Zed's mask - League of Legends

PepijnLinden

Hey there,

I've been wanting to post a project of my own for a while now, and this seems like a nice chance to share my stuff with you all.
For those of you who don't know Zed, it's my favorite character from the League of Legends game.

Zed_model.jpg

To get myself started on the outfit i'd just like to get his mask done first.
I thought it would be great to have the mask as close to the in-game mask as possible so I decided to use the official model made by Riot games. After importing the model into Blender and making a nice .obj file I will make a pepakura file out of the model so I can print my mask and turn it into a neat armor piece.

Zedmask_riot.png

So first off I used Blender to edit Riot's model and cut out the mask.

Zedmask_front.png Zedmask_side.png

After I cut the mask out and made some small edits to the mesh, I exported it as an .obj file.
Now, to be honest with you all this is the first time i'm attempting to make my own pepakura file.
I've watched some tutorials and have a basic understanding of how this works, but i'm pretty sure the pro crafters out there will cry when they see my first attempt, smash their heads against the nearest wall and wonder how I could have made some mistakes I surely will make during my first try or why my file looks so damn messy.

Zedmask_Pepakura.png

Yes, yes. The file is already on it's way guys. The mesh looks messy to me, and I have no idea how hard it will be to craft it like this. But I think i'll just give it a go soon and see if it's too confusing as it is.
There is still much work to be done, but i'll get there.

So for all who read this, feel free to comment on my work. I'm always open for advice on Pepakura or Blender if you see some flaws in my work. I can't stress enough that the Zed model is made by Riot games and that I don't really need any credit for my work.
I just couldn't really find anything like this yet and thought i'd get it out there for people to use.
(Yep, my files will be up for grabs if you need them!)

I'll get back to work right away, thanks for reading!

Am subscribing to this as I'd like to do this armour myself. Yesterday I went to my first comic con expo in cosplay and got a great reaction to my first build. So I'm already looking to move on to another one. This time giving myself a lots if time to do it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back