Modding my Pinski Shoulder armor

Ray48

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Let me start by saying, I respect Mr. Pinski's skill at making my armor set. This thread is , by no means , meant to denigrate his product. I don't know what picture reference he had access to when he made this, months ago, but since I recently gained great picture reference, it became clear that especially the left shoulder bell was too long. Sure, that is not the only inaccuracy, but it is arguably the most significant, since the left and right armor must be roughly equal in length to look right when worn. I felt that the bell was at least an inch too long. Also, though I loved the cold cast brass look, it is clear from photos that the original was of a kydex like texture and was probably painted. I'm still not happy with the paint color and may need to knock the texture back a bit in places, but it is closer to the prototype. It is interesting that there are many shades of brass paint on the market....not the right one yet. The height of the bell is now about an inch less in length than previous. I should note that I bought the armor second hand from another member who sold it to me because, he said, "Pinski wouldn't take it back", when he asked to return it. I did find myself fixing some cracked portions, some as a result of too thin resin. My purpose in posting this is to let others, who may have purchased this , know that they can improve the look somewhat, provided that they take the time to do so. I should say that my original intent was to save time and effort in molding my own set, and I do feel that I accomplished most of that. I also remolded the lower shield in a different size, of kydex.

Attachments

• 100_0662.JPG
    100_0662.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 172
  • 100_0663.JPG
    100_0663.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 143
  • 100_0664.JPG
    100_0664.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 120
  • 100_0665.JPG
    100_0665.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 120
  • 100_0666.JPG
    100_0666.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 153
  • 100_0667.JPG
    100_0667.JPG
    933.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 100_0668.JPG
    100_0668.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 203
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back