Terminator iconic poster pose

Alaneye

Sr Member
I've had this one on the back burner for a while, mainly because it's a bit of an experiment really. Anyone who's followed my sculpting knows I work in Super Sculpey but I got interested in trying Monster Clay... the idea being to melt the clay and pour it into my battle damaged Terminator mold so I could rework it to look like the poster image. It has worked, but I was finding it hard to work with Monster Clay after using SS for so long and it's been lying there ever since. Anyway, just thought you might like a look at him.

IMG_0786.jpg

Really liking the idea of casting the clay. Looking forward to some update pic's :)

Is the monster clay waxy?

Keep up the good work Alan (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

:)

Thanks for all the comments guys. I'll hopefully pick this up again at some point. I've been working on Kyle today.

Leigh, I'd say Monster Clay is more like working with a very firm plasticene than wax.

Al

Thanks, Taz, but this one got scrapped. I should have inserted a stick into the clay to keep it rigid. It was lying around and got knocked about it a bit.I might have another go at it some time, I struggled with the Monster Clay though, the techniques I used with sculpey didn't really work with Monster Clay.

I've bought some Turpenoid on the advice of Brian Wade. Apparently a 50/50 mix of Turpenoid and isopropyl alcohol is good for smoothing Monster Clay.I'm going to make a fresh casting and have another go.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back