Modified Rubies Grand Heritage Dark Knight Batman

harmfulAdam

I made the "mistake" of buying one the Rubie's Grand Heritage Dark Knight costumes last year before I knew about this site and BOTB. Found out how poor it's overall build quality was, so this year I decided to modify it to be more wearable and better looking.

Here's how it starts out. Big rubber upper body, thigh chaps and boot covers. (The cowl was complete garbage).

Then I decided to cut out everything where the mesh should be. Labeled the chaps:

Used a Plasti-Dip type spray coating on it:

Bought a better cowl on eBay, I got the Batarangs laser cut at work.

Then I cut out all the pieces of the upper body and separated the chest and began spraying.

The cape that comes with the costume isn't too bad, but I liked the way TDK one looks better so I bought a bunch of micro-velvet and began cape building

Glued the armour pieces onto a mesh suit I had a local seamstress make

I wanted the cape to attach in through the shoulder armour like in the film.

Also I bought the Gotham 100s for boots and the cheaper plastic belt.

The weight of the cape pulled back the shoulder pads pretty good and the armour on the mesh pulled down there so I made and anchor to sort of create an equilibrium between the two.

I also cut the rubber gloves off the gauntlets and trimmed them to fit better.

Suit Up Halloween 2013, overall I'm much happier where it is from where it started out.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back