Santa Claus The Movie (1985) Dudley Moore

marooncartoon

Hi guys,

Thought I'd start a topic about this film props etc. Any stories of cool finds or interesting stuff that you might have from this film?

Basically, I'm a collector and am always on the look out for pretty much anything from this SCTM.

My collection is made up mainly of collectibles ie press kit, Marvel comic, McDonalds, figures, badges/stickers etc, but my prized possession is a wooden toy plane used in the film which I got from Propstore. I missed out on a load of bits and pieces from them at the time, but that's life.

There used to be one of the Elves beds in Planet Hollywood in Dublin, when it was still open. Would have loved that:)

Anyone got any stuff they want to part with?

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Thought I'd start a topic about this film props etc. Any stories of cool finds or interesting stuff that you might have from this film?

Basically, I'm a collector and am always on the look out for pretty much anything from this SCTM.

My collection is made up mainly of collectibles ie press kit, Marvel comic, McDonalds, figures, badges/stickers etc, but my prized possession is a wooden toy plane used in the film which I got from Propstore. I missed out on a load of bits and pieces from them at the time, but that's life.

There used to be one of the Elves beds in Planet Hollywood in Dublin, when it was still open. Would have loved that:)

Anyone got any stuff they want to part with?

I do not but the price range for props from this film is impressive. Click Link....Sleigh with animatronic puppets and reindeer from Santa Claus: The Movie - Prop Archives : original movie props, screen used wardrobe

Last edited:
I'm afraid I can't let these go. The film is too close to my childhood heart....but I thought that you would appreciate seeing them. The shirt I found a few years ago at auction and the autograph I received after writing to David Huddleston....and yes, I started my letter Dear Santa :)

I'm afraid I can't let these go. The film is too close to my childhood heart....but I thought that you would appreciate seeing them. The shirt I found a few years ago at auction and the autograph I received after writing to David Huddleston....and yes, I started my letter Dear Santa :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/dimnexus/RPF BOARD PROPS/santaClaus.jpg

Hey Kurt,

FANTASTIC! Well done :) I saw that shirt on Ebay at the time, and the only reason I didn't bid, is that it didn't come with a COA... but in retrospect, I TOTALLY and COMPLETELY regret not bidding! But so glad it went to a good home, from the sounds of it... so really well done on that mate :)

I also missed out on this
http://www.yourprops.com/BZ-Toys-BZ-Desk-Ornament-original-movie-prop-Santa-Claus-1985-YP69927.html

I was outbid at 2 seconds to the end of the listing!! I was GUTTED!!

I seem to have really bad luck when it comes to SCTM Ebay bidding :-( But as long as they go to a good home... well that's not so bad :)

I, like you Kurt, have a very very special place in my heart for this film... it hold an ENORMOUS amount of nostalgia for me and means a lot to me... can't wait to watch it again in December :)

Did you manage to get the 3 cd special edition score that came out a while back?

Oh cool! I never saw that! I'm sorry you missed it, though I'm willing to bet I may know who won it. In Cleveland, Ohio there is a Christmas museum run by Mark Klaus who has a lot of Christmas items from various films including Cousin Eddie's RV from Christmas Vacation.....the slide from A Christmas Story and items from SCTM, and I recall him posting on Facebook that he was looking for more items from that movie.....so I wouldn't be surprised.......I don't believe that mine is the 3 Disc set,...I will have to look into that. I remember being disappointed that the behind the scenes documentary wasn't on my disc, which I remember seeing as a kid. I HOPE it's on the 3 Disc set!

- - - Updated - - -

Can you imagine finding the wooden statue of Patch? I wonder if it's in Dudley Moore's estate. Talk about a score that would be!

Oh cool! I never saw that! I'm sorry you missed it, though I'm willing to bet I may know who won it. In Cleveland, Ohio there is a Christmas museum run by Mark Klaus who has a lot of Christmas items from various films including Cousin Eddie's RV from Christmas Vacation.....the slide from A Christmas Story and items from SCTM, and I recall him posting on Facebook that he was looking for more items from that movie.....so I wouldn't be surprised.......I don't believe that mine is the 3 Disc set,...I will have to look into that. I remember being disappointed that the behind the scenes documentary wasn't on my disc, which I remember seeing as a kid. I HOPE it's on the 3 Disc set!

- - - Updated - - -

Can you imagine finding the wooden statue of Patch? I wonder if it's in Dudley Moore's estate. Talk about a score that would be!

I have always wondered about that Patch statue... although, I found out that I think Dudley's son has that now.

Just to be clear, the 3cd special edition I was referring too was the this http://www.quartetrecords.com/santa-claus-the-movie.html and not a dvd/bly-ray release. I can't believe it's still available. I LOVE this score... and it's a superb release too. They did a fantastic job on the remastering.

There was a load of SCTM stuff from Propstore a good few years back, that I wish I had purchased, but I didn't have the money at the time. There was a wooden toy boat, car and windmill, a SCTM crew jumper (I would have loved that) and Elf beard extensions... and along with those items, was the wooden toy plane that my Fiancee bought me :)

I would have loved to have bought this, but it was a lot of money. http://www.proparchives.com/adventu...ppets-and-reindeer-from-santa-claus-the-movie

What else do you have in your SCTM collection? Just out of curiosity :)

- - - Updated - - -

Love the movie, and I agree, the wooden statue of Patch would be a pretty nice score.

I totally agree! Aside from how sentimental this film is to me... I genuinely feel it gets a hard wrap! OK, it's far from perfect and the second half's story is a bit weak, but I think it really stands up! Maybe a director like Richard Donner would have brought more strength to the film in terms of direction etc??... but that was never going to happen!!
it's a shame this movie gets looked down apon. a GREAT christmas classic from the people who brought us Christopher reeve as superman.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back