STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

just finished the show. i honestly totally forgot until i saw all the notifications on my phone.. alittle late. but thankfully it was on demand. i enjoyed the season opener. its kinda what i expected.

MJF i never understood miliarty ranking, i always found it weird that the military, army, airforce, and navy all have different tiles? you would think it would all be the same? like for instance i dont know who's more powerful, a general or a colonel?

going to go hit up the rebels recon

In every military in the world a general always outranks a colonel, likewise an admiral will outrank any captain or commander. It only really starts to get confusing within the general ranks because most militaries like a hybrid naming system to denote the various grades of general. Like in the US, for instance, you have major and lieutenant generals and although a major normally outranks a lieutenant a Major General is only a 2 star General while a Lieutenant General is a 3 star General and thus outranks the Maj. General. To make things even more interesting, the German Army during WWII had the rank of Oberst-General or Colonel General and I think that the Russians have that rank as well.

In every military in the world a general always outranks a colonel, likewise an admiral will outrank any captain or commander. It only really starts to get confusing within the general ranks because most militaries like a hybrid naming system to denote the various grades of general. Like in the US, for instance, you have major and lieutenant generals and although a major normally outranks a lieutenant a Major General is only a 2 star General while a Lieutenant General is a 3 star General and thus outranks the Maj. General. To make things even more interesting, the German Army during WWII had the rank of Oberst-General or Colonel General and I think that the Russians have that rank as well.

wicked overwhelming lol

I've always seen the term "commander" in Star Wars refer more to position than an actual rank name. George has said that, along with "group", he loves the sound of it, so it's all over the OT and PT. Unless he's sporting a rank plaque, I'd almost say his "rank" is deputy mission leader. *heh* I mean, heck, among the clone army, it covered everything from Lieutenant Colonel up to Brigadier General, going by the units commanded by "Commanders".

If anything, I feel the GAR/Imperial ranks are something more like WWII German ranks, where "Lieutenant", "Captain", and the like have three or more levels of seniority. Less sure about the Rebellion.

--Jonah

I think the closest thing we have to a known rank is what the resistance uses and was shown in the Vis Dic. Now previous Visual Dictionaries had issues with accuracy. So take this with a grain of salt.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/20/10/8f/20108fb5fc189d8c017100acb945d1ec.jpg

Now in the case of the rebellion, you simply turn every end and angle point into a dot and it should be something similar to what was used in the OT. I can't promise you there are not issues in that theory but I think it a good guide.to help get us by. :p

Where is that from? I don't remember any Rebels wearing anything like that at all.
This one from the Rebel sourcebook looks like the rank badges they wear:
RebelAllianceSourcebookRankInsignia.jpg

combing through youtube videos i found this rebels music video promo for this season. i seriously have to give a SPOILER WARNING theres a lot of quick shots!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCo2vjJFdPk

i was able to grab a close up of ezra's saber. if there is a problem posting it, please let me know. i dont think this is a spoiler thread, but seeing we already saw the saber from afar i honestly dont see any harm

ezra%20saber.png

Meh.....

.....a Scout Walker on a platform with a sheer drop and nowhere to walk,...surely a more suitable vehicle would have been used to guard the door,.....who filled out the RAMs for that?

The Kanan don't rely on your eyes story,....I'd expect Ezra to have to learn that....The little kiddies in the Prequels being taught by Yoda & Luke's first lesson with the remote,.....kinda lame

I did like the Dagoba tree spiders & the Y-Wings destined for Dodonna

But the whole Kanan & Ezra,.....'I see a city in the clouds.....I must go & help my friends'.....first episode,....must try harder C-

J

Meh.....

.....a Scout Walker on a platform with a sheer drop and nowhere to walk,...surely a more suitable vehicle would have been used to guard the door,.....who filled out the RAMs for that?

The Kanan don't rely on your eyes story,....I'd expect Ezra to have to learn that....The little kiddies in the Prequels being taught by Yoda & Luke's first lesson with the remote,.....kinda lame

But the whole Kanan & Ezra,.....'I see a city in the clouds.....I must go & help my friends'.....first episode,....must try harder C-

J
I fully agree. As much as I did like this adventure, the parallels to ESB were out of control.

Rebels goes WAY beyond Easter eggs for me. Sometimes it feels like they are just trying to avoid doing their own thing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I've always seen the term "commander" in Star Wars refer more to position than an actual rank name. George has said that, along with "group", he loves the sound of it, so it's all over the OT and PT. Unless he's sporting a rank plaque, I'd almost say his "rank" is deputy mission leader. *heh* I mean, heck, among the clone army, it covered everything from Lieutenant Colonel up to Brigadier General, going by the units commanded by "Commanders".

If anything, I feel the GAR/Imperial ranks are something more like WWII German ranks, where "Lieutenant", "Captain", and the like have three or more levels of seniority. Less sure about the Rebellion.

--Jonah

Like I stated in my update of the original post, that is how I took it after the second viewing. He has a rank LT in a Command position... a LT Commander, not the rank of LCDR (which there does not seem to be a rank used in the SW universe).

In the US Navy, Commander is of course a rank but also a position. But it usually is not something that is used in place of the rank because you are usually talking about someone in a higher rank Like an Admiral who is Commander of Fleet Forces. But once again, this is simply just FYI stuff and not trying to make it sync with the SW universe.

However in the Navy, there is also a the use of the term Captain. Navy Captain rank is an O6 pay grade equal to a Colonel in the Army/Marines/Air Force, not to be confused with the Army/Marines/Air Force rank of Captain which is and O3 pay grade which is equal to the rank of Lieutenant in the Navy. The O3 pay grade is type of captain Star Wars uses when you hear the rank of Captain. BUT... Also in the Navy, the term of Captain is applied to anyone who is in command of a vessel even if his rank is lower than that of a Navy Captain such as CDR, LCDR, LT. This seems to be the practice used in SW as well. Solo introduces himself to Ben and Luke as Captain of the Falcon. I also have come to believe that when Solo is referred to Captain Solo by other rebels, it may not be referring to his rank, but his assignment, that as Captain of the Falcon.

Last edited:
I think the weakest link on this whole thing is the voice actor for Ezra. I accepted it in earlier seasons because he was a kid, but now that he's matured, he feels off. There's nothing compelling about him

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The change of his appearance and personality breaks any emotional connection we had made with the Ezra character in previous episodes. At the end I didn't care if he perished or not

J

The change of his appearance and personality breaks any emotional connection we had made with the Ezra character in previous episodes. At the end I didn't care if he perished or not

J
Yeah. He was kind of awful. Like anakin in the prequels, not anakin in the animated series.

In all honesty, Ezra may have been more interesting if they started him at the Jake Lloyd age and then jumped ahead 5 years with a different voice actor

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Those scout walkers that were on watch patrol--I was anxious to see one of those do a 180. That platform was very small for a turnaround.

I thought the same thing too, I thought that given the small size of the platform that it was kind of pointless to have a walker to patrol.

I thought the same thing too, I thought that given the small size of the platform that it was kind of pointless to have a walker to patrol.

Yeah I agree......as I said on the previous page:

Meh.....

....a Scout Walker on a platform with a sheer drop and nowhere to walk,...surely a more suitable vehicle would have been used to guard the door,.....who filled out the RAMS for that?

J

Bit of a mixed bag of an episode. I enjoyed the stuff with Kanan and the Bendu was an interesting and new look at the Force. I agree the Ezra characterization is going I tad off the rails and he seems less sympathetic and more snarky and petulant. Hondo is always fun and the assault to steal them a fun enough ride.

Nice little episode. Cool new alien that kind of sounded like count dooku.

i'm assuming those y wings will be the same seen in episode 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Also from the episode galleries...

http://img.lum.dolimg.com/v1/images/302-bts-gallery-reb_ca_1634_454401a4.jpeg?region=0,0,1280,439

Oh, those are lovely. I need to do this version of the Y-Wing as a model now. I like how they did the rear gunner position on these. And the "forward-swept" exterior paneling on the engine struts.

--Jonah

never thought about something so obvious. the why wing could be redesigned to have warp nacells :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back