Display stand for Micro Machines Millenium Falcon

red4

Sr Member
In 4th grade, way back in the 90s, I got a set of Micro Machines Star Wars vehicles that were painted silver with black washes. I was stupid enough to take them to school, and sure enough the Millenium Falcon got stolen along with a few others. The Falcon was the only one I was really devastated about, and when I went to the store to get another one, they were no longer stocked. However, there was a slightly larger Falcon. It was transparent, and had little mechanical guts sculpted on the inside. I WAS SAVED! It came with a Sandcrawler which I didn't care for. Anyway, I eventually lost the display stand it came with, and that's how the Falcon existed in my possession for over a decade.

millenium_falcon_display_stand01_by_action_figure_opera-d62p9sp.jpg

Last week, I decided it was time to breathe new life into the Falcon.

Fitting an aluminum rod into the original display socket:
millenium_falcon_display_stand02_by_action_figure_opera-d62p9rw.jpg

close up:
millenium_falcon_display_stand03_by_action_figure_opera-d62p9qp.jpg

I Googled some images of various Star Wars universe logos, and decided the only one that would make sense as a base for the Falcon would be the Rebel insignia. I printed it 4 times in case I needed extras. They were printed on sticky-backed paper.
millenium_falcon_display_stand04_by_action_figure_opera-d62p9pd.jpg

I stuck one of the Rebel insignias onto a sheet of black acrylic, and cut it out on a band saw:
millenium_falcon_display_stand05_by_action_figure_opera-d62p9no.jpg

Size comparison:
millenium_falcon_display_stand06_by_action_figure_opera-d62p9mc.jpg

I made a wedge to adapt the aluminum rod to the base, glued and epoxied it together, then put the Falcon on for a looksie:
millenium_falcon_display_stand07_by_action_figure_opera-d62p9in.jpg

It's pretty much done. Next, I'm going to hand paint it with acrylics.

Last edited:
I have this falcon (regular version, not clear) and also lost the display stand over the years. Do you recall where the aluminum rod that you used came from?
Whenever I've looked around my place I never find anything that fits and it's really something that I don't think to look for when I'm out.

Thanks

I have this falcon (regular version, not clear) and also lost the display stand over the years. Do you recall where the aluminum rod that you used came from?
Whenever I've looked around my place I never find anything that fits and it's really something that I don't think to look for when I'm out.

Thanks

I don't think this Falcon was ever produced in a non-transparent version. It is about 3 inches long. I also had the metallic colored version, which is significantly smaller - it was stolen from me in 1st grade, and I bought this one as a replacement.

The aluminum rod came in a bag of scrap rods and pipes that I don't remember where I bought. Could have been Hobby Lobby, although I don't recall ever seeing such a bag there again.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back