Toronto Prop Party. May 19th Confirmed

Jonny5 chiming in.
I am making plans to attend the <strike>New Market</strike> Aurora G2G.
I'll need a room at the hotel for Friday and possibly Saturday night.
5 hour drive in from Rome NY. It'd only be 2 hours if I could rent a
hover craft to cross the lake. I'll bring my 70% complete R2-D2.
(hope I can get it to 80% by May) If there is gonna be room to run
around I will also bring the R/C Mouse droid.

I've never set foot in Canada before.
This should be fun.

jonny5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DAVIDYR1 @ Jan 31 2007, 05:16 PM) [snapback]1408677[/snapback]</div>
if you think you'd like to make it but are unsure, please say so.
If you're sure you'll be coming, again...just say so. :)

[/b]

RPF STAFF.? When the heck did that happen Chris?

Congrats btw and to keep this on topic, Have fun ya'll. Won't be able to make that date on my end (Nova Scotia) as I have a wedding (Not Chris' to attend)...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Kahnt @ Mar 8 2007, 12:08 PM) [snapback]1434779[/snapback]</div>
Good idea. Ill do that right now.
[/b]

Hey thanks a bunch buddy... I didnt even think of asking it to be stuck up top. :)

It's too bad some of you guys wont be able to make it but, I certainy appreciate the kind sentiment and well wishes for the weekend. There's still plenty of time, so...I hope things can change by then. ( for some, the wedding guys....ummm, no...go get married instead.....:) )

Hotel details soon.
We've locked in the discounted rates for those needing rooms, and I'm just wating for the contract to be returned to me and I'll get all the remaing info up.
I think we're going to have a fun weekend...well, keeping my fingers crossed for now....... :p

David

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NEKROFANATIC @ Mar 8 2007, 01:47 PM) [snapback]1434786[/snapback]</div>
RPF STAFF.? When the heck did that happen Chris?
[/b]

Today. :)

I'm still waiting for an official announcement from the staff. Someone get in touch with one of the admin and tell them to give me the announcement I deserve. :lol :lol :lol

So, if I want to bring my droid, how much are the drayage fees?

but seriously, I will need to know the name of
the hotel so I can book a room for the weekend.

I'm gonna make this the poor mans C4.

Plane tickets? $300
Exhibitor badge $120
Hotel? $150/x 6 days

Skipping C4 to hang out with harcore fans... Priceless.

jonny5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonny5 @ Mar 8 2007, 01:03 PM) [snapback]1434844[/snapback]</div>
So, if I want to bring my droid, how much are the drayage fees?

but seriously, I will need to know the name of
the hotel so I can book a room for the weekend.

I'm gonna make this the poor mans C4.

Plane tickets? $300
Exhibitor badge $120
Hotel? $150/x 6 days

Skipping C4 to hang out with harcore fans... Priceless.

jonny5
[/b]

Skipping C4 to hang out with hardcore fans...Priceless... :thumbsup
Dude....Remind me to give you a big hug when you show up.... B)

I just added all the hotel details and info for reserving your rooms back in the first post of this thread.
Have a look...and make your reservations accordingly.

My phone number is posted there too so anyone needing to contact me can do so.

See you guys there.

David

Bugger... I'd love to attend (I'm in Ottawa, so it would be only a four or five hour drive to get there), as in all the time I've been in this hobby I have yet to make it out to one of these events, but unfortunately I have no means to do so *sigh*. Ah well, there's always next time... and I seriously doubt this will be the last prop gathering of this sort... heh B)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eric Ardros @ Mar 10 2007, 10:37 AM) [snapback]1436601[/snapback]</div>
Bugger... I'd love to attend (I'm in Ottawa, so it would be only a four or five hour drive to get there), as in all the time I've been in this hobby I have yet to make it out to one of these events, but unfortunately I have no means to do so *sigh*. Ah well, there's always next time... and I seriously doubt this will be the last prop gathering of this sort... heh B)
[/b]

Hey fellow Canuk...

I do hope you can make it. I get out to Ottawa a few times a year. Some for work, some for pleasure.
It's not that bad a drive if you can swing it, otherwise the train takes you right into Toronto also.
Like I said...Hope you can swing it...

David

David. Finally made it over to the RPF.

Any word on how much Tables and admission will be? I'm working hard to have all my stuff done well before the event, but also need some info for some other people as well

Thanks boss.

Cam

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GbCam @ Mar 12 2007, 08:28 PM) [snapback]1438653[/snapback]</div>
David. Finally made it over to the RPF.

Any word on how much Tables and admission will be? I'm working hard to have all my stuff done well before the event, but also need some info for some other people as well

Thanks boss.

Cam
[/b]

Hey buddy good to see you over here....

I still dont know for sure how to price all this...I'll have to gamble on the amount of people actually attending. If I new for sure I'd just divide the cost by the number of people but..that's just not possible. I'm thinking along the lines of $5.00 to the attendee's and $15.00 for an exhibitor with no additional charge for extra tables. 1 or more, if you're showing work...I'm looking at about $15.00 per exhibitor. But...of course, if we get a ton of people in there and we realize the jist of it all early enough then we can drop that down to $10.00 instead. I just want to cover the cost of the room...and dont really mind if I have to pay out of pocket for some of it. I just dont want to get stuck with the whole amount.

For now I'd say $5.00 for attendee's...and $15.00 for the exhibitors...and I hope that doesnt sound unreasonable.... :$

David

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DAVIDYR1 @ Mar 11 2007, 12:04 PM) [snapback]1437382[/snapback]</div>
[...]

Hey fellow Canuk...

I do hope you can make it. I get out to Ottawa a few times a year. Some for work, some for pleasure.
It's not that bad a drive if you can swing it, otherwise the train takes you right into Toronto also.
Like I said...Hope you can swing it...

David
[/b]

Right back at ya, my fellow Canadian propper. :D

I'll try to make it to this l'il shindig, although I can't make any promises. As I don't have a car to get down there, I could always take the train. I hadn't actually thought of that option before... :rolleyes

Right back at ya, my fellow Canadian propper. :D

I'll try to make it to this l'il shindig, although I can't make any promises. As I don't have a car to get down there, I could always take the train. I hadn't actually thought of that option before... :rolleyes
[/b]

The train wouldn't be that bad.... I think its one train from Ottawa to Toronto's Union Station, and then there are a few GO Buses that run the newmarket to Union station route all day long. Just don't wear anything too crazy on the bus... the nutbags here in TO may take a liking too you.. haha.

Cam

How open or closed are these events? I would think it wouldbe open to try and get more people to pay admittance. Any problems with me advertising this event in other forums?

Alex
Styrofoam Guy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Styrofoam_Guy @ Mar 20 2007, 08:29 AM) [snapback]1443892[/snapback]</div>
How open or closed are these events? I would think it wouldbe open to try and get more people to pay admittance. Any problems with me advertising this event in other forums?

Alex
Styrofoam Guy
[/b]

Hey Alex,

The best way to define this stuff is open to the prop and costume world of collectors. :) It's already up on a few sites, but if you can reach even more people then by all means...go right ahead. Just please keep it in prop and costume circles.
:)

David

Just a reminder that the rooms are on hold for anyone needing them until the 19th of April. After that they no longer honor the room discounts for the prop party....so book your rooms.... :D

Also, I just want to clarify that the prop party 'itself' will be on the main floor of the hotel, will be full of desks for you all to set up your stuff on....or for those just wanting to attend to see the cool things and mingle, that's totally cool too........The room is huge, so there is plenty of room for anyone wanting to attend. At no point have I closed off this possibility to attend...it's open to ALL, those bringing costumes and props...or those just wanting to meet the people there and see some really neat stuff.
:thumbsup

David

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back