Star Trek into Darkness - Khan [Starting on spacejump]

Re: Star Trek into Darkness - Khan [Revision]

You could have also just used plastic tubing under the top layer to make the ridges....just a thought.

Edit: I forgot...awesome work.

I haven't found such a thing which would be easy to sew, I'm a starter with sewing. I've got enough fabric to try out different methods. This one worked pretty well when I tested it, but I can always try the tubing thing. But I'd need a lot of help with that. Also; thanks!

In the meanwhile I've been working on the hood.
VjjUZShl.jpg

I also found a great reference by John Eaves considering the cannon.

final%20version.jpg

Found here

And man... am I in love with this man's work. Not just STiD, but all his work. It inspired me to start design sketching again, and I will have to, for several props. The rifle has been drawn by him as well, just as the phaser. No problems there. But the handcuffs are something I need to check as well. But for me, his work and website is absolute bliss.

Got a different kind of colour contact in.

5k12oRTl.png

"These sure look light...is this even going to work?"

RYXtVMEl.jpg

Old versus new. The old ones look weird, dark and fake. They're on the right.

Fa6gGnQl.jpg

But apparently they work.

HvBmdGyl.jpg

Better than I thought they would.

(Yes I need sleep. Things are going really bad at this moment...so I'm having trouble sleeping and working etc.)

Comparison with and without contacts:

10C0dsll.jpg

I won't be getting circle lenses. These come from my actual optician and they have strength. They are very very comfortable and I barely notice them, as opposed to the old ones. I've also been working on the coat, but the sleeves bother me. I don't want to start all over so close to the con so I'll be doing what I can as of now, but after the con, I'll probably see if I can fix some things...

Last edited:

Started waxing. I'll have his arms when I'm done. Oh man...

RXXoDnXl.jpg

YPGzkYGl.jpg

YyBkcULl.jpg

miI07eDl.jpg

Rj9Uwmll.jpg

ctaxfEHl.jpg

Also started on a placeholder pair of trousers (fabric is inaccurate..)

9wx8slPl.jpg

AND trying to get in-character.

9OyU5Url.jpg

yEy4Ymel.jpg

EFeGVHdl.jpg

More waxing on the coat done. Result here:

IHrrih9l.gif

And found new fabric (skai leather) for the trousers:

W7MMrsUl.jpg

xTmst0fl.jpg

N2tz3pql.jpg

fP5pEoIl.jpg

Fm2ThWMl.jpg

The duct tape shows the general area where the piping will be.

KHo5r60l.jpg

This is a FANTASTIC, detailed thread! Your love of the character and the craft really shows! Great job!

Cool. Also is that real leather? Because if it's real leather you probably shouldn't be pinning it. The holes won't go away like they would if it were fabric.

No it's fake leather. (Skai) :) will probably black wash it anyway. A little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

The pockets are sewn on, the piping is prepared and I'm trying to figure out how to create the 'fly' zipper. I've never made something like that and I'm just really confused.
I've also created patterns for the gloves.
The only thing I'm stuck on is the fabric on the shirt/scarf. I know what it is, it's just not available here under that name and I can't find anything that looks like it. A friend of mine in LA actually found the screen-used fabric and we're basically trying to figure out how I can get some too... I'm considering buying through her, but that won't be on time for the con anyway.

I've also decided to take part in the costume competition at F.A.C.T.S. Belgium. I'm trying to think of an act as of now.

lNksFrzl.jpg

Plates on glove still need to be done, but in general, the gloves are ok. The inside is real leather, used inside out, as I didn't have suede and no money to get some. So I wing it. Might have to dye it a little darker eventually, but as of now, I'm ok with it. It's not clear in any of the pictures so....

I also have a friend who found the original fabric used for the shirt. Won't be in time for the con next weekend, but probably in time for FACTS and MCM london.

8x82Uu5l.jpg

E8Sxxzdl.jpg

1hASNODl.jpg

First full suit up. Tomorrow I might have a shoot with rifle and all. Today was a test run. It's not entirely finished, some details like tightening the trousers are still to be done.

I will fix those ASAP and will then start on the cannon. I've found a nice supplier of both foam and sintra-like stuff. Which can be a good base for my cannon.

The longstrike is so.....lovely! But I'll be working on the cannon now first.. I got myself some foam and a rainpipe. Let's see what we can do.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back