GOOD LORD...I Just watched the Star Wars Holiday Special for the first time

It's not THAT bad people.

Ok, maybe it is, but you know what, I miss stuff like this.

Just as I wish more TV shows had their own version of "Talking Dead," I wish a movie would come along and be such a blockbuster, that it takes over almost everything else to the point that they make a campy holiday variety show out of it. Come on Episode VII!

Last edited:
It's even unsalvagable with any form of fan editing. It is so bad that even turning it into a decent five minute short is impossible.

The best part on my bootleg dvd is the Star Wars toy commercial.

I dunno, if you extract the Boba Fett cartoon by itself that's sorta decent. Maybe cut the word "friend" from Boba's dialogue and paint over his tuning fork gun with something less silly.

It's even unsalvagable with any form of fan editing. It is so bad that even turning it into a decent five minute short is impossible.

The best part on my bootleg dvd is the Star Wars toy commercial.

Is it worse the Sharknado (which I received as a joke Christmas gift)...?

Is it worse the Sharknado (which I received as a joke Christmas gift)...?

I once made it all the way through the holiday special. At least with a bootleg dvd you can hit X4 and scan through the horrendous musical numbers, slowing down for the horrible 'dramatic' scenes.

As for Sharknado......I couldn't even high speed watch it. :)

Yup. Or at least not quiet the creative monolithic genius we though him to be -- he had a LOT of help and a LOT of luck.
It's like you guys never saw Return of the Jedi, Howard the Duck, or the Special Editions. :p :lol (My faith went away a lot earlier.) :lol

It's like you guys never saw Return of the Jedi, Howard the Duck, or the Special Editions. :p :lol (My faith went away a lot earlier.) :lol

Really? ROTJ in that list? Yes, Ewoks were silly but the rest of the movie was great.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

No, really, it isn't. It's a terrible film. When I was fifteen it was great, but now all I can see is the jaded, fed-up Lucas rushing Marquand to get it done, no matter how badly. The Ewoks remain just as "astoundingly unconvincing" as a production source called them during filming. A huge sellout. There are dodgy shots, like that godawful one of Artoo and Threepio being pulled out of the sand. There's Fett's UNBELIEVABLY underwhelming death. There's a recycled Death Star plot from the first movie. The Emperor is a cartoon caricature of villainy. As if the confirmation that Vader is his dad wasn't bad enough, Leia is suddenly Luke's sister. What the actual ****? And before you even get to the Ewoks you've got creature work like Nien Nunb, Salacious Crumb, Sy Snootles and Max Rebo. Okay, these are fairly shallow observations; others have more substantive criticisms but whatever way you cut it, it's a painting by numbers hack job all the way through. It's a Prequel-level effort lifted from that mostly by the presence of many of the original art department and effects people.

WOW.

You and I can't be friends anymore. :lol

Easily the best space battle of the trilogy, love the Emperor, redemption of Vader is nice and not too cheesy, end LS battle full of emotion... It hits all the right points for me.

Recycled? Sure. Fett? Couldn't care less. Leia? Ya, kinda lame but whatever.

Still love ROTJ.

See, the redemption of Vader is one of my biggest beefs. :lol The guy sees the horror he has become and realises his only worthwhile legacy is about to die, and sacrifices himself to save...HIS OWN SON. Okay, it's not one of his ****tier acts, but c'mon...it's not exactly entirely selfless either. Joss Whedon could give George Lucas some lessons on writing good, solid, satisfying redemptions. :lol Vader's is *far too easy*.

PS okay, the space battle IS good. Whittled down a lot from the original concept, but still good.

See, the redemption of Vader is one of my biggest beefs. :lol The guy sees the horror he has become and realises his only worthwhile legacy is about to die, and sacrifices himself to save...HIS OWN SON. Okay, it's not one of his ****tier acts, but c'mon...it's not exactly entirely selfless either. Joss Whedon could give George Lucas some lessons on writing good, solid, satisfying redemptions. :lol Vader's is *far too easy*.

That is also one of the things I didn't like about the prequels. It's bad to have force choked a few admirals, but when you have slaughtered a temple full of children, I don't think there is any redemption for you. That's not evil, it's sick.

That is also one of the things I didn't like about the prequels. It's bad to have force choked a few admirals, but when you have slaughtered a temple full of children, I don't think there is any redemption for you. That's not evil, it's sick.

Or how about capturing your daughter, killing her loyal followers, torturing her, invading her mind, forcing her to watch the destruction of her home world, testing her boyfriend to see if he can survive being turned into a carbon brick and threaten to turn her over to the dark side? But that's ok, because in the end when he turns into a good man, I'm sure he feels so horrible at what he had done to her that he would ask Luke to how sorry he was.... right?

Luke: Father wanted me to tell you something.
Leia: What?....
Luke: He wanted me to tell you that.... I WAS RIGHT ABOUT HIM! WHOO HOO! Dad's a good man! Dad's a good man!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back