Toronto Prop Party. May 19th Confirmed

Some more details...

The only available dates are May 12th or May 19th. I have those dates on hold for one week. As of March 2nd I'll need to confirm one of those 2 dates.
I was hoping that the first weekend of June was free but they booked that just this morning so...MAY 12 OR MAY 19.

Please chime in with what you think. I will personally lean towards the 19th.
I'd also really like to get an idea of how many people would be attending...if you think you'd like to make it but are unsure, please say so. If you're sure you'll be coming, again...just say so. :)

Also those of you who'd be setting up displays can you chime in and say so? That way I can start to get an idea of how many tables we'll need.

Lastly, there's an area on the floor that has tiles so IF any of you RD guys are bringing one down...there's a fair sized area for him to roll around on. The rest of the area is carpet.
Washrooms are around the corner....we'll have ice water set up on a separate table..and for now that's it I suppose.

Please speak up for the date...and if you'd be attending.
Thanks.

David

Honestly either date is fine for me, more than enough time to book the day off.

I'd like to do a display, probably just one small table and some space for my mannequin :)

If either date is going to be cool then I'm still leaning towards the 19th. I want to get a few more 'yay' or 'nays' before I book it. I have no problem with fronting the cash to book the room but I just dont want to get stuck with the bill if it's not a good date for the majority. I hope to hear from the rest and their thoughts on this date. I do hope more will chime in. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Kahnt @ Feb 23 2007, 08:54 PM) [snapback]1425327[/snapback]</div>
I won't be attending. :(

I hope everyone has a blast and I will be looking for pics.
[/b]

That's a shame, sorry to hear. Unfortunately my hands are tied and all we can do is in the month of May. Maybe things on your end may change by then...I guess you never know...:)

David

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DAVIDYR1 @ Feb 24 2007, 02:23 PM) [snapback]1425703[/snapback]</div>
That's a shame, sorry to hear. Unfortunately my hands are tied and all we can do is in the month of May. Maybe things on your end may change by then...I guess you never know...:)
[/b]

Doubtful they will change. I'm getting officially married on May 19th so I hope it doesn't change. :lol

(The reason I say officially married is because we already have three kids so it's just a legality I suppose :lol)

I'm in,

Newmarket is about 15 min from me.
I could possibly set up a few R2's in the making, T2 Endo, Stormtrooper,B9 Robot, C3P0...oh oh can't forget Hermon Munster too.

Lorenzo :angel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DAVIDYR1 @ Feb 23 2007, 09:38 PM) [snapback]1425136[/snapback]</div>
Some more details...

The only available dates are May 12th or May 19th. I have those dates on hold for one week. As of March 2nd I'll need to confirm one of those 2 dates.
I was hoping that the first weekend of June was free but they booked that just this morning so...MAY 12 OR MAY 19.

Please chime in with what you think. I will personally lean towards the 19th.
I'd also really like to get an idea of how many people would be attending...if you think you'd like to make it but are unsure, please say so. If you're sure you'll be coming, again...just say so. :)

Also those of you who'd be setting up displays can you chime in and say so? That way I can start to get an idea of how many tables we'll need.

Lastly, there's an area on the floor that has tiles so IF any of you RD guys are bringing one down...there's a fair sized area for him to roll around on. The rest of the area is carpet.
Washrooms are around the corner....we'll have ice water set up on a separate table..and for now that's it I suppose.

Please speak up for the date...and if you'd be attending.
Thanks.

David
[/b]

David I'm leaning more towards the 12th only because of the Motor City Comic-Con in Detroit on the 19th but if it's on the 19th, I'll just have to pick which one I guess.

I'll be bringing R2 so tile floor is better but commercial carpet works too.

Would it be all right If I invited another TO R2 Builder to come? He's not an RPF'er but would apprreciate all the cool stuff.

Heath

The 19th is fine for me. I'd probably bring a few things as well, so a table would be good.

I also have a few friends that are interested in coming (2-3) to see what its all about.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Kahnt @ Feb 25 2007, 07:24 AM) [snapback]1426209[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DAVIDYR1 @ Feb 24 2007, 02:23 PM) [snapback]1425703[/snapback]
[/b]

Doubtful they will change. I'm getting officially married on May 19th so I hope it doesn't change. :lol

(The reason I say officially married is because we already have three kids so it's just a legality I suppose :lol)
[/b][/quote]

Well that's certainly a good reason to miss this...LOL.... Congrat's buddy....

LorenzoTOS,
That all sounds great.... Bring whatever you can. Looking forward to seeing you.

slightlyagitatedwookie,
Good point about the MCCC but I still think the 19th is going to be the date. I've gotten a few emails and it seems most prefer the 19th....as do I. :) Sure thing, bring whomever you like...and I do hope that if you have to choose between Toronto and MCCC...that we see you up here instead. :)

Talisen,
That sounds great buddy... Bring your stuff...bring your buds, no worries at all....

David

Whoop just found this thread thanks to Heath. I am in and actually would like a table for a display. Not sure if I can bring R2 but I have other stuff

Alex
Styrofoam Guy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Styrofoam_Guy @ Feb 26 2007, 08:40 AM) [snapback]1426863[/snapback]</div>
Whoop just found this thread thanks to Heath. I am in and actually would like a table for a display. Not sure if I can bring R2 but I have other stuff

Alex
Styrofoam Guy
[/b]

That's great....

OK everyone...I have to confirm the date of the conference room by no later than this Friday..and today is Wednesday. :)

Are we cool with the 19th of May??
It looks that way to me but I'd love to get more feedback please.
Thanks.

David

OK by me. It is the same as MCCC but I'd rather head up to this party so we'll see you all there.

ALEX.. I thought you said you'd never sign up here for fear of being tempted with more "projects" LOL ;)

Heath

The date sounds good to me.

As for signing up as you can see I have a very low post count :)

I signed up a while back to follow a specific thread. I don't surf the forums as I am sure I will be tempted.

Alex
Styrofoam Guy

Yeah Alex, you have to be careful on these forums. I blame them for my lack of R2 progress. And you'll see what I mean at this party.

Ken

Ok everyone,
MAY 19th is the Prop Party Date. I've confirmed the room with the hotel. :)

I'm leaving the entire morning of the 19th for all those who want to set up and get their tables in order at that time. The Prop Party would officially start at 1:00PM. Of course, some will be setting up even later on in the day and that's totally fine too. Those who can do it earlier, no problem. Need to do it later....no problem either. I will be posting the hotel details for anyone needing a room in the next few days. When booking your rooms you'll have a password for the room discount too. More info to come, but the date is set. :)

I'm grateful for the people who've been responding to this thread and you guys are the reason I've decided to give this a shot this year....

More info to come.

It'll be great to see some R2's running around.. Always loved that little guy. :) We might even be getting some people flying in from overseas...should be cool to meet some of the European collectors as well. We'll see as the date gets closer if these guys can make it too.
In the meantime, thanks to all for having made this happen. Without you folks, I'd be alone in a large room with all my goodies..... :lol :love

David

Anyone know the latest rules governing passports for coming and going from the US? I know there was a new regulation put in this January but I'm not sure if that's for flights only, or what.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back