Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

this thread has to go down in history for the most teamwork. again i love the attention to detail this little circuit board is getting.

There's some amazing stuff coming out of this thread! I had been playing around with the circuit board design when the photos of the original V2 were first posted so I thought I'd share what I've come up with so far. The shaded areas at the top and bottom are the parts of the circuit board that would be hidden in the jaws of the clamp, so I just made up something going on there.

We know that the length of the circuit board will be 2" to match the length of the clamp itself, but the trick will be to figure out exactly how much distance is exposed between the jaws of the Graflex clamp while on the accurately dimensioned V2 saber body, which will give us the height of the exposed circuit board. Just eyeballing my graphic below, I think it needs to be squashed a bit shorter, but I can certainly play around with it some more.

Cantina%20Dudes%20V2%20circuit%20board_zpskx3f5nzh.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Cheers,

MJC.

The one I have in recent memory was for Russ' V2. Pushed to get him to do it, and while he was doing it, the clamp, card, and lever were all figured out and by the time Russ finished, you had everything show up in the mail practically at the same time. I still admire the speed and efficiency of how that all came together, nevermind the accuracy issues. That thing got done fairly fast in a fairly short amount of time.

Last edited:
You magnificent bastards you have done it. Amazing to finally see the edge connector in full detail.

EDIT:
For those of us who have been around a long, long time the original prop showing up is huge. Short of the hero Ben Kenobi saber being unearthed I'm not sure any find trumps this, not to diminish the amazing discoveries of already mention threads luke the DL-44.

Forgive my enthusiasm I just found the images here about 12 hours ago.

Last edited:
Look what just surfaced online via WIRED ... a picture of Luke's hero by Dan Winters taken at Lucasfilm Archives :

Do you see what I see? There's a seamline, which makes me wonder if this is the metal version or the casted resin?

Chaim

Aww saw that on Facebook! It's the resin cast of the Hero post-cave-scene. It's been on exhibit multiple times and I think they like showing it off. It probably has that "blemish" on the bottom, I just mentioned that in some other thread....I think....anyways, I want to know what paint they used to make it so shiny!

Hey folks, I'm planning on sending out the circuit card layout next week. I'll go ahead and let you all stew on the layout till then. I plan on making a final version around, say... Wednesday, submit it for review from the group, then send it on to the manufacturer on Friday.

Collect your thoughts and feedback, I'd like to move this forward no later than Friday the 29th of May.

Also, people asking about a sign up list for cards, I will be ordering plenty, so no need for a sign up list. If the bulk order I make runs out, I'll just order more.

No worries about running out.

Since the card's getting sussed, what news of the lever?

I'm working on it. I will refine the design this week and present it here for everybody to comment, and I will give a price for manufacturing it. It will include the lever with the screw and nut assembly. The clamp is not included.
I will sell it on wannawanga.com when it is done.

I'm working on it. I will refine the design this week and present it here for everybody to comment, and I will give a price for manufacturing it. It will include the lever with the screw and nut assembly. The clamp is not included.
I will sell it on wannawanga.com when it is done.

roy thats awesome news! as for the graflex clamp, has anyone been able to remove the box bar off it? is it hard to do?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back