Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

Just caught Al's show in Phoenix last night with the kids. The guy does a great concert. Can't recommend enough if you're a fan.

Hey, I was there, too! Great show. I had the opportunity to troop as Vader for Al onstage three years ago at his Mesa show. Cool guy, for sure.

I thought the design of the U-wing was a bit silly, with it's wings stretched out front like that, but if you had a gun ship type aircraft carrier in space, folding the wings like that would help with storage. The X-wing seems more like a ground base type ship. You could have a whole bay of U-wing ships stored and staggered inside a ship, and deploy a squadron of U-wings from space.....

Yeah, the canopy is the only thing bothering me. It looks like a fighter with room for maybe two very friendly and crowded passengers lying down against the fuselage.
No reason a bigger craft can't have bigger windows, but it looks so much like the other canopies they have on fighters that it throws it off.

It does look that way doesn't it? But it seems that it's much larger than it appears an that cockpit section is probably larger than that of the Falcon. Here's a good pic of it in action with troops in it for scale.

attachment.php

My only concern (I won't elevate it to complaint :lol) is the wings. They don't look large enough to provide any kind of lift in atmosphere. I guess it could help somewhat. It might be like the Republic Gunship where the wings aren't aerodynamic, but serve some other function. I'm not sure if the Incom engineers look at a design and say "Now does it have s-foils?", "No sir.", "Well go back and put some on there, we're Incom, not Subpro!"

I'm pretty sure any wings we've seen so far in the GFFA almost certainly don't serve any aerodynamic function. In a fiction where repulsorlifts are real, aerodynamics aren't needed!

Bail is in! I know some thought it was him, but some just thought it might not be. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbiVB2vxJ7c
This makes me so happy. He was always a weird casting choice IMHO but having him and Mon mothma really bring this home for me.

Incidentally, they must have kept this under wraps. When that teaser hit, I looked for his involvement on IMDb and couldn't find anything

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This makes me so happy. He was always a weird casting choice IMHO but having him and Mon mothma really bring this home for me.

Incidentally, they must have kept this under wraps. When that teaser hit, I looked for his involvement on IMDb and couldn't find anything

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I agree. The casting was a bit odd and his role in the PT a bit too abbreviated in my opinion but I do like that he's in Rogue One. All things considered, it's logical that he'd have an appearance.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back