Matty Ghostbusters Proton Wand

This would be good to cosplay without fear of damaging a resin thrower. I wore a Proton Pack once for Halloween to a club, that was the LAST time!

I suggested a few years back on their forums of doing just the wand if not the proton pack as my sons had led a bunch of smaller kids through a local haunted house letting them hold our spare wands without packs. It was a huge hit with the kids and it would keep the overall cost down for collectors as well give the overall collects a feel of having most of the costume. Looks like Matty listened.

The wand is very nice, super for the toy version and I think absolutely not bad, quite excellent actually given the features. A great way to revitalize the prop line after the last few failures by Matty.

People still don't understand that there is no excuse for inventing dimensions on a prop replica when the real dimensions are known (by us and by Universal).

Such a lack of effort is stomach turning. This thing is just a fantasy plastic toy, and not a proton wand replica. If only the dimensions were right it would all be fine.

Matty knows nothing about craftsmanship.

I plan to get one, I have most all the parts to build a really great pack and thrower, but if I get this one I can slap it on my crappy pack I troop with now. It will give me lights sounds and it looks more accurate than my current thrower, also it enables me to spend more time making sure my good pack will be the best it can be instead of rushing through it.

I also plan to get one. There is no way I will be able to ever build my own pack, so this is probably the best way.

This is probably not the right thread to ask this (sorry, there's a lot of threads on this subject), but who builds/sells finished movie-accurate proton packs?

I've heard about videobob, but...well....I've heard about videobob :rolleyes

I'm not really sure I've ran across anyone who produces complete, accurate packs on a regular basis. Except VideoBob, and you should avoid him like the plague.
You can post a WTB thread on GBFans. Expect to pay well over a thousand dollars and get some flack from the fanboys over there. My first post was a WTB thread there (in the proper forum) and they tried to rip me to shreds... for posting that I wanted to buy a ghost trap. Ohh-kayyy... :facepalm

I'm not really sure I've ran across anyone who produces complete, accurate packs on a regular basis. Except VideoBob, and you should avoid him like the plague.
You can post a WTB thread on GBFans. Expect to pay well over a thousand dollars and get some flack from the fanboys over there. My first post was a WTB thread there (in the proper forum) and they tried to rip me to shreds... for posting that I wanted to buy a ghost trap. Ohh-kayyy... :facepalm

Why were they so harsh when you just wanted a ghost trap?

So, I looked at the matty website (shudder). Looks like there is a way to order as an earlybird in december, how does one go about this?

So, I looked at the matty website (shudder). Looks like there is a way to order as an earlybird in december, how does one go about this?

"Early Access" is for people who have a subscription to one of their monthly figure series. No way to get in if you're not already a subscriber. General admission is the following Monday (12/16/13).

You have to already have an existing membership to one of Mattel's club subscriptions. With Ghostbusters, the irony is their hasn't been a Club Ecto-1 since at least 2011. With lack of sufficient subscribers, Mattel cancelled that club membership long ago.

Mattel only offers club subscriptions certain times of years. Unless something has changed, its too late. I would presume like with the Ecto Goggles, the very next day their should be enough Nutrino (Nutrona) Wands for most ghostheads who were going to buy them anyway.

Thanks, guys. Not sure how well this is going to sell but I would like to pick one up (warts and all). I remember the PKE was a nightmare to buy on the day, the trap was pretty smooth sailing though.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back