STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Just watched S3E2... *gulp*

MAJOR SPOILER....

Maul now knows where Kenobi is located.

I don't dare click it lol I just can't imagine they bring maul back in episode 2. I would have thought they drag the series out and save him for something important like filoni said. I'll report back tonight after I watch the episode

sounds like it was a good one

I have to say, the bendu is my favourite part of this. Tom Baker is awesome.

It's nice to see someone who understands the force even better than yoda

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

And I gotta say, that spoiler is pretty exciting.<br />
<br />
However, I kind of hope they save it for another series. Perhaps a straight to DVD film<br />
<br />
Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I have to say, the bendu is my favourite part of this. Tom Baker is awesome.

It's nice to see someone who understands the force even better than yoda

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

As much as I love Yoda, I really like how they are showing more about the Force and showing that the Jedi dogma was not necessarily right. I think it became too dogmatic and they lost sight of what they really were. Of course, you don't know this Bendu guy so maybe being in the middle isn't right either. There was a story line in the old EU that petered out fairly quickly, where someone tried to convince Luke that it was your intent while using a power, not the power. So supposedly you could use Force lightning, but if you were doing it for good, it wasn't the Dark Side. I thought it was stupid though. It's like the line Palpatine said in ROTS where he said the Dark Side would teach you to use powers that some consider unnatural... So I'm like "Yeah I want to see the weird stuff you can do!" I don't want everyone to use the same powers!

Yay!!

Tie Interceptors next week!!!

- - - Updated - - -

As much as I love Yoda, I really like how they are showing more about the Force and showing that the Jedi dogma was not necessarily right. I think it became too dogmatic and they lost sight of what they really were. Of course, you don't know this Bendu guy so maybe being in the middle isn't right either. There was a story line in the old EU that petered out fairly quickly, where someone tried to convince Luke that it was your intent while using a power, not the power. So supposedly you could use Force lightning, but if you were doing it for good, it wasn't the Dark Side. I thought it was stupid though. It's like the line Palpatine said in ROTS where he said the Dark Side would teach you to use powers that some consider unnatural... So I'm like "Yeah I want to see the weird stuff you can do!" I don't want everyone to use the same powers!

I agree. I think there is a difference between being strong i the force, and wise in the Force. I often felt that what the prequels were trying to show was that the unbalance in the Force was not just due to the Sith, but the Jedi themselves.

Absolutely. Probably the greatest thing about lucas' vision for the prequel era was showing how fallible the jedi were. Showing us how far they were from actually understanding the world around them. And Yoda was the shining example of that. I loved that they were clouded by the dark side. Blinded.

And this bendu seems like he is actually in tune with the force as an element, not a belief system

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/film-music-tv/articles/dave-filoni-talks-rebels-connecting-rogue-one/

Dave Filoni Talks Rebels Connecting To Rogue One

October 1, 2016, 11:35 AM, BST

In a wide reaching, and fascinating interview Dave Filoni chatted with Empire Online about the new series of Star Wars Rebels, and commented on how he plans to align the TV show to the movie.
How close are you to the time of Rogue One? Will any aspects of Rogue One will be connected to the show in the third season?

I would say that there will be things that definitely have influenced each other and have been definitely accounted for. Something that I’ve been interested in, is I’ve been aware of kind of the look of the film and the characters in the film for a while. If you look at Rogue One, it’s a much more gritty and very realistic-looking world and Rebels is a much more, when it starts out, colorful world. I’ve been slowly adapting, because I’ve been in the know, so that as we get closer to each other, things are going to naturally line up. I think our show will always be a bit more colorful, but it’s meant to be able to ingest the look of certain things that are happening in the film. I think that will be a lot of fun for people.

Season three has just begun. What can you say about season three without saying anything, because that’s the way the game is played?

That has been the last twelve years of my life: How do you get people excited without revealing anything? For me, the fact that Darth Maul will be back is very exciting to people. I think that’s something to look forward to, because he became such a more dimensional, interesting character when we had him in Clone Wars and I thought Sam Witwer played him brilliantly last year. So well that we want to do more with him and really get into why is he there? Why was that important to introduce him? That’s kind of a big part of what’s going to be happening in season three.

Then you have the consequences for Ezra with his actions in the last season and the discovery of this holocron, this ancient Sith knowledge. That’s always a difficult temptation for a young person that sees his friends in trouble or in need. The guilt he might feel over what’s happened to his friends. Kanan was injured and Ahsoka is missing in action. They didn’t come off with a complete victory at the end of last season. It’s a transitional moment. Take Fulcrum, the name of what Ahsoka was known as: It’s a fulcrum point for the whole thing, because as we came back, everybody was a little bit older. We jumped time a little bit. Things have been happening and people have started to change. That’s what’s very exciting.

I love this new concept of the 'Bendu', the option between the light and dark side. Hearing Tom Baker voice the philosophical points of the concept... I feel like I'm hearing Yoda's wisdom again from ESB.

grabbed a few cell phone pics of ezra's new saber. we need a run!!

3fd6cf1171f72da6092cf6a35e3ff8bf.jpg
a0e5a8e940317263bc3db5b691cdf8db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. Ezra said "twin suns" and Maul found out that "He lives!" and got pretty damn happy and flew off. Has to be either Kenobi or Anakin he's after. Remember people, this is all canon now... It's exciting!!

Last edited:
And I'll ad Ezra's "I see Twin Suns" [emoji15]

Yup. Ezra said "twin suns" and Maul found out that "He lives!" and got pretty damn happy and flew off. Has to be either Kenobi or Anakin he's after. Remember people, this is all canon now... It's exciting!!

To me it was obvious he was looking and now going after Kenobi. However, I also have to wonder if "twin suns" was part of a shared vision to the two diffferent questions. We know Kenobi is on Tatooine, but so is Luke which would be the possible answer to Ezra's question about destroying the Sith.

grabbed a few cell phone pics of ezra's new saber. we need a run!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got caught up in something else yesterday, but I did start the model. i'll have it up later today. Turns out there were enough shots in the premier to do most of it. It's be nice to get some better detail shots to be sure, but still.

I got caught up in something else yesterday, but I did start the model. i'll have it up later today. Turns out there were enough shots in the premier to do most of it. It's be nice to get some better detail shots to be sure, but still.

yes! awesome!!!

- - - Updated - - -

To me it was obvious he was looking and now going after Kenobi. However, I also have to wonder if "twin suns" was part of a shared vision to the two diffferent questions. We know Kenobi is on Tatooine, but so is Luke which would be the possible answer to Ezra's question about destroying the Sith.

i sure hope we are not being fooled, and the one maul "sees" is old crazy ben in his hut on tatooine

Well this seems to answer the question of whether or not Maul will confront Kenobi on Tatooine. But will he kill Maul or will Maul get away yet again? I'm excited to find out!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back