Limited Run Man Of Steel Movie Accurate full finished suit . Display Sculpture

Re: Man Of Steel Movie Accurate full finished suit # ( OFFER RUN START )

Leslee
Can you post a Screen shot of what your Super Glue Gel looks like for all of us please?

To answer mydlyfe and all buyers that in 1st batch of orders .

To all that paid deposit and confirmed in 1st of July when i started to take 1st batch orders , all your suit is about ready , just the last more step that i will need to confirm before i ship out your suit , and that should take one more week time , so hopefully i can ship all your suit out on next week .

So i will included a finished painted Chest emblem for each suit .

looking forward too it :)

*pasted from my review thread*
Okay, guys..got the suit back. The fit around the body is MUCH better. I think we still have some work to do around the knees and calves. The suit is very tight but I still have plenty of flex. My wife and I are going to glue some armor pieces down tonight, so keep those eyes peeled. :)

In the meantime, here are some pics from last night's test fit, I think I can hide the loose area at the hips with the armored pieces.

I popped a seam on my rear end and one in the crotch, so we're going to try and correct that tonight or over the weekend.

Well overall the suit is still impressive. Looks like you measured your boots to low. They need to be and inch or two from the knee. I would say the whole lower leg needs less wrinkles. Not sure if that can be achieved.

One reason you may have popped a seem is due to the fact that the material sewn was not double stitched. Perhaps I am wrong though. Not concerned about the arms or hips that is expected without high muscle definition.

I look forward to receiving mine late next week.

I would be willing to accept the suit as is because I just don't think you can do much more about getting out the wrinkles in the legs without ruining the material when you go to put it on over and over again.

I would be willing to accept the suit as is because I just don't think you can do much more about getting out the wrinkles in the legs without ruining the material when you go to put it on over and over again.

I think the boot height and leg wrinkles could both be fixed pretty well by just shortening the blue legs by a couple inches so it's all pulled tight.

TOP NOTCH WORK! a studio quality costume at a fraction of the price.

Gerardo

I had the issue with my first Spiderman costume with seam popping in a few places, when ordered my second suit I specifically requested to have it stitched using heavy duty thread, never had a problem since and my new Spidey costume is even more form fitting no loose spot perfect fit!
It would be worth while using heavier duty thread to avoid any mishaps especially in public, nobody wants to see Superman A#$#$ LOL!

Gerardo

Last edited:

Masked Rider -
Looking at PunisherNC's suit, I think I'd rather have mine tightened up to prevent the wrinkles. However, I'm not sure if his are wrinkled maybe due to a mistake in the height, or is it an issue of it being not tight enough around the lower leg?

Also, PunisherNC said some seems came loose. If possible, is there a way you can have them make the seems a bit stronger to prevent this?

*pasted from my review thread*
Okay, guys..got the suit back. The fit around the body is MUCH better. I think we still have some work to do around the knees and calves. The suit is very tight but I still have plenty of flex. My wife and I are going to glue some armor pieces down tonight, so keep those eyes peeled. :)

In the meantime, here are some pics from last night's test fit, I think I can hide the loose area at the hips with the armored pieces.

[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/PunisherNC/B0915F93-407E-4096-B143-4953CE74CF2E_zpsy3g1e9en.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/PunisherNC/0FF258DB-5498-47FE-85C1-2D71541E1B5C_zpsls9ravs1.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/PunisherNC/899EC35C-2F79-4A4E-9A22-F716CE096348_zpskrskvgy4.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/PunisherNC/8EB2C0F3-3234-4E87-8F54-1B6157CFD526_zps63ri2ubr.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/PunisherNC/454F36F1-32C6-4186-9675-F7EEA631BF8E_zps0uppcehq.jpg[/URL]

I popped a seam on my rear end and one in the crotch, so we're going to try and correct that tonight or over the weekend.

Thanks buddy , u are the man ......:thumbsup

Well overall the suit is still impressive. Looks like you measured your boots to low. They need to be and inch or two from the knee. I would say the whole lower leg needs less wrinkles. Not sure if that can be achieved.

One reason you may have popped a seem is due to the fact that the material sewn was not double stitched. Perhaps I am wrong though. Not concerned about the arms or hips that is expected without high muscle definition.

I look forward to receiving mine late next week.

We actually did sewn it with 2 layers stitched . One layer by sewing machine and add another layer by hand . The reason because of the seam pop due to the glissnette material not stretch too much especially with thick layer of silicon texture . The tighter we made , the harder u need to pull on .......that might cause some area popped.

TOP NOTCH WORK! a studio quality costume at a fraction of the price.

Gerardo

I had the issue with my first Spiderman costume with seam popping in a few places, when ordered my second suit I specifically requested to have it stitched using heavy duty thread, never had a problem since and my new Spidey costume is even more form fitting no loose spot perfect fit!
It would be worth while using heavier duty thread to avoid any mishaps especially in public, nobody wants to see Superman A#$#$ LOL!

Gerardo

Thanks , means alot from you buddy .

Sure i will ask my tailor to look into the heavy duty thread as well . But first the main reason is the fabric material that we used ...... on to this stage , i can say that i really LOVE and HATE this suit material . The hate is this glissnette material stated that its 4 way stretch ,but its different stretch in both ways , so that makes it difficult on scaling wearer measurements . Its not like Lycra material to make spiderman suit ... i owned 4 Spiderman suits , all are very stretchy , and can fits on few range of body size .... But not this glissnette material especially printed with thick layer of texture .

The LOVE is it looks more accurate , with the layer of Silver undersuit . Also printed with chain mail texture ... make it looks totally different than just wearing a plain Lycra suit ... i guess it will be more pain to achieve the movie accurate way .

Masked Rider -
Looking at PunisherNC's suit, I think I'd rather have mine tightened up to prevent the wrinkles. However, I'm not sure if his are wrinkled maybe due to a mistake in the height, or is it an issue of it being not tight enough around the lower leg?

Also, PunisherNC said some seems came loose. If possible, is there a way you can have them make the seems a bit stronger to prevent this?

Ive been discussed with Mike , and as we seen in pics , and as Ever & Oak mentioned , seems like its too long that we made the suit material on his legs . This after fix suit looks quite good and tight on him , especially we took 2 more parts measurements which is Knee and Ankle part .. we have changed a new legs part for Mike , and also the new boots material ( Printed with Dark grey Chain mail texture ) , But the legs part need to be shorten abit . Mike will try to adjust , pull it up and try to glue the calves armor pieces to cover up the loose area .....

I will ask my tailor to sew with heavy duty thread.

Okay, picked up some Sil-Poxy from Smooth-On. The emblem and other urethane pieces wouldn't adhere to the suit with the usual Super Glue Gel. The raised silicone texture was the issue. Hopefully the Sil- Poxy does the job. Photos coming tonight

The glue has been an issue for me with latex to material. E6000 is very flexible but the latex does not stay on. I am curious to see how the glue works for ya PunisherNC

Okay, picked up some Sil-Poxy from Smooth-On. The emblem and other urethane pieces wouldn't adhere to the suit with the usual Super Glue Gel. The raised silicone texture was the issue. Hopefully the Sil- Poxy does the job. Photos coming tonight

Thanks bro .. and hopefully this sil-poxy works good on silicon , cause its made specifically for bonding silicone rubber to anything , and its 12 minute cure time which is faster that i used the A+B epoxy glue and also shoe glue combined .

Winchester117 said:
Winchester117 said:
Holy freakin crap!!! I want a suit so frackin bad, I wish I could afford it.

Masked Rider said:
Thanks and u sure can.... ;)

I wish I were as optimistic as you sir about that. Unless you have some viable options in which I could purchase one?

okay, looks like I spoke too soon. Put the suit on again last night to glue down more pieces and the emblem began to pull away from the suit.

Looks like E6000 might the best route, guys

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back