Oblivion - Jack Harper - Jacket and pants detail pattern template

Detailing on that one is much better. The rear "tail" plate still isn't right, but overall it's not bad. Too bad it's $325 though.
I know, that's not much money when it comes to costumes, but when you're broke... :)

Agreed!....but I'm guessing Kevin's jacket isn't going to be cheap.
I justified the cost of mine by using it as a protective jacket for when I'm out on my motorcycle.

Now that Kevin's jacket is completed...and it's completely awesome...I am interested in adding the armor to my leather jacket from LeathersClub.
I am considering using craft foam to fabricate the panels and using contact cement. I intend to paint and weather the foam panels with latex acrylic paint.
I plan to add the chest panels, shoulder panels with the tet pattern, and possibly elbow panels, but not sure if foam will be rugged enough. Any input or suggestions?
Kevin, I know you went to great lengths (and apparently some frustration) with the armor panels for your jacket. Any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks wildheart. :)

I guess you'll be able to use foam or thin rubber sheets as armor, the only problem is gonna be the elbow, as it need to be flexed constantly, and glue might come off. So my suggestion is actually leave the elbow armor out and concentrate on other. As long as all the armor pieces have same color, people won't notice the elbow.

I guess I'll show off my jacket here as well. :p

oblivion%20jacket%20roof%2001.jpg

I bleached a pair of khakis and sewed on vinyl fabric from the craft store
I missed your pants comment, it's pretty clever! :thumbsup

Thanks for the advice Kevin! Do you have any idea what material was used for the chest armor on the original movie jackets?
I've been researching other materials that I might try...worbla, wonder flex, etc...

That's an update of my armor,
I'll post here some picture to show how the works goes on.
I hope to finish the full jacket in time for winter,
hope you like!
Proportions first step:
1.jpg2.jpg4.jpg

Project:
5.jpg6.jpg

Printing and sanding:
7.jpg8.jpg

and again...
9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg
12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg

Hope to have other to show soon...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back