Star Trek into Darkness - Khan [Starting on spacejump]

Re: Star Trek into Darkness - Khan [New coat start on page 4]

Got the official fabric in. Might need a bit of greyish dye, but other than that..... it's amazing.

6gOqqcPl.jpg

AIWramFl.jpg

EcNATjfl.jpg

EDIT:
Couldn't resist taking pics...

GbRIOxYl.jpg

j63bFnhl.jpg

LR1ZCL4l.jpg

9t5grbCl.jpg

Last edited:

Went to F.A.C.T.S. Belgium. It was quite fun!

Saturday:

t3EKkInl.jpg

2V7ujHpl.jpg

ilsMBSEl.jpg

BpsYApxl.jpg

Sunday:

0EDIQNql.jpg

nlylNTgl.jpg

afN5ZOCl.jpg

vuCdY6sl.jpg

DxsS2bul.jpg

NSPPtMKl.jpg

RfOxDH6l.jpg

You look awesome! :D How'd the cannon turn out? I was (sort of - the terminology was all Greek to me!) following your electronics thread too.

Unfortunately, the effect I was working on had to be demounted and re-soldered over the course of next week. Although I think I might wait until after MCM London, because of the short time I have.

jcyIykyl.jpg

in the meantime, i've been working on this one again.

Ok so I 'finished' the silver coat.

I am FAR from happy, and will remake it. I will do it again. And again. until it is perfect. It will do for now, but I REALLY dislike how I finished it. Mainly because of a measuring error and me trying to fix it. Also; I need better and more rigid fabric.
But well..enjoy the shoot.

K5PgPiVl.jpg

letDxbKl.jpg

Q1JeB2Sl.jpg

yi0sgKkl.jpg

cNTYbM4l.jpg

KsHHGkdl.jpg

9pEu9aLl.jpg

Sv7wFafl.jpg

Ok, I've had a bit of a break from working on Khan, as I made verka serduchka. Which was hilarious but bothersome (I find glitter everywhere..)

Now that's over, there will be a bit of a break between any project. I will start again in September I think, when I've moved to the UK and have all the resources at hand as I'll be studying propmaking & Special effects. The first thing I wanted to work on was the Spacejump costume (I already think of how to incorporate as many pockets as possible in this one.). A nice part to start on would be the helmet and I'm thinking of vacuforming acrylic and engrave the HUD. However a student told me that it might work better if I engraved the acrylic first and THEN vacuform it.

I'm not so sure, what do you guys think? Here are the first few references I have. I need more, but I've got BTS footage which I can use.

t8oTEJPl.jpg

Oiv9s93l.jpg

tOZZ5HFl.jpg

ACFsOnRl.png

SO. This is fabulous, for starts, and to assist as best i can with the helmet - engraving it first would be easier! but you'd need good drawing skills and instincts to be able to predict how the plastic will form once heated, because you may get the HUD diagram perfect, but then you form it and all of a sudden you realise its warped out of place. I'd advise using a carving tool to hand-etch the detail in, if you have a steady hand, because that at least means you can place the HUD where you want in the visor once it's been made to your eye level. (try not to shatter the acrylic, it can be a little temperamental, believe me)
But, to be fair, i don't advise a HUD at all, you want want it there all the time, and even if you don't light it, it'll be very distracting and out of place. But, otherwise, you are doing wonderful things and i wish you the best of all luck!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back