Weapons shadow box. long ever changing WIP...

Re: Starting my weapons wall.....

LOL...I was just picking at you my friend....I wouldn't dream to take your pulse rifle....I love it though....as far as stocks go , SD is the only maker of those unless self fabricated....but I will look around , I am not sure if Matsuo makes those or not !!!

LOL...I was just picking at you my friend....I wouldn't dream to take your pulse rifle....I love it though....as far as stocks go , SD is the only maker of those unless self fabricated....but I will look around , I am not sure if Matsuo makes those or not !!!

Thanks man.Iv'e already asked Matt. he said he would have a look see. busy man you know..

Well guy's. I have come to the conclusion quite fast. that there are far too many guns In one small area here.

But I have a question please. I would also like to experiment with pictures and tags in the case as well as cloth possibly. do I presume correctly. that I can not just go on the net and grab whatever caches my fancy? If I find a picture or graphic I would like to use. how would I obtain It properly?

Most can be made with little modifications , but you can find shadow boxes for sets of 3 weapons at places like Hobby Lobby , Michaels , etc. some have felt lining in them that may be suitable for you already....just a thought of something to consider....

this photo of mine is just something I am still playing around with....I may end up putting different props in them later on .....

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=209680&d=1374164677
attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice display!

But my question Is more along the the lines of background Imagery. I'm sure iv'e read somewhere here that It's not cool to just grab something off the net and throw it In with your display.

Example. I would like to have this image with my river song blaster possibly.
user24712_pic5693_1304445197.png

would this be frowned upon?

Last edited:

Not my display but I would prefer something akin to the following to even out the space.

pistoldisplay_03.jpg

When I have my display set up though I think I will set it up as following.

pew.jpg

Sean, taking frames or screen-caps from the original movies / TV shows is OK, for our purposes.

Sean, taking frames or screen-caps from the original movies / TV shows is OK, for our purposes.

thanks mike. and Xtafa I like the real world gun setup. and definitely look foreword to seeing yours. my experimentation will proceed. and hopefully I will come up with something i'm happy with... not only do I have to decide on Inner frame color or fabric etc. the outer box frame gets painted as well. so many possibility's...

OH yeah , once I get props set up the way I want them, I plan on having Robocop , Malcolm Reynolds, and Kirk photos in there to illustrate the prop , of course...but I still have to finish the props before I attempt to go down that road too...LOL....so many irons on the fire...LOL...I think sean , anything you do , will look great , photos is a must for props in general !!!

I love the way it looks, I to am working on some thing in the same way but will hold more. As to the background, look at some Butter suede for the back, it looks really cool and comes in many colors

My latest configuration. think I may be able to live with this one. have to fill In a bunch of holes and may paint the white a pinch more gray. thinking of trying tags as for what movie TV show also.

Opinions more than welcomed.

IMG_0792.JPG

I like the setup in person more than looking at this pic. I like the double layer black thing going on...

It looks great. Needs more guns though. Might I suggest a Noisy Cricket?

Thanks Batt. Iv'e tried allot of guns Inside the box. just seems overwhelming. and don't hate guy's. I don't find the noisy cricket appealing..

sean , no matter what you decide, it only needs to work for you and your setup that appeals to your liking....plus your collection is very impressive !!!

sean , no matter what you decide, it only needs to work for you and your setup that appeals to your liking....plus your collection is very impressive !!!

Thank you Guy. your right. it is my taste at the end that has to appeal to me. and I have this roughed in to the point that i'm happy with. still some fine tuning to do, but I want to save that for getting into a bigger place. then I can go to town with the rest of my collection and future pieces.

just a shame I had to get old to have what I wanted when I was young ...lol :thumbsup

Thank you RPF....

Yeah I hear, you there !!! Geesh after all I been thru this month , I really do feel old myself....but you know, if we don't try and get these soon, we may never be able to again , as the way prices are skyrocketing on everything. I guess thru all the bad , this stuff has kept my mind busy a little, which helps....sean , what ever you plan to do with your props and other collection, is only going to be to satisfy you , and help bring a little peace to your world , you cant please everyone, I learned a long time ago....some are picky....but if they were that picky, then why don't they have these props and set up the certain way , that they are referring to....only people can give ideas , the rest is up to you to set up accordingly to your layout ( adequate room space ) design , background pattern that fits into your environment and that's it !!!.....I consider you a friend , and I back you 100 percent and whatever decision , you deem necessary !!! Your collection is not an easy task , when you have that many props combined !!!....LOL...some use shadow boxes that simply keep certain props on certain sides of the walls....some do not....display as you know, is an exceptional part in your props , as we discussed before a while back , I believe we touched base on some things that could be done ( ideas, plaques , etc, but the end result....is all you...either way , you have more prop weapons than most....which brings your task to a more difficult decision , would love to see , how this comes out , when you know the time is right, sincerely, your friend , Guy

Yeah I hear, you there !!! Geesh after all I been thru this month , I really do feel old myself....but you know, if we don't try and get these soon, we may never be able to again , as the way prices are skyrocketing on everything. I guess thru all the bad , this stuff has kept my mind busy a little, which helps....sean , what ever you plan to do with your props and other collection, is only going to be to satisfy you , and help bring a little peace to your world , you cant please everyone, I learned a long time ago....some are picky....but if they were that picky, then why don't they have these props and set up the certain way , that they are referring to....only people can give ideas , the rest is up to you to set up accordingly to your layout ( adequate room space ) design , background pattern that fits into your environment and that's it !!!.....I consider you a friend , and I back you 100 percent and whatever decision , you deem necessary !!! Your collection is not an easy task , when you have that many props combined !!!....LOL...some use shadow boxes that simply keep certain props on certain sides of the walls....some do not....display as you know, is an exceptional part in your props , as we discussed before a while back , I believe we touched base on some things that could be done ( ideas, plaques , etc, but the end result....is all you...either way , you have more prop weapons than most....which brings your task to a more difficult decision , would love to see , how this comes out , when you know the time is right, sincerely, your friend , Guy

Thanks man. you are a true friend. and I find myself now looking back at the person that was collecting then. totally different mindset. and to any new guys and girls wanting to collect. one piece of advice. patients is the key. something i'm still learning because I hate waiting for anything... :)

Thanks man. you are a true friend. and I find myself now looking back at the person that was collecting then. totally different mindset. and to any new guys and girls wanting to collect. one piece of advice. patients is the key. something i'm still learning because I hate waiting for anything... :)
I agree , life always happens when your making other plans, so all in due time do things work themselves out , your right on the mindset, after all this collecting, I realized myself...it was so enjoyable to get something , now I realized , I have purely just LOST MY DAMN MIND....what in the world was I thinking...LMAO :p:D:facepalm.....lol

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back