Creed (Post-release)

I liked it. The questions asked here were dealt with well enough. Definitely a few nice nods to the past, and the spirit of the old movies, while still being its own thing.

I love the character Rocky, and simply thought this was going to be a mindless sequel cash grab. I'm so happy I was wrong. What a moving film. I won't spoil it, but just wow. The scene when they were walking the steps. I dare you not to shed a tear.

Still have very little interest, but the reviews have been so overwhelmingly good... I just might have to check this out.

Enjoyed this. A little simple but thats kind of what you want - great mix of modern with nostalgia and some good fight scenes, well choreographed. Stallone knocks it out of the park in terms of yet another era of this same character. Great stuff. Jordan channels the right amount of anguish with a good hint of innocence. Its nothing brand new but its a good watch and fits in very nicely with the continuity etc.

Caught this yesterday evening, I went into it knowing it was a part of the Rocky franchise; I expected a hard upbringing, uphill battle, and deep emotion with Rocky as a mentor. Wow it actually delivered MORE than I expected! Lots of nods to the previous films, yet not enough to overshadow the new story. I liked the "it was kind of a secret" line :lol Stallone still has it when playing a convincing Rocky, I didn't see the 80's action star Stallone, I seen Rocky Balboa who has lived a tough life in and out of the ring.

Michael B Jordan has always been a favorite of mine, he sells the Creed character perfect and I really liked the authenticity that he brought. He didn't feel like a typecast character even though it is in the Rocky world and most of the stories have similarities. I also expected a great score beforehand, and it was there to bring out that classic emotion from the previous stories. Man these films know how to pull those emotions outta you! Very good addition to the films, I didn't pay $13, bit it was worth the $9.25 and would see it again :thumbsup :thumbsup

Finally got to see this, and was blown away. This was very well done and has expertly set itself up for a good trilogy.

Sly knocks this out of the park, the best I've seen of him for a good while, I see he got the Golden Globe for it, I'm really glad he got some recognition, he really stole this at every turn.

Everything about the film just worked. Even my parents who laugh at the mere mention of Sylvester Stallone thought he was fantastic.

My wife liked it too and she is quite uninterested in both Stallone and boxing. I think they hit some very powerful moments in there, for both characters.

I'm from Liverpool and an Everton fan, so it was fantastic for me to see a fellow scouser in a Rocky film, he did a fair job too. Although I did give the wife some stick, that we move to the opposite side of the country (her home town) and they go on a film a Rocky movie less then 10 minutes away from our old house!!

Finally saw this
Wow
I love all the Rocky movies but this one OWNED!
I'll admit i teared up.
Amazing flick and u wouldn't mind seeing it move forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a movie! I too initially thought it was another attempt to milk the franchise but I'm glad to be proven wrong. Its basically a remake of the first Rocky, complete with the inspiring running scene and the final match result. But its so well made and the characters are so well fleshed out that it feels fresh. And I just love how they snuck Gonna Fly Now (albeit bits of it) in the final match. Sly definitely deserves that Golden Globe for his performance here. A worthy entry into the franchise and a nice "passing the torch" from the old to the new.

Ok so I'm only an hour into the film and, while I like it a lot, maybe the rave reviews set my expectations too high. In fairness I'm only an hour in. I'm writing because the wife got home and I won't finish till tomorrow so I'm posting my initial thoughts.

I like Sylverster as the weathered, reluctant trainer but, Clint Eastwood's performance in Million Dollar Baby really towers over this one. I can't help but compare because the role is basically the same.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back