Planet Explorer

I also appreciate bonsai trees. I tried it, once, and I used to have a plastic bonsai tree when I was little. I especially like 'forest' groupings.

That first one was a Japanese Black Pine... Very difficult to grow, and they spend years dwarfing the needles. I have a book of Bonsai from John Yoshia Naka, a brilliant Bonsai artist. Thank-you for sharing those beautiful trees with us. :)

I've always loved Bonsai trees.

--Alex

I also appreciate bonsai trees. I tried it, once, and I used to have a plastic bonsai tree when I was little. I especially like 'forest' groupings.

It is a fact that western people now love those bonsai rather than Japanese people.
Those bonsai was once a side buisiness of samurai.
We Japanese are too busy to enjoy those expiratory hobby.
I hope you enjoy this hobby with many aspect.

That first one was a Japanese Black Pine... Very difficult to grow, and they spend years dwarfing the needles. I have a book of Bonsai from John Yoshia Naka, a brilliant Bonsai artist. Thank-you for sharing those beautiful trees with us. :)

When I saw the display of bonsai yesterday, I just remember Cadeus-san loves it. So I took some pics and posted them up. And I think how about to make a minuature of bonsai and put them in the vihicles crew lounge.:rolleyes

The skill and patience required to maintain a Bonsai is awe inspiring to me. The fact that they can live for 300 years and maintain their beauty like that is incredible.

Yes it's amazing - I imagine there'd be a less-caring generation there who misses the watering job and out the window goes a couple centuries worth of work.

Gosh, I miss Japan. I was stationed up in Misawa for 3 years and loved every second of my time there.

Misawa is a nothan part of Japan and very beautihul place. I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful time there.
There' s a Tsugaru strait between the main land Japan and Hokkaido. It's a very important place to watch over the activity of Chinese Navy and Russian Navy.
The US Airforce Base in Misawa is very reliable with its high performance.
I wish you come again someday soon.

The skill and patience required to maintain a Bonsai is awe inspiring to me. The fact that they can live for 300 years and maintain their beauty like that is incredible.

I second that! And that's why I said it's a burgain.:D

Yes it's amazing - I imagine there'd be a less-caring generation there who misses the watering job and out the window goes a couple centuries worth of work.

No doubt, I'll be that less-caring generation:lol

Thanks for looking, Jazz-san

Very very cool! Thanks for sharing Katsu-san. Sorry haven't stopped by in a while. Hope you are well. The explorer is looking great!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back