Creed (Post-release)

Re: "Creed" a new Rocky movie in the works.

I got excited for a second hahaha

creed-bratton-the-office.jpg

I have to admit i have never been a big fan of the Rocky films but the last one really surprised me.

Can't say I'm particularly interested but as others have said, the last one surprised me. It was quite a nice film I thought.

would be kinda hard not to use footage of carl weathers......weathers refused to let stallone use footage in the movie rockey....they had to shoot all the flash back scenes with a different actor

and i wouldnt pay $13 to see this film...i will wait until it appears on hbo.

It wasn't that he refused so much as that he wanted way too much money. It's funny in one of the cut scenes they blurred out his picture.

that makes more sense then what i read online....i read from one source that he wanted a role in the new rockey film even though his character was dead....

and i didnt notice the picture blur...i need to check that out next time i watch the film.....

any bets that it will be Creed vs a retired Ivan Drago?

would be kinda hard not to use footage of carl weathers......weathers refused to let stallone use footage in the movie rockey....they had to shoot all the flash back scenes with a different actor

and i wouldnt pay $13 to see this film...i will wait until it appears on hbo.

Why did he do that??

Let it go already, for godsakes. Rocky was a one-movie idea; the sequels stink. Come up with something new.

Yet the sequels were enjoyed by millions. even if Rocky 5 wasnt great it was still a great series of movies and glad that they are going with a Balboa as trainer (he was a trainer in 5 aswell but i try to forget that one :p)

I liked 1-4 and 6.

3 and 4 were fun for what they were. No real "meaning" to them like the first (and to a lesser extent 2 and 6) but still fun.

They will have an uphill battle making me care for the Creed kid though. I'll reserve judgement.

ROcky 4? NO MEANING?

favorite line: No, maybe I can't win. Maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself.

ROcky 4? NO MEANING?

favorite line: No, maybe I can't win. Maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself.

Comparatively of course.

Rocky 1 was a story about a wasted life who got a chance to prove something to himself. It's a very touching story.

Rocky 2 was about daring to believe that he could actually be the best.

Rocky 6 was about this: It ain't About How Hard You Hit_HD - YouTube

Stripped down to it's most simple human element Rocky 4 was a revenge flick. Don't get me wrong, I loved it and it was done well.

Stripped down to it's most simple human element Rocky 4 was a revenge flick. Don't get me wrong, I loved it and it was done well.

I have to admit that Rocky 4 is probably my favorite movie of the series. Yes, it's drenched in political overtones for the time period but it's still a great movie. The training scene is by far the best of the series and I still listen to the training music on my iPod when I go to gym, 1:00 into the following video is when the good stuff starts:-

Last edited by a moderator:

Really liked the first, Rocky IV - "I must break you" and the last one :)
But this does not sound like a good idea

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back