The Definitive CW Arrow Thread

Hi I'm pretty new to this form and well, prop building. I was wondering if anyone knows what the carbon longbow that was used at the end if season 1 is?

I know this may be an overlooked part of the costume, and though I don't think I will find myself riding a Ducati any time soon but... after a lot of frame by frame especially in S3E2 I'm 99% sure that the helmet he wears is the AFX-39. At first I thought it was the Fly Trekker DS but the AFX-39 which uses the same shell comes stock without the logos all over it.

71oAtvQEFKL._SL1367_.jpgimage3.jpg

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/afx-fx-39-dual-sport-helmet

Hope this helps anyone who wants to grab their suit and hit the streets on 2 wheels.

Last edited:
hi guys just started watching this show whilst ive been off ill finished season 1 I loved it I wanted people's opinions im either getting a replica of season 1 matrix bow or season 2 kestrel but I can't decide I love the first bow because its so home made and different but also love the kestrel because its so bad ass I can't decide which I want more :-/

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-22-20-17-15.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-22-20-17-15.png
    256.1 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Is this frpm when he's on the island (only just started season 2) seams a, such easier display lol
I think I found a great detail in terms of arrows.

Looking at this shot I may have ID'd the arrow fletches.
http://i.imgur.com/cQ3If0w.jpg

They appear to be Trueflight Full Length Barred in either the White Barred or Grey Barred colors.
http://www.amazon.com/W2B-Truefligh...694376&sr=1-1&keywords=trueflight+barred+full

Not cheap from the looks either. Not sure how many would go this route to make arrows (im making visually close ones as there is no way I want to shell $100 on real ones). To each their own though.

Yes this is island Oliver in the second half of season two. Idk where he gets all these different outfits lol
I know I'm in talks with a leather maker for a season 1 suit atm I've used them before really cheap company but the quality isn't similar to prime work I imagine l
:)

Does anybody have any good screen grabs of Oliver's "Hotel" Bow, arrows, and quiver? If I can find the write materials I will be trying to recreate it

Wow this thread started to slow down.

Wondering if anyone knows what the one inch striping material is on the green hood? Thanks.

Wow this thread started to slow down.

Wondering if anyone knows what the one inch striping material is on the green hood? Thanks.
Almost everybody went to the Emerald Archer's page on Facebook. You should check it out! I think someone was interested in your quiver.

Hello, I have been following this post for awhile now and you all are doing AMAZING work I have a few questions though...I am trying to make the bow from season 1 and season 2 but I need help with a few things:
SEASON 1 BOW CHECK LIST:
-Handle dimensions
-limb dimensions
SEASON 2 BOW CHECK LIST:
-handle dimensions
- dimensions of BOTH sets of limbs(the power limbs and the recurve ones)
If any of you could help that would be awesome also if anyone wants anything from the show like arrow heads etc. message me and I'll send them to you for cheap

Hey guys, not really a big deal, but I have identified what type of arrow head the non-lethal arrows are, they are G5 Small Game Heads 125 grains, you could buy a 3 pack for about $20.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back