X Plane From X Men 2

Can't wait to see more!! Nice work. Is there a thread explaining your paneling technique? E.g. which primer is best to use, any particular tricks for getting the bestd raised panel results etc..?

I flipped the Model over and poured the other side and could nt wait so I layed up the first part. A few small bubbles in the panel lines but they popped right out.

Heres a few pics of the molds and the parts. just need to mold the wings now.

Al

Can't wait to see more!! Nice work. Is there a thread explaining your paneling technique? E.g. which primer is best to use, any particular tricks for getting the bestd raised panel results etc..?

The Model making book im writing will have all the tricks, tips and different techniques, for every aspect of model making. from pattern making to molding and casting. vac forming. fiberglass work and anything else I can fit in there.

Al

Thanks, I will be making a limited number of these as kits. But wont officially start a junkyard thread until i do a build up of one. But im not agaist a PM if you want to get one now

Hi, Al! I have been watching this one. Sorry I was keeping to myself... It is looking really great. :) I'm always happy to see what you have done.

The Model making book im writing will have all the tricks, tips and different techniques, for every aspect of model making. from pattern making to molding and casting. vac forming. fiberglass work and anything else I can fit in there.

Al

A big fan of your work Al, love the your Betty build also

This is such a difficult shape to get symetrical and you have nailed to my friend

When do you anticipate releasing the book, do you have interest from any publishing houses?

Put me down for one, i will definately be buying a copy.

Great stuff

Cheers mate :cheers

Gag

A big fan of your work Al, love the your Betty build also

This is such a difficult shape to get symetrical and you have nailed to my friend

When do you anticipate releasing the book, do you have interest from any publishing houses?

Put me down for one, i will definately be buying a copy.

Great stuff

Cheers mate :cheers

Gag

Thanks Nylon, im enjoying your build too.

No publisher, im going to publish the book my self. im hoping for the first of the year. I have a lot of info and im still compiling it, and trying to get a ton of photos. I want to make it as in depth as I can. I want who ever reads it to have a strong understanding of what it takes to build models and with that the knowledge that they can try and build something themselves. theres no secrets. only techniques. and just practice.

Now for the Jet. im making mine with the Flaps down as if it was going to land. so I made two of every part and chopped the flaps out and sanded the wings to fit the extra flap. next up. attach all the parts and mold the engine turbine. and the exhaust Nozzle is being printed out. should have that soon.

heres a bunch of pics of the wings and lowered flaps.

Thanks for looking.
Al

I started Pinning the wings and getting them fit into there right position. also sanded the the correct angle on the lower belly wings. and started to cut out the hull in the vents and engine nacells. Like I said before my version is going to have the flaps down as if it was coming in for a landing. all parts are just held in place with tape. I wont permanently secure them until I finish the exhaust and clean up the vents.

Heres a bunch of pics. hope you like.

Al

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back