Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
very nice

what glue do you plan to use to glue them back onto your soles?

Probably SuperGlue. Will test some other stuff like Shoe Goo as well.

Have you tried adding white paint or dye to be movie accurate?

Once glued, they will lose some of the glass look. I don't think the actual shoe had white pigment added. It certainly won't need it once glued.

Probably SuperGlue. Will test some other stuff like Shoe Goo as well.

Once glued, they will lose some of the glass look. I don't think the actual shoe had white pigment added. It certainly won't need it once glued.

They sure do look like they have some sort of white in them. They aren't entirely clear like yours.
nike-mag-mcfly-sneaker-back-to-the-future-2.jpg

S02 made some good clear soles a while back for the MPs.
tumblr_mcyulaB9lw1qamsd5.jpg

Last edited:
Jedifiyfe's right about the superglue - also superglue is very brittle and does not flex much before cracking and breaking off. Have a look around your local hardware store for a clear glue - something like tarzan's grip might work, though i haven't tested that one. but those side shots look great!

I was supposed to make another set of clears tonight, but didn't as I was busy working on a new pair of molds. So I ripped the yellow soles off my MAGs and fitted the clears.

10556320_10152574517238841_2050709664495545867_n.jpg

10501624_10152574517268841_4248362472735444877_n.jpg

10500577_10152574517308841_5912979098870918095_n.jpg

Sadly this pair are not keepers as parts of their side profile are too thick. They do have a pretty neat cross cut (front on) profile. These are not a complete pair, rather just the sides at this stage until I can make the other parts. I wish the lights were working.

Anyway, new molds are done, so maybe tomorrow night I can get a pour done.

They sure do look like they have some sort of white in them. They aren't entirely clear like yours.

S02 made some good clear soles a while back for the MPs.

Material pending, you can get a translucent white pair. I made a front part out of Shoe Goo and it set much more white than the water clear. Pigments could help, but not sure if I want to add anything at this stage.

My first attempt before I got the Vac Chamber working, was riddled with fine bubbles and they are "white" compared to the clears. Infact both the bubbled and the Shoe Goo versions look like SO2's in the images you posted above.

- - - Updated - - -

cavx : will you switch the blue led to EL aqua panel? It should be terrific!

Yeah eventually :)

Nice Cavx. Once you perfect these soles, I might get a set to play with.

Thanks Jedifyfe and cool that you like these. Lets hope these stay clear for a few years like that other stuff.
I had to break these into smaller parts, but the ultimate goal is to pour each as a single part so each set comprises of 4 parts which is what I am working on now.

i finally got around to slimming the toes on my wear pair of V2's. However I used a slightly different approach to the steam method as a test - I put them in front of a small fan heater for a while, which softened the toe box, then gently pressed on the toe box with the palm of one hand and 'pulling' the sole at the toe down slightly while it cooled. I'd class it as a success, though deforming what's already there isn't going to be as good as cutting some out. Must be good enough if the staff at the Nike outlet store all came around to see them, lol
toe.jpg

hey all I know its not mag related but has everyone seen the new hot toys marty and delorean. Will anyone from here hot toys - back to the future - marty mcfly collectible_pr1_ea2u.jpgbuy them? Personally I cant wait.

I got super excited just then when you posted the other links hoping to see BTTF 2 and 3 Marty and DMC. Are they really $1500?

Yeah after running it through XE. For some reason I thought the HKD was more. Must have confused it with the SGD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back