Ash J. Williams - Evil Dead

seancoleman

I have named this costume The Remake
Not because of the recent remake movie but because this is a remake of my very first cosplay

I originally made this costume for the 300th show of the Evil Dead musical in Toronto
The first one I made was rushed and I didn't know a quarter of the stuff I know now, so I decided to resurrect this awesome costume

The one thing from my original costume i loved was the Chainsaw I made from an orange juice container
So I am rebuilding everything but the chainsaw

This is where I started
Found the shirt and pants at Value Village
and the shotgun was luckily found at a small store near my house. I got it for $5

I will be adding picture of each piece per post

Groovy!

THE CHAINSAW

The chainsaw was made built out of an orange juice container
the blade from a cheap fake chainsaw you can buy at walmart during halloween
and a bunch of random found pieces

The chainsaw was signed by the cast of the Evil Dead: The Musical in Toronto at their 300th show

For the remake costume I am going to be adding more paint to the blade (blacken it) and adding a fair amount of fake blood

This is my BOOMSTICK!!

I love this shotgun. I am so happy with the way it turned out

I was lucky enough to randomly find this toy shotgun in a small discount store for about $5

I cut off the barrel to an appropriate boomstick size
and removed a few "decorative" pieces that made the gun look like a western shotgun

I dissembled the gun, shaded down every piece and sprayed it with a clear primer so the wood grain texture would still come through

The black pieces I spray painted with a flat black paint and dry brushed a silver paint for the scratch marks and wear and tear
The "wood" pieces I hand painted so it didnt look "perfect"
After the first coat of base brown, I assembled the gun and using a darker brown, painted random lines and marks and then wiped off the paint right away
which gives the look of the darker wood grain
I went over with multiple layers for the dirty parts

I am incredibly happy with how this turned out

Shop smart, shop S-Mart!!!

The Harness

To save money and my sanity I am not going 100% screen accurate with this costume
So for the harness I went away from the brown leather straps and used what I had at hand
black nylon strapping

I attached all the straps using my duct tape torso as a guide (which was a life saver)
It turned out better than I thought and fits perfectly

I havnt decided if im going to leave the button the color they are or plaint them black to blend in

Next up is the holster

Looking good, can't wait to see the finished product!

I really like the build on the chainsaw and the mods to the boomstick. Good stuff.

I did'nt get many shots of this costume myself and after scouring the Internet only found 1!! and it's blurry

But here are some

One of my makeup done by my friend and makeup artist

Blurry costume shot

and last a must have selfie with my friend deadpool

I forgot to show a progress shot of my holster
so here it is

this was something that magically came together. I couldnt afford to get leather or faux leather so I used something cheap.
In this case, an old plastic reusable grocery bag.

I cut it apart, and painted it brown and then realize because of all the wrinkles in the bag it actually kinda looked like leather!

I sewed the edge punched out holes for the brown shoelace to go through
which does nothing to hold it together but i thought it looked cool

The holster held up better than I thought it would and survived the whole day

I am trying to put together an Ash outfit. Having a hard time with the harness. Can you give some so ideas or tips or step guide for one?

This costume looks bad ass!!! Can I ask you what is the width of the straps that you used for the harness? I'm trying to put together a costume my self for a fun Zombifest we have up here in the Shetland islands. Far too many zombies, needs an Ash!!!!!! ;)
The Harness

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu172/mohawkd/photo32_zpsfb5fee1f.jpg
http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/...a-94c1-4336-8847-d8587b38fc8b_zps0c47e0f5.jpg

To save money and my sanity I am not going 100% screen accurate with this costume
So for the harness I went away from the brown leather straps and used what I had at hand
black nylon strapping

I attached all the straps using my duct tape torso as a guide (which was a life saver)
It turned out better than I thought and fits perfectly

I havnt decided if im going to leave the button the color they are or plaint them black to blend in

Next up is the holster

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back