Jumanji board game replica

IMG_0208.JPG IMG_0209.JPG

Here's a couple of screen caps.

Well I had a bit of a set back today, upon coming back to my top carving for the board it had all curled up for some reason, and as it's super sculpy I had baked it in the oven so when I tried to flatten it all it snapped in numerous places, so tonight has been taken up by painstakingly putting it back together and fixing it to a surface with no gaps underneath to allow me to take a mould from it, oh well, lesson learned, onwards and upwards as they say...

OqNjHE.jpg

Very basic board shaped, ignore the hardboard top and bottoms, I'm waiting for the wood to be delivered for these so I've used hardboard to stop the rest from loosing shape in the mean time :)

qcUbyg.jpg

Here's some progress :)

compartment lids done, minus the line work in the leaves :)

S7v3WJ.jpg

and the game board well on it's way :)

Kym5VG.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

All the silicone and resin should be arriving in the next day or 2, aswel as the centre dome and outer ring that I've ordered from shape ways :) going to do some more on the actual game box tomorrow as the rest of the wood has arrived and I want to get the hinges done and out the way haha

Haha yeh, haven't sculpted the croc yet but had 2 attempts at the monkey, so just put them all there for illustrative purposes lol, going to sculpt him tonight :)

Well the silicone rubber and casting resin arrived so I set to work boxing in the top of the board and the compartment sculpt, elephant and rhino, then I ran out of wood haha so I figured I'd do the rest later...

j4Apos.jpg

After pouring the silicone I realised that I had enough for the top of the board and the compartment, that's it, wow this stuff doesn't go very far haha, I'll have to get some more ordered. Anyway the two mould were a success and here they are

nUhwkJ.jpg

RzTvcr.jpg

well then it was time to try the fast cast I bought, that all went well, just got to trim the edges of the board to now, time to order some more silicone :( oh and I ordered the centre done and outer ring from shapeways :)

g1hXSN.jpg

RwfqCA.jpg

more updates on the actual board coming tomorrow :)

hey, MikeyLincs, I wouldn't recommend buying my dome. I realized after I ordered and recieved my own design that it doesnt fit the ring as well as it should, theres about a millimeter or two gap between the border of the dome and the inside of the ring! I hope you can cancel your order!

Edit: or if you dont care, and do what i did and paint the surface under the dome black, then you should be fine.

Right well I've been quote busy with work etc lately but I have been working on the board so heres a run down of how far I've got so far :)

firstly i managed to get the hinges working, wow that wasn't easy haha, heres what the board looks like closed at the moment (the top carving isn't stuck down)

photo1_zpsfd70ba33.jpg

A couple of days after i received my parcel from shape ways, the centre ring and dome, unfortunately i was informed a couple of days after i ordered that the dome doesn't quite fit, but hey ho, Im working on doing the dome a different way at the moment.

photo2_zps60efa8b8.jpg

photo3_zpscb7155a3.jpg

after fitting the compartments to the board and got them working with little hinges i ordered some tiny magnets from amazon to fit so they stay shut like in the film, all working as it should :)

photo5_zps8428e0a3.jpg

I then set about trying to work out the best way of making the game rule panels, i couldn't find an image online that was clear enough and after doing a bit of research i found a way of transferring inkjet prints onto wood, so I've decided to draw the rule cards by hand which i will then alter colours etc in photoshop and print out to transfer onto wood :) heres one of the rules nearly finished.

photo4_zps48abd57b.jpg

After a couple of weeks not working on the board i ordered some more silicone to get the rest of the moulds made. So i set to work casting the actual board.

photo1copy_zps696d06e6.jpg

That all went well and this is what the board looks like on the inside at the moment :) pretty happy so far.

photo2copy_zps5babc423.jpg

Im going to put some supports under the resin board to lift it up a little i think.

Ive been studying screenshots and i just wasn't happy with my playing pieces, so tonight I've re-sculpted them to be as screen accurate as my abilities will allow, they aren't perfect, but they're good enough for me :)

photo3copy_zps3affece9.jpg

More updates to come soon :)

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 86
  • photo 3 copy.JPG
    photo 3 copy.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    840 KB · Views: 97
  • photo 2 copy.JPG
    photo 2 copy.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 106
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 114
  • photo 1 copy.JPG
    photo 1 copy.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 82
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 80
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back