Scratchbuilt Jabba's Sailbarge / Khetanna custom Toy and Model WIP

Thanks a lot guys!

man.. thats just beautiful !! take a shot from distance of the whole cabin please... ! thats just great !

Thnaks...but I cannot go more far then this:

IMG_0563a.jpg

Well....as you all can see: Figures are completley in there. Whats laying on the floor now goes into the drawers. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to both of you! :cool

UPDATE:

All pictures from this update can be found here:
]http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#05jun201

Okay...wow...it has been forever I think. The last update is almost eight month back!!! Shocking!! I am very sorry for those who waited patiently.

Well moving went fine and nearly nothing broke (one window so far). I lost some sketches which is nothing to worry about but it lasted till I have rethought how I started to plan the handrails...which is a bit annonying.

Well today I just started....finally....and this update is really not that spectacular, but you can see: I am going on with it...the project is still alive!

Making the railing to the rear of the ship: I mainly use five layers of polystyrene to built the railing (glued together piece after piece so I don't have to bend one large pice at once). The struts are made out of wood....the rest can be seen well in the pics I guess.

Khetanna_359.jpg

Khetanna_360.jpg

Khetanna_361.jpg

Khetanna_362.jpg

Khetanna_363.jpg

Khetanna_364.jpg

Khetanna_365.jpg

Khetanna_366.jpg

I hope you like this "tiny" progress!

Wolff

UPDATE:

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#06jun2015

The railings are coming along nicely. They are roughly put together now and also roughly sanded:

Khetanna_367.jpg

Khetanna_368.jpg

Khetanna_369.jpg

Khetanna_370.jpg

I noticed a mistake today....well honestly it was three mistakes but I could corrrect two of those (only one pictured ;) ). The last one is concerning the railing to the middle part: I haven't payed attention to the "curving" on the back regarding the front. It simply doesn't match the front railing when I try to put the middle railing straight. I was almost mad because of it, but then I noticed the same on the ILM model....funny....seems they did the same mistake and also came up with the very same solution....more soon...

I hope you like this progress!

Wolff

Even small updates are welcome on your projects. I bet a lot more than a "small" amount of work went into what is shown in this update. That railing is coming along nicely. Looking forward to further updates.

Thanks a lot guys...and hahahaha Sym-Cha. ;)

Well...the kit thing: i try my best when I am done with building and before painting. I cant promise anything but will have a try with the German experts here on board.

UPDATE:

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#26jun2015

I worked a lot on the ship, but oh well.....you won't see much progress. I decided to make an update to mainly show what I am going through and that I am really back to get this one finsihed.

First of all I made the railings to the middle part. The ship should stay detachable (front, middle and rear) so this one was a very tough one. I had to think of a detachable solution for this one with it still beeing stable and the transition beeing nearly invisible.

Khetanna_371.jpg

Khetanna_372.jpg

Khetanna_373.jpg

Khetanna_374.jpg

Khetanna_375.jpg

Khetanna_376.jpg

Khetanna_377.jpg

After that I finally found the time to correct some paneling that annoyed me now for month.

Khetanna_378.jpg

Khetanna_379.jpg

So with the railings complete the hull is defintely fix. No changes anymore. Time to get those transition areas done better. Lots of glueing filling and sanding....very time consuming.

Khetanna_380.jpg

Khetanna_381.jpg

Khetanna_382.jpg

Khetanna_383.jpg

Khetanna_384.jpg

Both doors are btw again full with waving and bending. I needed to correct those also. Again lots of sanding and filling and sanding. Also the nose must have had an issue while moving or later. The whole front is broken and was waving. I am still reparing it and hope this will never happen again. A lot of wasted time on this one. The cracks and the loosening mainly happend to the underground.So its not a serious problem but it needs to be fixed.

Also the transition to the underground needs to be done. The tunnel for the wires is as well detachable and I will need something to make this invisble. Here is some pictures of the progress.

Khetanna_386.jpg

Khetanna_387.jpg

While sanding and filling I thought again about the 24 movable windows. I still have a problem with those which I wanted to fix always before priming. The windows are to instable....too thin. They break when moved to often. So I once decided to glue a steel wire behind. The problem now is that those wires often get teared away because they are only palced at one side. I had to face it to remove them all and redoing them...this time all around...every piece is unique because every window is unique. This is most time consuming and I really really hope this time it pays off.

Khetanna_388.jpg

Khetanna_389.jpg

Khetanna_390.jpg

I really hope I have something more of interest next time. I am working on it, but finsihing the hull is the main goal right now.

Wolff

Guessing this Jabba wont fit in...Hahahahahahaha!

UPDATE:

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#08july2015

I am still in to fixing things that I made once and do not like anymore or even worse...it simply doesn't work anymore.

First of all I started to renew the cables to the front deck. The guitar strings just look way better:
Khetanna_392.jpg

Next I was making the cable tunnels to the undersurface:
Khetanna_394.jpg

Khetanna_395.jpg

Khetanna_396.jpg

Khetanna_398.jpg

Then I tried to make some deatils to the hull. A small part for the ship but a lot of work (on top comparison to fullsize film model):
Khetanna_400.jpg

More details for the hull:
Khetanna_402.jpg

Khetanna_404.jpg

Khetanna_405.jpg

Khetanna_406.jpg

In the meanwhile I was wotking again on the many problems around the hull. I really wanted to get at least the lower part of the back done. It was hours and hours of filling and sanding. But finally the door plus the lower back now seem nearly done. A few more hours and I might be ready for priming....
Khetanna_407.jpg

Khetanna_409.jpg

Khetanna_410.jpg

Khetanna_411.jpg

Khetanna_412.jpg

Hope you like it.

Cheers

Wolff

Slow ... but great progress as always ... what's next? I doubt that Jabba is any bigger than the vintage version ... so you better make some room available for Leia to 'sit' next to him :wacko

Chaim

Sloooowwww???? What the heck? :lol I am sanding like a devil!! This needs an aweful lot of time! Seriously...there is so much things I tried to smooth fill sand and smooth again.....this steals time! Thats the problem when you have no plan, clue and are a noob to those things I think :lol

So thanks for the kudos boys and girls!! ;)

UPDATE:

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#11july2015

Primer......mhhhhhh......so here is some beauty shots

(....whatelse to say besides that it was way too hot to get those parts primed. It got a bit "cloudy" which is in fact not really bad, but at least annoying. The dull parts are a bit rough and will be sanded and primed one more time I think):

Khetanna_413.jpg

Khetanna_414.jpg

Khetanna_415.jpg

Khetanna_416.jpg

Khetanna_417.jpg

Khetanna_418.jpg

Khetanna_419.jpg

Khetanna_420.jpg

Khetanna_421.jpg

Khetanna_422.jpg

Khetanna_423.jpg

Hope you like it like I do :D

Cheers

Wolff

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back