my works if I had more time available. But keep the pace man! One day, We may have more time available for our beloved works (I refuse to call a "hobby", since it's a true passion) :)

the suits with the seamstress leslee to get the fit right and to reinforce the seems a bit :) then its onto putting on the pieces. will show pics of the complete setup as soon as i can. Also will see if i can find an alternative for the boot that was a tad small if not ill contact you.

Where does maskrider get his information, or who feeds him this? Frontline design was not studio (team) who designed the original suit...

Where does maskrider get his information, or who feeds him this? Frontline design was not studio (team) who designed the original suit...

We know Michael Wilkinson designed the suit, but Frontline was part of the production as far as we've heard:
Here is a pic:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/1397394_691260970884115_1279117323_o.jpg

Here is their website:
http://www.frontlinedesign.org/projects
Doesn't look like they are part of Batman v Superman though.

Last edited:

E6000 also comes in a spray on form. too bad you can't see what glue they are using in that pic.

Just want everyone to know that Leslee has stayed in touch with me about my suit and was even willing to fix the issues that it had. This has been worth the cost and wait. Leslee came through and the suit will be complete.

Just want everyone to know that Leslee has stayed in touch with me about my suit and was even willing to fix the issues that it had. This has been worth the cost and wait. Leslee came through and the suit will be complete.

Thanks bro , and its my pleasure to deal with u . ;)

Seems like you're making dreams a reality, man. :)

http://www.therpf.com/f75/man-steel...ce-black-suit-213978/index13.html#post3448083

Hmmmm bro , i should make u a suit as well ...:D:thumbsup
Lol...... so u want it in black huh......... the black suit ......???:cool
woo........ when i have time , i can make your dream come true ...lol...:D

Also post this on my project run thread :

Hi Guys ... its been a while and i finally found the perfect Super glue that works really well by bonding the urethane armor piece with the body suit silicon texture chain mail surface .

My buddy Mike ( PunisherNC ) has sent me some E6000 glue and Silpoxy from smooth on for test .. but the glue is not working . Even the cure time takes longer until 24 hours , it can hold the armor piece in place but easily peel up .....

Ive done lots of research and been advice by a friend that made Raimi urethane webbing Spiderman suit . Recommended the Loctite super glue . So i called my local Henkel office for some sample .. after few test ... we finally nailed it ...

For all bro that owned my MOS suit , u may need to get this LOCTITE 401 super glue ( or any other code of Loctite superglue ) with the LOCTITE 770 PRIMER .

The 770 primer is to activate the sensitive surface of Silicon and to make it easily bond with the urethane surface .. and it works perfectly. Only few seconds and it works ... BUT FULLY RECOMMEND TO LEAVE IT 24 HOURS OR MORE BEFORE U CAN SUIT UP !!!

Apply thin layer of the 770 Primer on the silicon surface , and only few drops of the Super glue , and it takes few second to cure ..

IMAG0366.jpg

IMAG0367.jpg

Minor work i did today ... finished gluing the chest Emblem and also the Neck and back armor piece . Love the glue result ...

IMAG0370.jpg

IMAG0371.jpg

IMAG0372.jpg

0003-man-of-steel-costume3.jpeg

Re: Some Recent work on MAN OF STEEL Movie accurate suit . WEARABLE SUIT ARMOR PARTS

Wow, that second video says it all, man. GREAT find!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back