If they reboot INDIANA JONES, who would you pick to play Indy?

Why does it have to be something evil? Certainly an Indiana Jones movie can be fun and exciting story that doesn't involve an evil organization bent on world domination.

Evil is just a term, I mean there's always a bad guy in Indiana Jones movies, and it's often like this in action/adventures movies too...

Right, you have to have someone or group to deal with. This way you have danger and thrill of the good Guy trying to win. If you don't have that, well then you got a nova / PBS special. Bring in tomb raiders or the Chinese. Maybe the lost city of Atlantis or Shangri-la

Right, you have to have someone or group to deal with. This way you have danger and thrill of the good Guy trying to win. If you don't have that, well then you got a nova / PBS special. Bring in tomb raiders or the Chinese. Maybe the lost city of Atlantis or Shangri-la

I like the idea of the lost city of Atlantis, could be a good plot around this.

What about Egyptians? Without falling in the same story lines of The Mummy movies.

extraordinarymeasures.jpg

Hmm, I like the mummy in all. But I think it's getting over done lately. Plus I think universal is planning its mummy reboot in the next few years. Like how they just did Dracula untold.

i think they need to go in China, Russia, Europe or down under. They always seem to end up in the middle east or South America at one point. Ok not in the temple of doom,but 3 of 4 have.

The real question is, will it include nazis? I mean... The time that Indiana Jones was set was pretty amazing, but for a reboot?

What kind of evil would you like Indiana Jones to defeat? And what kind of treasure would you see the new Indy to go for? If I want a reboot, I kinda want to see something in another time period, or at least a bit after the nazis. So it doesn't appear to be a remake, more than a reboot.

Perhaps something in the 50's and have Indy fighting aliens..... wait a second, oh god :facepalm that really happened, and I thought that was just a nightmare.

:p

Indy searching for Atlantis...? Or some adventure in china, "Indiana Jones and the Terracotta Army" fighting chinese... or nazis looking for some "invincible stone army" :wacko
indy-terra.jpg

Like Jeyl said, he doesn't really need to have some one to fight really. Some of the best Indy moments consist of Indy facing off against various traps and what have you.

Maybe looking for some lost ship in the polar regions? :popcorn

yuck

Perhaps something in the 50's and have Indy fighting aliens..... wait a second, oh god :facepalm that really happened, and I thought that was just a nightmare.

:p

Let's just say this never happens :p It still includes Nazis haha!

I got your point though. I'd rather not see a reboot of it. But I was just wondering what would be the plot if they were to make a reboot? They might just end up making a remake, and that would be pretty atrocious.

Last edited:
I would be perfectly fine with Pratt as Indy. I would love to see a send off with old Indy reminiscing about his younger years as a transition for Pratt taking over.

Evil is just a term, I mean there's always a bad guy in Indiana Jones movies, and it's often like this in action/adventures movies too...
Yeah, but can we have something that isn't a blatant rehash of Raiders? A story can have conflict and adversaries without always resorting to bad guys bent on world domination who are undone by the artifact they seek.

Yeah, but can we have something that isn't a blatant rehash of Raiders? A story can have conflict and adversaries without always resorting to bad guys bent on world domination who are undone by the artifact they seek.

Yes, I understand :) I just like the idea of the bad guy against the good guy :p

Right now Chris Pratt is the only known choice. He's not all tough-guy ... he depends a lot on his luck and his balls to get by and often he's way over his head. There's nobody (known) that comes close today.

Maybe Indy is the bad guy. Digging up items that are not his. stealing artifacts that were never meant to leave the locations. Taken items to be in museums, but who said he could have them. He was never really the good guy, just lesser of the two evils. Indy > nazi, pink-o commie Russians, slave drivers & kidnappers in India.

Timothy olyphat would be a good choice. Plus his show is on its fina season. So he has free time to do it.

Regardless of who could play Indy, there is a high probability Disney will relaunch the Indy film franchise. They spent a lot of $ for the IP.

What about have the bad guys be ............HYDRA!!!
And Indy fight along side Capt Murica !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think it should be lass, someone hot. You could have her in hot pants charging round the jungle and forget the whip (too kinky) she could carry a pair of pistols. Could even spark a series of cool console games too!
Have to look into that see if anyone else's come up with a twist like that?

I'd rather have a Mummy / Indy crossover adventure. That would be cool I think.

Hydra is too high-tech for Indy.

I kinda like this too. Will probably never happen. But the idea of seeing Indiana Jones and Rick O Connel together would be pretty amazing. Maybe they could fight against each other for the possession of an artifact :p

I kinda like this too. Will probably never happen. But the idea of seeing Indiana Jones and Rick O Connel together would be pretty amazing. Maybe they could fight against each other for the possession of an artifact :p

...but team up when they find out that the artifact will release a power so evil that it will lay waste to the world.

Imagine a sort of tag team between the two while they fight off their enemies.

..........but.......... not gonna happen. oh, well.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back