X Plane From X Men 2

I'm in for a kit.

But you already know that (lol).

I PM'd you a week or so ago.

No worries I got you covered.

Another quick update. got the wings pinned and secured in place. haven't joined the two halves yet. still have the nozzle and turbine and seal up the intakes and other openings.

Heres a bunch of pics.

Thanks for looking.

I just realized how similar that ship looks to a drone... I guess the guys who designed the drone may be sci-fi nerds? It's fantastic, Al! First class... no pun intended! :)

Another quick update. I got the engines glued into place. and glued the two halves together. started at the nose and got to the front of the engines. came out pretty good. after the two halves are glued. sand the edges and apply some filler to get a nice sharp edge. then take a exacto with a broken tip and go back and re scribe the panel lines on the edges where the filler was added.

It went together very easy. im glad I did a build up on this first because I found two spots Im
going to strengthen for the kits. All I have left is to finish sanding the filler in the back and tweak the exhaust nozzle. I did a test print came out good, I just want to adjust it just a little.

Heres some pics. will paint this during the week if it cools off a bit.

Al

OK Nozzles are all Drawn out and ready for printing. anyone who wants one of these can PM me again in the next few days and I will reply with a price and by Tuesday or Wednesday I will start a junkyard thread.

Heres a few pics of the solid works file that will be printed out for the engine nozzles.

Thanks for looking

Al

Ok got the back all sealed and I decided to make the center rear section real sharp like in a reference shot I got. this came out great real happy with it. needs a little sanding and a re shot of primer. the new nozzles are being printed and this will get paint in a few days.

Heres a few pics and any one whos thinking about purchasing a kit please read my disclaimer under the pics.

thanks Al

ok. I built this for me and I will offer a few of these for who ever wants them. im not a kit producer, I build things the way I know how to. and put them together. if you've never built a fiberglass kit or any thing like this I would say please don't try on this one. theres no instructions and no wrong way to do it. I will make the parts to the best of my ability and will guarantee them for 6 months. anything after that if the kits not built theres no refunds or extra parts. it has large fiberglass parts that need to be respected and stored properly. they must be kept flat so as not to warp. any one who does buy one, im always here for advice and help on how to put it together. that being said. I hope a few of you do build them and enjoy them. theres not much clean up work, some air bubble in the panel lines which pop right out.. and if need be break the tip of an exacto blade and drag through the panel line to clean it up.

Enjoy. Al

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back