Planet Explorer

I would love to have a few of those trees in my yard, or on my coffee table (dwarfed)! :) Very beautiful. And your wiring pics may have been boring for you, but I am sure I am not the only one who enjoyed seeing them. The lights are the pulse of the model. You are like Dr. Frankenstein, breathing life into your monster. Very stunning! :D

SHAME ON ME for turning my head on this AMAZING BUILD! The details are just amazing! Each post gets better and better!

Builds like this get my blood pumping and help inspire me to get out and work!

Happy 29th BDay to the Mrs. :)

I would love to have a few of those trees in my yard, or on my coffee table (dwarfed)! :) Very beautiful. And your wiring pics may have been boring for you, but I am sure I am not the only one who enjoyed seeing them. The lights are the pulse of the model. You are like Dr. Frankenstein, breathing life into your monster. Very stunning! :D

Thank you, Cadeus-san

That red tree Momiji (Chicken foot?) is one of the most beautiful of that kind. To own one for Bonsai is a good idea. You can enjoy all through the year.

Oh. sorry I forgot to put up that pic. Still I have to take care of that spaghetti.
As you see those LEDs are for Christmas illumination. I bought the one of 100LEDs for about 10 dollars.
I think it's made in China but it has a good reliability. I plant them and remove some too long wire and unnecessary LEDs.

SHAME ON ME for turning my head on this AMAZING BUILD! The details are just amazing! Each post gets better and better!

Builds like this get my blood pumping and help inspire me to get out and work!

Happy 29th BDay to the Mrs. :)

Happy birthday to your lovely wife Katsu-san. She doesn't look a day over 30 and I am not being funny. You are one lucky man!

Sofaking01-san, Mikeee-san,
Thank yo for looking.
And thank you very much for your kind words for my partner.
When I told her the opinions of you two, she is remarkably pleased. :D
She is sending a big kiss to you all now.

It may be the big chance to negotiate to buy a new tool right now.

I thank everyone!!

I love how you use the Xmas lights for your illumination on this and your last starship. I imagine that light blocking can be a bit of a pain, but it's such a cool shortcut. Personally, I have no experience with electronics, but would love to start building some lit models. I will be stealing this concept!

Amazing work, as always, sir!

Hi, Victor-san, thanks for looking.
Thanks for the comment. Xmas LED has many good things for me. It's not expensive, available at any shop in town, reliable and tough.
Those Xmas bulbs are wrapped with plastic around the core. Usually the length of the bulbs are more than a inch.
However you can remove those wrapping and core and make it very short and small for the tight space.
You can even cut the bulb it self and the lengs will be only 1/5 inch at all.

Please try to use it, so that I can enjoy another beautiful model build by you.

All the best.

Yuumi, great progress. I just caught up since my last visit and I really enjoyed your photos of your walk through Koyo. They sure are beautiful. It amazing what the good Lord has done with his creation and please tell your wife she don't look one day older then 30 ;) but you on the other hand...mmm, let's not push your luck :D

Mike

Thanks for the comment, Mike-san!

I'm so happy that you've enjoyed those photos.
That was so beautiful scenery and I really wanted to share those pics with you.
And thanks for the kind words for my wife. She is looking pretty good mood these days.:D
I'm already enough lucky because I got so many good friends here!

Thanks again!

katsu

HI!

I could get several hours to build today.

the cockpit is ready to install but I thought i need some more detailing here.
So I tried to put some decals on.

I used many caution decals.

Added little more here.

Then continued wiring.......

Ceilling light installed.

That's all this time.

Thank you for looking.

Katsu

Last edited:
Thanks for looking, friends.

I'm going to build a hatch to outside from the room of the last pic.
The hatch is at 15 feet high from the ground. It's a bit too high to jump out and climb up.
So I had to think about to fix some kind of ladder or lift.:confused

Thanks for looking, friends.

I'm going to build a hatch to outside from the room of the last pic.
The hatch is at 15 feet high from the ground. It's a bit too high to jump out and climb up.
So I had to think about to fix some kind of ladder or lift.:confused

How about something like a retractable lift like in The Last Starfighter or Armageddon. Just a cylinder that can be raised and lowered with a pad that takes it's passengers out of the vehicle.

Katsu-San
I have been gone for several months. Sorry I have not been commenting. What treat to look through so many build pages and see how beautiful this is coming together.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back