STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Of course that's a fair point. Honestly, as Wedge & Hobbie hadn't been seen since the academy episode, I wondered if they'd been transferred to Dodonna's cell.

Pretty sure that the animators chose the ROTJ style helmets so that they could hide the faces of the rebels pilots & reuse the models, much like the Imperial officers. If they were to introduce the ANH style helmet, this would be a good time. It would further differentiate our 2 hero pilots, who already have face models done. It'd also be some nice fan service to show their screen canon markings, maybe with a description of what they mean.

We now know that they'll all be unifying on Yavin before Rogue One. I expect that we'll see an episode down the line where the Ghost crew meet up with Incom corporation and get their hands on some X-wings. That would also be a reasonable time. Heck maybe Saw will be involved, and we'll see him take a couple for his group.

I actually drifted off in this lasted episode . I saw the final minute or so. But I wasn't interested in going back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

i think i f igured out the problem. rebels is to clone wars what enterprise is to Voyager.

It's a much slower paced show and far lower on resources to make it seem big and expanded.

i think i f igured out the problem. rebels is to clone wars what enterprise is to Voyager.

It's a much slower paced show and far lower on resources to make it seem big and expanded.
Rebels also seems to spend all it's money on the episodes that start and end the seasons. The same way Galactica used to do. Whereas you couldn't really tell what was a BIG episode on the clone wars. Even the Padme episodes had some serious work into them.

And anything on coruscant or mandalore was a visual feast

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I actually drifted off in this lasted episode . I saw the final minute or so. But I wasn't interested in going back.
As long as you saw the discussion between Grand Admiral Thrawn and Agent Muttonchops explaining they could narrow the search for the rebel base, that's pretty much the only bit of information in this episode that moves the overall story along. Well, that and the Imperial forces have a new infiltration/attack droid that looks like a blue version of Ralph McQuarrie's paintings of C-3PO, but now that the rebels know what it looks like it's pretty much useless.

As long as you saw the discussion between Grand Admiral Thrawn and Agent Muttonchops explaining they could narrow the search for the rebel base, that's pretty much the only bit of information in this episode that moves the overall story along. Well, that and the Imperial forces have a new infiltration/attack droid that looks like a blue version of Ralph McQuarrie's paintings of C-3PO, but now that the rebels know what it looks like it's pretty much useless.
Yeah...I saw that. It was really the only point of the episode

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

what a complete waste of thrawn.

he should have had a two hour premier like vader almost did for season 2.
This whole thing has been a waste imho. They keep telling us how intelligent he is. But we don't see it.

Our heroes should be on the run right now. Just like the ori arc on sg-1, they should be getting their butts whipped across the galaxy.

i think thrawn gets his rocks off hunting these rebels. i think he's prolonging it for his own enjoyment. i think he knows exactly where they are and is screwing with Kallus during the episode...

I think people want the Rebels Thrawn to be the same as book Thrawn. They don't have to be 100% the same. Just feel lucky they pulled him into canon for you! ;)

I think people want the Rebels Thrawn to be the same as book Thrawn. They don't have to be 100% the same. Just feel lucky they pulled him into canon for you! ;)
I don't know the book thrawn at all. But I do know that his part of this story has been a lot of talk

i think thrawn gets his rocks off hunting these rebels. i think he's prolonging it for his own enjoyment. i think he knows exactly where they are and is screwing with Kallus during the episode...
I won't be too surprised if this turns out to be true. I think he suspects Kallus of being part of Fulcrum and is waiting for him to make a mistake and reveal himself as exactly that.

Thrawn was introduced in Timothy Zahn's novel "Heir to the Empire" which, according to the official timeline, takes place nine years after the Battle of Yavin. Since Rebels takes place approximately five years before A New Hope, the "Rebels" Thrawn is about 14 years younger than the "books" Thrawn so it makes sense that he wouldn't be exactly the same.

Friend just told me the dark saber is made out of the same metal as mandelorian armor?

Anyone else see this somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know the book thrawn at all. But I do know that his part of this story has been a lot of talk

and his screen time has been next to nothing. might as well not having there at all.
and that goofy dracula like theme song doesn't make him serious, makes him like 'who is this clown?'

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back