Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Well I agree that yes, in a real world sense blacked out eyes are ridiculous.
But to me it just looks wrong without it.

It's similar to the Spiderman movies with his mask seam. You never see the seam when he's wearing the full suit simply because there isn't one. But he's still able, miraculously, to pull off his mask. Wouldn't work in real life but for the movie it's a suspension of disbelief thing.

All I know is when I see someone who's wearing a Bats costume without the blacked out eyes it always looks unfinished to me.

Blacked out eyes always bothered me.

I always saw Batman as suiting up, getting the anger and adrenaline going, then going out to do his thing.
I never saw him sitting in a BTS theatre chair and doing his make up like a circus clown...there's also that bit in Batman Returns where he rips his rubber mask off... when it's on, there's make up, when it comes off, Look Ma!!!!! No make up!

It also means that after a nights crusading, he'd have to sit in that chair again with the actors cold-cream and wipes......i just don't see it.

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blacked out eyes always bothered me.

I always saw Batman as suiting up, getting the anger and adrenaline going, then going out to do his thing.
I never saw him sitting in a BTS theatre chair and doing his make up like a circus clown...there's also that bit in Batman Returns where he rips his rubber mask off... when it's on, there's make up, when it comes off, Look Ma!!!!! No make up!

It also means that after a nights crusading, he'd have to sit in that chair again with the actors cold-cream and wipes......i just don't see it.

Rich

The actor blacks out their eyes, Batman doesn't.

...there's also that bit in Batman Returns where he rips his rubber mask off... when it's on, there's make up, when it comes off, Look Ma!!!!! No make up!
Actually, in that scene Keaton has the black around his eyes until just before he rips the cowl off. There's a quick cut to Michelle Pfeiffer (I think; it's been a while since I've seen it), then back to Keaton, and for a brief moment he suddenly doesn't have the black around his eyes even though he's still wearing the cowl. From the first time I saw the movie I thought that moment was poorly executed. (To be honest, I thought the entire movie was poorly executed, but that's another discussion for another thread.)

As I'm sure everyone here knows, in the comics Batman's eyes have always been white or (in some of the more recent graphics/artwork) colored to represent mirrored lenses. I'm guessing the various movie producers haven't figured out a way to replicate that look on screen while still allowing the actors to see clearly (except for that brief "sonar suit" scene in The Dark Knight), so the blacked-out eyes became the standard. While I agree it would be silly to show Bruce Wayne applying or removing the black eye makeup, until something better comes along I prefer the blacked-out eyes to non-blacked-out-eyes.

I've brightened up the picture a bit and to me it definitely seems as if there's no eye makeup going on. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406358833.876298.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good to me from what i can see of it. I'd like to see a full sized official pic though.

------------update-------------
Looks like I spoke too soon lol. Love it!

I like that the boots are wedge heeled instead of stiletto's. They would certainly be more practical to do whatever fighting she does.

Last edited:
I like the Wonder Woman pic, but I wish the colors (are they in there?) weren't QUITE so muted. Bring out the yellow and red a LITTLE, but not so much they look like the colors of Linda Carter's WW.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back