Its Pink and Green and gunna be MEAN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stunning work Guy! You've really grown a lot over the years.
I agree, He's really big and hairy now:cool

First of the two plugs are done, The skirt and the dish.
Roughing and finishing passes shown.
The skirts in two pieces so need to laminate, sealing primer and final finish.
Next the Hull, wing well and front guard.

Rob

IMG_0378.JPG
IMG_0389.JPG
IMG_0385.jpg
IMG_0376.jpg

And at the end of the day wood is cheap. If the calc's are off for whatever reason and somethings been missed then we cut another and if need be another till its spot on.
I'm off to enjoy some beers! :cheers

Missed a lot of this, dealing with sick kids in the house for almost 2 weeks, have to say really amazing dedication on this one, over the top. Congats to all involved.
mike

Missed a lot of this, dealing with sick kids in the house for almost 2 weeks, have to say really amazing dedication on this one, over the top. Congats to all involved.
mike

Sorry to hear that bud, hope things improve for the hols for you all. Its been a big pile of caring and sharing and not sleeping and stubbornness + some love with some great mates.... what could be better ,,,oh yeh... the end result :)

We're another step closer, to an actual replica based on its own merits and I'm so looking forward to it...... now fly my monkeys fly, no wait..that The Wizard of Oz.... whats this again oh yeh, the One ring to rule them all......

Once the curse of Slave 1 is lifted the world is a safer and happier place and at the end of the day thats all that matters eh!!!!

Just on a quick side note, its come to my attention that the huge amount of work, time and energy and the soon to be realised final results have been solicited behind my back....any and all emails soliciting this set of hulls and armature will be posted in this thread so they can be explained??? If I was a man I'd post em myself with an apology for such underhanded and outrageous behaviour, best way of being a sport is to keep your fingers out of a pie thats not yours to eat,,,unless its humble pie...at least humble pie has no bitter after taste !!!!

The ability to be an honest man in the end sometimes reaps rewards !!!!!

Your post just now might just be an opening for mending fences, so I'm going to go for it publicly this time.

So out of curiosity, considering our contentious history, if I was interested in buying one from Rob or you, would I be denied? I have in the past tried to whole heartedly apologize to you for my behavior, but have never received a reply, so I assumed you were uninterested in mending fences. Understandable, sure. There's a cold war among people some times. That's life.

However, this is a small community, and I know from personal experience that more gets accomplished with positivity than negativity.

The bottom line is:
I don't like to fight with people
I am willing to accept responsibility for previous actions and bury hatchets with you, because I think we're above it, in the end
I want to see the community whole and productive
I don't like chatting with people about the "goings on" and then suddenly someone feels like they are "in the middle of things". Picking sides is ridiculous. This is supposed to be fun.

And yes, I'd like to build a Slave 1 with all these styrene parts I have amassed over the years, one day. My Rich hull is undersized. My styrene attempt is 1/8" too narrow, and the guy that did the pulls is not as accomplished as what Rob creates, by a long shot. I have them standing by, but who wouldn't want a turn-key solution with a metal armature?

So whatever happens, as I have said to Rob, this is a brilliant result from a lot of hard work. The project is almost a decade old now, and THOUSANDS of dollars have been spent. By Allan, by you, by me, by a lot of people. Lots of kit IDers and part gluers and advice givers have had their hands in this pie - lots of promises have been made, lots of parts have been loaned/sacrificed/lost. Five false starts I think? Ketzer trailblazing at first, Max scanning and milling a Fine Molds up-scale for Rich, Moe creating sub-assemblies... the history of this project is maddening and fascinating.

Guy, this is my olive branch to you, Slave 1 project aside.

And it really and truly is great work from you and Julien and Lee and Rob. Well done.

I thought you helped with the Photogrammetry/pics, my latest mistake!

(PM your address for those ship bits, se il vous plaît et merci!)

No they weren't on the original bucks and are an add on, I'll redo the old ones to suit this hull when its in hand, they are more uniform than my first attempt and when curved on to the hull they take they're distinct shape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back