STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

1799906_339441652879131_6585911592527036057_o.jpg

Boo! Ka D'Argo did the whole "Alien with a melee weapon that is also a ranged weapon" thing first! I am looking forward to Steve Blum's performance. He normally does great work as a voice actor.

Thanks for posting the vids, I am so looking forward to this show. However, I'm still not liking Chopper, or at least his voice, it still sounds way too much like a person talking into a mic going whop, whop, whop and then getting processed, I would have preferred something a little more R2 like.

At first, the Chopper sound made me cringe. I think it was just that it was so different than what I knew of astromech sounds. But the more I heard it and see Chopper in action, the more it seems to flow.

I share in a lot of others disappointment in the lack of static pop in the Trooper's amplification system. I'd like to know why the choice to omit it came to be. I do not think it is a matter of forgetting to add it. Are they in some sort of transition sound system between the ones used in clones to the ones we know of in A New Hope? I'd there a production reason? I would just like to know.

Look, I KNOW the Empire, as a whole, is evil. But does every single individual need to be a petty a-hole?

I think when Star Wars Detours was canned the show demanded a compromise that included their parody like elements to be reflected in some of the characters. This may be a bit harder to swallow than I had previously thought. Depicting your big bad as incompetent, near sighted and easily bamboozled doesn't do the heroes of the show any favors either since pretty much ANYONE can fight these guys. Also, is that pilot coughing while he's wearing that helmet??

I think when Star Wars Detours was canned the show demanded a compromise that included their parody like elements to be reflected in some of the characters. This may be a bit harder to swallow than I had previously thought. Depicting your big bad as incompetent, near sighted and easily bamboozled doesn't do the heroes of the show any favors either since pretty much ANYONE can fight these guys. Also, is that pilot coughing while he's wearing that helmet??

To be fair, we haven't really seen any major villains yet, just various levels of goons and none of them seem to be very high up in the pecking order either so it's not really indicative of how competent (or not) the Empire is. I'm sure that as the series goes on we'll see that the Inquisitor and Enforcer are from incompetent and we'll probably also see some mid-level baddies than their goon squad underlings.

Now about that pilot, I think that he was coughing but there could be any number of reasons for that. Maybe he's asthmatic and was having an attack at that time or maybe his life support wasn't working that well; anything is possible although I'll admit that it was kind of an odd choice to have him cough given the helmet he was wearing. In the end I imagine that it was probably done more for dramatic effect than anything else, dramatic effect in the sense that they though it would make the scene more interesting or believable with the coughing or the director just thought that it was missing something and a cough was what's needed.

Jedifyfe me, guys, but isn´t that Zeb character a neat interpretation of good ol´ McQ Chewie? And it does look like he´s like a talking Wookiee.

What does bother me, though is that he climbs that TIE like a gekko, which is cool because the concept Chewie had reptilian like features. But the kid climbing the TIE with the same ease and a very similar flow of movement totally took me out of that other Trailer with the TIE pilot in it.

I thought I'd remind everyone, since it's related- The new REBELS prequel book 'A NEW DAWN', by John Jackson Miller, was released today. It's the first official release from the new story group. It starts a few years after Order 66, & a few years before REBELS. I'm just a little bit into it, but if this is where the SW universe is headed, then count me as a fan of the unified new 'EU', for lack of a better term.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back