Star Trek into Darkness - Khan [Starting on spacejump]

Re: Star Trek into Darkness - Khan [Revision]

Note: No actual Starfleet personnel were harmed during the making of this film...

RIght??

:D

this is so impressive! BTW, I cut about a foot off my hair for a Judge Anderson costume and have kept it short ever since. Very nice work and attention to detail.

I will keep my hair short for a while now too. Maybe in a few years I'll let it grow again... who knows.

Ok I started working on props.

IzfZSDTl.jpg

3qnWcO8l.jpg

When finished

pvjEhAYl.jpg

eyqvtMgl.jpg

oB6qeRZl.jpg

rsOQ4h6l.jpg

GTx9Aiol.png

Might need another layer of silver spraypaint.

Cannon
YyaSSRnl.jpg

vimLIPzl.jpg

Also doing minor modifications to the coat.

Did some more work on the cannon. It's going to be absolutely massive! But it still fits with the actual measurements I made. In fact, I even scaled the cannon down (it's not 1:1!) to make it fit my body better. It's still 1.30m or 4.3" It's still in it's rough stage and working hard to get it more even.

8LS4Kezl.jpg

JCd3JzLl.jpg

mbZEXjAl.jpg

And I tried out a different way to do the makeup a little. I was bothered that I still looked pretty feminine at the con and tried some new contouring with adding the forehead and darkening some more spots. I still need a big brush for the cheekbones and neck. But it looks miles better than the old make-up. I also need a haircut. :lol

NxAOMNXl.jpg

zOpcktPl.jpg

VqiA66sl.jpg

xTuaKIal.jpg

And because I could...(including lens flares! :lol)

uuB7U4Wl.jpg

I also got myself one of these:

usDKc0yl.jpg

Bonus!!

guVcKGFl.jpg

I love it very much. :lol

Ahahaha your pictures are awesome and gave me the giggles. I love the last one, and the lens flare one. I'm also loving the cannon so far - can't wait to see it finished! :)

Have been upgrading the coat. (will wax today)

mqDhhLml.jpg

cu6nUeRl.jpg

More ridges!

0PGm0Hhl.jpg

3zC7C3Bl.jpg

Oxmu6y5l.jpg

L0WHkagl.jpg

Essential in every costume! Pockets!

EUCCXbPl.gif

a3NODH3l.gif

JwRUDpJl.gif

60cvWD3l.jpg

Sewing the collar back on...

LFko6SSl.jpg

New contacts and a comparison.

Dramatic swooshing! :D

I want to possibly try doing some waxing on a costume of my own. I'm working on Quicksilver (from the newest X-Men movie) and I noticed that he has shiny patches on his jeans (mostly along the seams). At first I thought it was just silver paint but the more I look at it, the more it looks like it's just shiny, like the fabric has been buffed somehow. Is this something your waxing procedure would be able to replicate? If so, where did you get your wax from? From your earlier posts it looks like you just melted it in a pot and poured it into a container. You said you brushed it on, so I assume you melted it again when you did that. And what did you buff it with to get it shiny? I think that's all the questions I have at the moment, lol!

I just bought paraffin and beeswax, mixed them and yes I reheat it and apply it with a brush. Then I heat it *again* and do several layers until it starts looking like the fabric is entirely filled with wax. Then I buff it by rubbing it with whatever I have. I read not too long ago they used to do it with soft cloth. So I'll be trying that. The fabric WILL GET STIFF. But the more you wear it, the more you tear it, it'll get more flexible. It might crack, but just reheat it and rub more. I will not say that I am doing this correctly, because I'm nowhere near the effect I *want* to get, but it's at least a nice, weathered look.

It actually looks like I've been on Qo'Nos like this. But that's all I can tell you. =/ Because I am still figuring out how to do it better.

Thank you for the info! I will do some tests on some scraps first, but that was super helpful. I wouldn't have even known where to start!

I still don't. Hahaha. I just watched a lot of videos etc. i need to figure out the professional process. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've also been starting to plan my next Khan outfit.

bE82XpOl.jpg

Will look for fabric tomorrow.
And because my back hurts after an intense week, I started feeling. I never really realised what the massagists meant when they said my back was nice and muscled.
Well. for the first time I've seen my back after taking pics. I think it really helps in the cosplay. Body fitness pics incoming!

K5usJHdl.jpg

7Tn60xml.jpg

:lol I NEVER KNEW AND I AM ENTIRELY SURPRISED.

But...I AM Khan. Kind of. Definitely Lady Khan.

So I got the fabrics I wanted. I'm in love.

N0z2j4ql.jpg

NwbZehGl.jpg

srcAj88l.jpg

IGZDWTzl.jpg

With cotton on the back, this is the first bit of the lining actually done. It's easily to iron.

Re: Star Trek into Darkness - Khan [New coat start on page 4]

That fabric looks spectacular. I've been waiting for someone to tackle this coat. Looks brilliant so far. Good luck!

Re: Star Trek into Darkness - Khan [New coat start on page 4]

Thanks!

In the mean time, I've been working on the cannon more.

QAIrRwHl.jpg

nNcUcAYl.jpg

Fixed the light inside. (It flickers)

9MPIDvtl.jpg

IYSrO01l.jpg

CRw6E3al.jpg

QG4kGfNl.jpg

(I really dislike the barrel but you all know that by now)

for a video on the flickering lights, I'll forward you to my instagram page.

And the silver coat has gotten a collar, it's not attatched and made bigger than it actually is. Several reasons.
1) the mannequin is really tiny compared by me.
2) It's easy to make something smaller, but to make it bigger is hard..

ni8OtoRl.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back