STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Well, good news for me....I found out Netflix has both seasons available. Unfortunately not streaming, but still, it'll save me the $50 of buying them.

The first disc of season 1, with the first 5 episodes, is next in my queue and will be shipped to me tomorrow. I'll let y'all know what I think of the series--well, the first two seasons, anyway--when I've finished it in about a month.

Thanks again for your opinions!

The Wook

It's not really a rumor, Dave has said Vader is not featured in Season 3.

aaaah man this is depressing....

realistically.. after ezra escaped with the holocron i can't see vader not hunting it down for himself... maybe he's being lazy and just wants thrawn to do the dirty work.. and once thrawn fails he'll step up and go get it himself?

disappointing to hear no vader thats for sure..

- - - Updated - - -

Well, good news for me....I found out Netflix has both seasons available. Unfortunately not streaming, but still, it'll save me the $50 of buying them.

The first disc of season 1, with the first 5 episodes, is next in my queue and will be shipped to me tomorrow. I'll let y'all know what I think of the series--well, the first two seasons, anyway--when I've finished it in about a month.

Thanks again for your opinions!

The Wook

keep your eyes open for a lot of easter eggs!!

Forgot about this show (kinda) until Scottjua's post showed up in my feed.

I was looking for something to watch tonight... getting caught up on this may be the way to go...

I'm so far behind I have no idea why Ezra has a scar and shaved head.

Forgot about this show (kinda) until Scottjua's post showed up in my feed.

I was looking for something to watch tonight... getting caught up on this may be the way to go...

I'm so far behind I have no idea why Ezra has a scar and shaved head.

Season 1 will tell you about the scar.

The haircut is new for Season 3.

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/film-music-tv/articles/another-clone-wars-alumni-joining-rebels/

Another Clone Wars Alumni Joining Rebels

Sci Fi Central bring us the exciting news that Katee Sackoff is returning to the Star Wars galaxy.

Sackoff voiced the character Bo Katan in Clone Wars, and she revealed that she has already voiced “her Star Wars role again” for Rebels.
Bo-Katan was from Mandalore and served Death Watch during the Clone Wars. She became lieutenant in Death Watch under the group’s leader, Pre Vizsla, and joined with him as a member of Darth Maul’s Shadow Collective.

After Maul killed Pre Vizsla, she fought against him and provided assistance to Obi-Wan escaping Mandalore.

Last edited by a moderator:

'sigh'

I don't want to get into another "what is Star Wars" debate with more people, because Star Wars is different for everybody. But the Filoni Star Wars is not my vision for Star Wars. There were only a handful of episodes out of the entirety of CW that I enjoyed. I agree with your longer arcs statements, but in general I just don't care for what Filoni has done for the franchise. I respect his passion, not his vision.

I agree entirely, for a while the new cartoon showed promise, probably because that was Disney's brief,...but it is sliding back to what Disney cancelled

J

'sigh'

I agree entirely, for a while the new cartoon showed promise, probably because that was Disney's brief,...but it is sliding back to what Disney cancelled

J
So you don't think the clone wars was cancelled because of cost and maturity level?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

So you don't think the clone wars was cancelled because of cost and maturity level?

I think it was cancelled because it only appealed to a certain sector of Star Wars fans, Disney has bought Star Wars,....they want it for the lean part of the franchise

I've said it before,.....if you went into a Disney Store, just after they purchased the franchise you saw in the windows & wrapped around the security barriers photo montages of Luke, Leia, Han, Ben (Alec Guinness) & Vader,....inside the store were cuddly Chewies,...no Clone stuff,....no Prequel stuff

Now seeing anything Prequel or Clone in shops is either in reduced areas in pound shops or bargain shops, reduced & it jumps out at you as odd

Do a search on Toys R Us or Disney Store sites & there is very, very little of Prequel or Clones

Disney wants the good stuff, the stuff that EVERYBODY likes

J

Jeeze people. It was simply a business strategy. When Disney bought LFL, they knew exactly the direction they wanted to go and that was stories moving toward the Sequel Trilogies. The Clone Wars cartoon did not do that. it had nothing to do with ratings, audience, and tone.

Can you say cost was a factor, yes but in the sense of opportunity costs (An opportunity cost refers to a benefit that a person could have received, but gave up, to take another course of action. Stated differently, an opportunity cost represents an alternative given up when a decision is made). Meaning that even Disney and LFL have a limit to their resources. Disney wanted to utilize their resources on pushing the new business plan. Not an old one.

And even though I really loved the Clone Wars, I agree with their decision.

Last edited:
Jeeze people. It was simply a business strategy. When Disney bought LFL, they knew exactly the direction they wanted to go and that was stories moving toward the Sequel Trilogies. The Clone Wars cartoon did not do that. it had nothing to do with ratings, audience, and tone.

Can you say cost was a factor, yes but in the sense of opportunity costs (An opportunity cost refers to a benefit that a person could have received, but gave up, to take another course of action. Stated differently, an opportunity cost represents an alternative given up when a decision is made). Meaning that even Disney and LFL have a limit to their resources. Disney wanted to utilize their resources on pushing the new business plan. Not an old one.

And even though I really loved the Clone Wars, I agree with their decision.

Yeah, it was both a financial decision and a marketing decision.

thanks MJF! i couldn't get the video to load from the link bryan posted. this is getting dark!! I don't think Ezra is going to have a .... light future. from a marketing point i can't see disney promoting ezra as a bad guy to little kids. again this show is based for the younger generation. though i love seeing ezra tap into the darkside, i feel I'm going to be very disappointed in the end if ezra dabbles into the dark side and comes back out... we have seen that story before

hopefully this season is good, and the clips we are shown aren't just from 1 episode like we got with season 2

super excited for the end of the month

So, I got Disc 1 from Netflix, containing the first 5 episodes of Season 1. Before I begin watching, is there anything I need to see first? Like, for example, was there a Rebels TV movie or pilot or anything like that, which predates Episode 1 of Season 1? Or should I just start with Episode 1?

Thanks!

The Wook

So, I got Disc 1 from Netflix, containing the first 5 episodes of Season 1. Before I begin watching, is there anything I need to see first? Like, for example, was there a Rebels TV movie or pilot or anything like that, which predates Episode 1 of Season 1? Or should I just start with Episode 1?

Thanks!

The Wook
I believe you can start with episode one. There was a short movie but I think it was just the first two episodes put together

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back