Starship troopers model

trooperprop

Hello,
A few months ago I got the mim model of the Athena from Starship troopers.
After checking the model I decided that I wanted to make it look more like the model build for the
movie. So I cut up some part, put new parts on it, details ect ect.
It took much more time than I planned but I learned a great deal about shipmodeling (I useally sculpt ect.)
Now I am done and am please with it. Wished I made some before and after shots. Hope you likew the model as much as Idid building it. Hope to get better pictures soon. Only need a base for it.

Now it is time to start work on the Rodger Young... :thumbsup
Greetings from the Netherlands,

BasD

Pc150014.jpg

Pc150017.jpg

Pc150015.jpg

Pc150012.jpg

Pc150013.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(trooperprop @ Dec 15 2006, 04:07 PM) [snapback]1378546[/snapback]</div>
Hello,
A few months ago I got the mim model of the Athena from Starship troopers.
After checking the model I decided that I wanted to make it look more like the model build for the
movie. So I cut up some part, put new parts on it, details ect ect.
It took much more time than I planned but I learned a great deal about shipmodeling (I useally sculpt ect.)
Now I am done and am please with it. Wished I made some before and after shots. Hope you likew the model as much as Idid building it. Hope to get better pictures soon. Only need a base for it.

Now it is time to start work on the Rodger Young... :thumbsup

BasD

Pc150014.jpg

Pc150017.jpg

Pc150015.jpg

Pc150012.jpg

Pc150013.jpg

[/b]
Your did a very nice job on the ship. Where did you find you find your Starship Troopers models at? I was told that no one had ever made models of the bigger ships.

[/quote]
Your did a very nice job on the ship. Where did you find you find your Starship Troopers models at? I was told that no one had ever made models of the bigger ships.
[/quote]

Hello,
Thanks all for responding to my show off :thumbsup Always nice to hear.

Thew size is about 40 cm. not that big but it displays very well.

As for starship troopers model kit:
The Rodger Young by FEDERATION MODELS very very good, believed to be a casting of a original, has many similarities as the ICON version but it is not the same. If you want one pick this one up while you can

The Athena is made by monsters in motion. (just put some extra work in it) Very nice model and easy to build

Then there are 2 bug models made by WARP (from the UK I think)Very nice and fun to pose Comes with a couple of troopers ehhh " meat for the grinders"

The there is a large warrior bug but I do not know the the name of the company. Is very well cast and multi possible.

Then I offerd a run of castings of the smallest ships (tac, dropship, Rodger young) and a large brainbug but du the lack of buyers they are retired. :cry

And there is a medium size Tac fighter made by some builders that worked on the movie but it is sold out long ago I think. Do not have it.

Hope this helps, and if you got any questions feel free to ask.
If anybody has more info, please post :rolleyes

BasD

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back